Pedro A Valdes-Sosa
Affiliation: Cuban Neuroscience Center
- Spatio-temporal autoregressive models defined over brain manifoldsPedro A Valdes-Sosa
Cuban Neuroscience Center, Ave 25 15202, esquina 158 Cubanacan Playa CIUDAD Havana
Neuroinformatics 2:239-50. 2004..Use of the model is illustrated with an fMRI time series that was gathered concurrently with EEG in order to analyze the origin of resting brain rhythms...
- Nonlinear EEG analysis based on a neural mass modelP A Valdes
Cuban Neuroscience Center CNIC, P O Box 6880, Havana, Cuba
Biol Cybern 81:415-24. 1999..These attractors are also found by means of a nonlinear time series analysis of the EEG recordings. We conclude that the Hopf bifurcation described by Zetterberg et al. (1978) is present in actual brain dynamics...
- Effective connectivity: influence, causality and biophysical modelingPedro A Valdes-Sosa
Cuban Neuroscience Center, Ave 25 15202 esquina 158, Cubanacan, Playa, Cuba
Neuroimage 58:339-61. 2011..We show that some of the challenges faced in this field have promising solutions and speculate on future developments...
- EEG source imaging with spatio-temporal tomographic nonnegative independent component analysisPedro A Valdes-Sosa
Cuban Neuroscience Center, Neurostatistics Department, Cubanacan, Playa, Havana, Cuba
Hum Brain Mapp 30:1898-910. 2009..The temporal signatures are at present unconstrained but can be required to be smooth, complex, or following a multivariate autoregressive model...
- Model driven EEG/fMRI fusion of brain oscillationsPedro A Valdes-Sosa
Cuban Neuroscience Center, Havana, Cuba
Hum Brain Mapp 30:2701-21. 2009..The LL-innovation estimation method has been already applied to small and medium scale models. With improved Bayesian computations the practical estimation of very large scale EEG/fMRI models shall soon be possible...
- Estimating brain functional connectivity with sparse multivariate autoregressionPedro A Valdes-Sosa
Cuban Neuroscience Center, Avenue 25, No 15202 esquina 158 Cubanacan, PO Box 6412 Playa, Area Code 11600 Ciudad Habana, Cuba
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 360:969-81. 2005..Application of the method to real data was illustrated by the identification of neural circuitry related to emotional processing as measured by BOLD...
- Introduction: multimodal neuroimaging of brain connectivityPedro A Valdes-Sosa
Cuban Neuroscience Centre, Avenue 25 No 15202 esquina 158, Cubanacan, Playa, PO Box 6412 6414, Area Code 11600, Ciudad Habana, Cuba
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 360:865-7. 2005
- Bayesian model averaging in EEG/MEG imagingNelson J Trujillo-Barreto
Cuban Neuroscience Center, Havana, Cuba
Neuroimage 21:1300-19. 2004....
- Approximate average head models for EEG source imagingPedro A Valdés-Hernández
Neuroimaging Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Havana, Cuba
J Neurosci Methods 185:125-32. 2009..This AM does not need a strict alignment between head models, and can therefore be easily achieved for any type of head modeling approach...
- Exploring event-related brain dynamics with tests on complex valued time-frequency representationsEduardo Martínez-Montes
Neurostatistics Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Havana, Cuba
Stat Med 27:2922-47. 2008..Both statistics gave unambiguous evidence of the presence of phase locking suggesting that they constitute promising tools in the analysis of event-related brain dynamics...
- Concurrent EEG/fMRI analysis by multiway Partial Least SquaresEduardo Martínez-Montes
Neurophysics Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Havana, Cuba
Neuroimage 22:1023-34. 2004..As of yet, no single neuroimaging method offers the optimal combination of spatial and temporal resolution; fusing fMRI and EEG meaningfully extends the spatio-temporal resolution and sensitivity of each method...
- 3D statistical parametric mapping of quiet sleep EEG in the first year of lifeJorge Bosch-Bayard
Centro de Neurociencias de Cuba, Avenida 25 y 158, Playa, La Habana, Cuba
Neuroimage 59:3297-308. 2012..80, 0.69 for average reference scalp EEG SPM, and 0.48 for Laplacian EEG SPM. This superior performance of 3D SPM over scalp qEEG suggests that it might be a promising approach for the evaluation of brain damage in the first year of life...
- White matter architecture rather than cortical surface area correlates with the EEG alpha rhythmPedro A Valdés-Hernández
Neuroimaging Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Ave 25, Esq 158, 15202, PO Box 6412 6414, Cubanacan, Playa, Havana, Cuba
Neuroimage 49:2328-39. 2010..We found that white matter architecture rather than neocortical area determines the dynamics of the alpha rhythm...
- Multimodal quantitative neuroimaging databases and methods: the Cuban Human Brain Mapping ProjectGertrudis Hernández-González
Clinical Neuroscience Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Havana, Cuba
Clin EEG Neurosci 42:149-59. 2011..Examples of clinical studies using qMN are given and, more importantly, receiver operator characteristics (ROC) analyses of the different developments document a sustained effort to assess the clinical usefulness of the techniques...
- Identifying complex brain networks using penalized regression methodsEduardo Martínez-Montes
Neurostatistics Department, Cuban Neuroscience Center, Cubanacan, Havana, Cuba
J Biol Phys 34:315-23. 2008..This study is an initial attempt to explicitly include complexity descriptors as a constraint in multilinear EEG analysis...