Affiliation: University of Zagreb
- Skorjanec S, Kokot A, Drmic D, Radic B, Sever M, Klicek R, et al. Duodenocutaneous fistula in rats as a model for "wound healing-therapy" in ulcer healing: the effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157, L-nitro-arginine methyl ester and L-arginine. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2015;66:581-90 pubmed..In conclusion, resolving the duodenocutanenous fistulashealing, nitric oxide-system involvement, should illustrate further wound healing therapy to heal duodenal ulcers. ..
- Masnec S, Kokot A, Zlatar M, Kalauz M, Kunjko K, Radic B, et al. Perforating corneal injury in rat and pentadecapeptide BPC 157. Exp Eye Res. 2015;136:9-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, BPC 157 eye drops successfully close perforating corneal incisions in rats. ..
- Klicek R, Kolenc D, Suran J, Drmic D, Brcic L, Aralica G, et al. Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 heals cysteamine-colitis and colon-colon-anastomosis and counteracts cuprizone brain injuries and motor disability. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013;64:597-612 pubmed..Consistently, BPC 157 counteracted cerebellar ataxia and impaired forelimb function. Thereby, this experimental evidence advocates BPC 157 in both inflammatory bowel disease and multiple sclerosis therapy. ..
- Duzel A, Vlainić J, Antunovic M, Malekinusic D, Vrdoljak B, Samara M, et al. Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 in the treatment of colitis and ischemia and reperfusion in rats: New insights. World J Gastroenterol. 2017;23:8465-8488 pubmed publisher..BPC 157 is a fundamental treatment that quickly restores blood supply to the ischemically injured area and rapidly activates collaterals. This effect involves the NO system. ..
- Belosić Halle Z, Vlainić J, Drmic D, Strinic D, Luetic K, Sucic M, et al. Class side effects: decreased pressure in the lower oesophageal and the pyloric sphincters after the administration of dopamine antagonists, neuroleptics, anti-emetics, L-NAME, pentadecapeptide BPC 157 and L-arginine. Inflammopharmacology. 2017;: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we revealed that BPC 157 counteracts the anti-emetic neuroleptic class side effect of decreased pressure in sphincters and the dopamine/NO-system/BPC 157 relationship. ..
- Luetic K, Sucic M, Vlainić J, Halle Z, Strinic D, Vidovic T, et al. Cyclophosphamide induced stomach and duodenal lesions as a NO-system disturbance in rats: L-NAME, L-arginine, stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157. Inflammopharmacology. 2017;25:255-264 pubmed publisher..Finally, BPC 157, due to its special relations with NO-system, may both lessen increased MDA- and NO-tissues values and counteract effects of both cyclophosphamide and L-NAME on stomach and duodenal lesions. ..
- Medvidovic Grubisic M, Stambolija V, Kolenc D, Katancic J, Murselovic T, Plestina Borjan I, et al. Hypermagnesemia disturbances in rats, NO-related: pentadecapeptide BPC 157 abrogates, L-NAME and L-arginine worsen. Inflammopharmacology. 2017;25:439-449 pubmed publisher..In contrast, a worsened clinical course, higher hypermagnesemia, and emerging hyperkalaemia might cause both L-NAME and L-arginine to affect the same events adversely. These events were also opposed by BPC 157. ..
- Zivanovic Posilovic G, Balenovic D, Barisic I, Strinic D, Stambolija V, Udovicic M, et al. Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 and bupivacaine. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;793:56-65 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that the stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 should be a potential antidote for bupivacaine cardiotoxicity. ..
- Stambolija V, Stambolija T, Holjevac J, Murselovic T, Radonic J, Duzel V, et al. BPC 157: The counteraction of succinylcholine, hyperkalemia, and arrhythmias. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;781:83-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the depolarizing neuromuscular blocker effects of succinylcholine were successfully antagonized. ..
- Grgić T, Grgić D, Drmic D, Sever A, Petrovic I, Sucic M, et al. Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 heals rat colovesical fistula. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;780:1-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, BPC 157 effects appear to be suited to inducing full healing of colocutaneous fistulas in rats. ..
- Barić M, Sever A, Vuletic L, Rasić Z, Sever M, Drmic D, et al. Stable gastric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 heals rectovaginal fistula in rats. Life Sci. 2016;148:63-70 pubmed publisher..Microscopic improvement was along with macroscopic findings. BPC 157 effects appear to be suited to induce a full healing of rectovaginal fistulas in rats. ..
- Kokot A, Zlatar M, Stupnisek M, Drmic D, Radić R, Vcev A, et al. NO system dependence of atropine-induced mydriasis and L-NAME- and L-arginine-induced miosis: Reversal by the pentadecapeptide BPC 157 in rats and guinea pigs. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;771:211-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, along with its l-NAME/L-arginine effects, BPC 157 participates in ocular control, potentially via NO-mediated and cholinergic mechanisms. ..
- Vitaic S, Stupnisek M, Drmic D, Bauk L, Kokot A, Klicek R, et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs-induced failure of lower esophageal and pyloric sphincter and counteraction of sphincters failure with stable gatric pentadecapeptide BPC 157 in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2017;68:265-272 pubmed..All tested NSAIDs decrease pressure in both sphincters, whilst BPC 157 counteracts their effects and restored both sphincters function. ..
- Strinic D, Belosić Halle Z, Luetic K, Nedic A, Petrovic I, Sucic M, et al. BPC 157 counteracts QTc prolongation induced by haloperidol, fluphenazine, clozapine, olanzapine, quetiapine, sulpiride, and metoclopramide in rats. Life Sci. 2017;186:66-79 pubmed publisher..Thus, BPC 157 rapidly and permanently counteracts the QTc prolongation induced by neuroleptics and prokinetics. Pentadecapeptide BPC 157 is suited for counteracting a prolonged QT interval. ..