- [Emotions, cognition, awareness and behavior in eating disorders. Comparison between obesity and anorexia nervosa]
Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Elettani Intézet és MTA Neurofiziológiai Kutató Csoport, Pecs
Orv Hetil 150:1135-43. 2009
..However, obesity is mostly regarded as a weight management problem...
- Functioning of 7-year-old children born at 32 to 35 weeks' gestational age
Department of Clinical and Developmental NeuroPsychology, University of Groningen, Grote Kruisstraat 2, 9712 TS Groningen, Netherlands
Pediatrics 130:e838-46. 2012
..To compare neuropsychological functions in moderately preterm (32-35 weeks' gestation) and full-term children at the age of 7 years and identify gender differences...
- Explicit vs. implicit body image evaluation in restrictive anorexia nervosa
Institute of Physiology and Neurophysiology Research Group of the HAS, Pecs University Medical School, Szigeti str 12, 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Psychiatry Res 175:148-53. 2010
..Depression and anxiety did not influence body evaluation. Strong negative evaluation of overweight appears to be a key issue in AN rather than positive evaluation of ultra-thin role models...
- Reduced capacity in automatic processing of facial expression in restrictive anorexia nervosa and obesity
Institute of Physiology and Neurophysiology Research Group of the HAS, Pecs University Medical School, Szigeti str 12, H 7624 Pecs, Hungary
Psychiatry Res 188:253-7. 2011
..The social relevance of our findings and a possible explanation based upon neuroscience are discussed...
- Patterns of functioning and predictive factors in children born moderately preterm or at term
Department of Clinical and Developmental NeuroPsychology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Dev Med Child Neurol 54:710-5. 2012
..The aim of this study was to identify subgroups of children born moderately preterm (MPT) and term with distinctive levels and patterns of functioning, and the perinatal and demographic factors that predict subgroup membership...
- Is there any relationship between obesity and mental flexibility in children?
Institute of Physiology Medical School, Pecs University, Szigeti str 12, Pf 99, H 7602, Pecs, Hungary
Appetite 49:675-8. 2007
..This suggests that childhood obesity involves cognitive deficits in shifting and attention abilities...
- Altered executive function in obesity. Exploration of the role of affective states on cognitive abilities
Institute of Physiology and Neurophysiology Research Group of the HAS, Pecs University, Medical School, Szigeti str 12, H 7643 Pecs, Hungary
Appetite 52:535-9. 2009
..The mediating role of depression is confirmed. Positive emotion was associated with cognitive functions independently from BMI. Positive affectivity in obesity treatment is discussed...