- Research on the influence that communication in psychiatric encounters has on treatment
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:1253-65. 2002
..The purpose of this article is to inform mental health professionals about the empirical literature on medical and psychiatric encounters and the influence of communicative behaviors on specific encounter outputs and treatment outcomes...
- Developing a community-academic partnership to improve recognition and treatment of depression in underserved African American and white elders
Research Network Develop Core, The Advanced Center for Interventions and Services Research in Late Life Mood Disorders, Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:953-64. 2009
..The authors describe the process and challenges of developing a community/academic research partnership to address these disparities...
- The association of public and private religious involvement with severity of depression and hopelessness in older adults treated for major depression
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Advanced Center for Intervention and Services Research for Late life Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:503-7. 2009
..The authors assessed the association between public and private religious participation and depression as well as hopelessness in older depressed, adults treated in mental health settings...
- A review of the first five years of the University of Arizona telepsychiatry programme
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Telemed Telecare 11:234-9. 2005
..The continued use of the services suggests that the telepsychiatry programme fills a service gap in rural areas of the state...
- Clinical presentation and treatment outcome of African Americans with complicated grief
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:700-2. 2007
..This study sought to examine whether ethnic differences occur in the presentation of patients with complicated grief or their treatment outcome...
- Incentive payments for attendance at appointments for depression among low-income African Americans
Edward P Post
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Center for Research on Health Care, 230 McKee Place, Suite 600, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:414-6. 2006
..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of nominal incentive payments on attendance at therapy appointments among 50 low-income African Americans with depression...
- The relationship between religious involvement and clinical status of patients with bipolar disorder
Advanced Center for Intervention and Services, Research for Late life Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:68-76. 2010
..The present study assessed the association between different forms of religious involvement and the clinical status of individuals treated for bipolar disorder...
- Effect of camera resolution and bandwidth on facial affect recognition
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Telemed J E Health 10:392-402. 2004
..e., facial affect recognition) by subjects in comparison to Betacam camera resolution/bandwidth combinations...
- Active medical conditions among patients on an assertive community treatment team
John W Ceilley
Department of Behavioral Health, Denver Health, Denver, CO, USA
Community Ment Health J 42:205-11. 2006
..The majority of patients were cigarette smokers and were diagnosed with alcohol or illicit substance use disorders, which were associated with viral hepatitis C infection and reactive airway disease in this patient population...
- Introduction to the special issue on culture and community mental health
Russell F Lim
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California Davis School of Medicine, 2230 Stockton Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Community Ment Health J 41:505-8. 2005
- Barriers to care-seeking for depressed African Americans
University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Psychiatry Med 38:71-80. 2008
..We explored perceived barriers to mental health care-seeking for depressed, low-income African Americans who are already engaged in psychotherapy...
- Use of American Sign Language in telepsychiatry consultation
Ana Maria Lopez
Arizona Telemedicine Program, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85724, USA
Telemed J E Health 10:389-91. 2004
..This case study demonstrated the feasibility of delivering specialty medical services to a special needs population via telemedicine...