Affiliation: University Hospital
- Differences in cholesterol and metabolic syndrome between bipolar disorder men with and without suicide attemptsBjanka Vuksan-Cusa
University Hospital Centre Zagreb, Department of Psychiatry, Zagreb, Croatia
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 33:109-12. 2009..0%) than in attempters 3/20 (15.0%) bipolar men group, but without statistical significance. Lower concentrations of serum cholesterol might be useful biological markers of suicidality in men with bipolar disorder...
- The comorbidity of bipolar disorder and cardiovascular diseases from pharmacotherapy perspectiveBjanka Vuksan-Cusa
University Psychiatric Clinic Rebro, Clinical Hospital Centre Zagreb, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 21:382-5. 2009..It is very interesting to investigate the impact of mental health on cardiac disease and what is the complex underlying mechanism that links these two conditions...
- C-reactive protein and metabolic syndrome in patients with bipolar disorder compared to patients with schizophreniaBjanka Vuksan-Cusa
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 22:275-7. 2010....
- Metabolic syndrome and serum homocysteine in patients with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia treated with second generation antipsychoticsBjanka Vuksan-Cusa
University Hospital Zagreb, Psychiatric Clinic, Kišpatićeva Street, Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatry Res 189:21-5. 2011....
- Smoking and schizophreniaMarina Sagud
University Department, Clinical Hospital Zagreb, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 21:371-5. 2009..Schizophrenic patients who smoke may require higher dosages of antipsychotics than nonsmokers. Conversely, upon smoking cessation, smokers may require a reduction in the dosage of antipsychotics...
- Comorbidity and multimorbidity in patients with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder: similarities and differenciesIvan Oreški
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 24:80-5. 2012..There is a need for better understanding and research of the comorbidity structure in schizophrenia and bipolar disorder...
- Metabolic syndrome, somatic and psychiatric comorbidity in war veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder: Preliminary findingsMiro Jakovljevic
University Psychiatric Clinic Rebro, Clinical Hospital Centre Zagreb, Kispaticeva 12, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 18:169-76. 2006..Post-traumatic stress disorders (PTSD) have been associated with comorbidity of many major somatic and mental disorders as well as with premature mortality...
- Borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder comorbidity in suicidal patients: diagnostic and therapeutic challengesDarko Marcinko
Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Hospital Center Zagreb, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 21:386-90. 2009..Effective medication management reduces the overall suffering of the patient and enables to make greater use of psychotherapeutic interventions which is very important for BPD patients with BD comorbidity...
- Catechol-O-methyl transferase and schizophreniaMarina Sagud
School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital Centre Zagreb, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Psychiatr Danub 22:270-4. 2010..Heterogenity of patient population has undoubtedly influenced the results of these studies. Interaction of Val108/158Met polymorphism with other genes and environmental factors is an important avenue for future research...