Affiliation: University of Split
- [Some hints about the reviewers' ethical dilemmas]Zvonko Rumboldt
Split University School of Medicine, Split, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 62:443-6. 2008....
- Early cardiac rupture following streptokinase in patients with acute myocardial infarction: retrospective cohort studyS Polic
Department of Internal Medicine, Split University Hospital, Spinciceva 1, 21000 Split, Croatia
Croat Med J 41:303-5. 2000..To assess the incidence and timing of cardiac rupture following streptokinase (SK) administration in acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Smoking cessation with nicotine replacement therapy among health care workers: randomized double-blind studyDuska Glavas
Department of Internal Medicine, Split University Hospital and School of Medicine, Spinciceva 1, 21000 Split, Croatia
Croat Med J 44:219-24. 2003..To assess the smoking prevalence and efficacy of nicotine replacement therapy on the quitting rate after 3 weeks of therapy and after 1- and 5-year follow-up among health care workers with a smoking habit in Split, Croatia...
- Medical school in Split: intentions and achievementsZ Rumboldt
Split University Hospital, Department of Medicine, Spinciceva 1, 21000 Split, Croatia
Croat Med J 41:361-7. 2000..0 and the teaching goals are defined better than in older medical schools in the region. The first results are already tangible...
- Prospective controlled trial of two nifedipine extended release formulations in the treatment of essential hypertensionNediljko Pivac
University Hospital Split, Department of Medicine, Split, Croatia
Arzneimittelforschung 52:379-84. 2002..0 mm Hg); p = 0.358. The adverse effects were similar in both groups and they required neither particular interventions nor withdrawal from the study. The drugs under study were comparably effective and well tolerated antihypertensives...
- Effects of four antihypertensive monotherapies on cardiac mass and function in hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy: randomized prospective studyDrago Rakić
Department of Internal Medicine, Split University Hospital and School of Medicine, Split, Croatia
Croat Med J 43:672-9. 2002..To compare the effects of four antihypertensive drugs, which have reportedly different effectiveness in reducing myocardial mass...
- Comparison of ondansetron with metoclopramide in the symptomatic relief of uremia-induced nausea and vomitingDragan Ljutic
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Hospital, Split, Croatia
Kidney Blood Press Res 25:61-4. 2002..Although the administration of antiemetic drugs (metoclopramide and, recently, ondansetron) is usually mentioned, there are scanty data on their effects...
- In-hospital cardiac arrest and resuscitation outcomes: rationale for sudden cardiac death approachDrago Rakić
Department of Internal Medicine, Split University Hospital, Vjekoslava Spincica 1, 21000 Split, Croatia
Croat Med J 46:907-12. 2005..To assess the frequency of cardiac arrest and outcomes and predictors of survival after cardiopulmonary resuscitation in hospitalized patients...
- [Smoking cessation using the transdermal nicotine system]Duska Glavas
Interna klinika, KB Split, 21 000 Split
Lijec Vjesn 125:8-12. 2003..5% and 20%, respectively (p < 0.05). Short TNS treatment (3 weeks) is at least as effective as a longer one (6 weeks), which is relevant both medically and economically...
- [Coronary heart disease risk factors in Croatia and worldwide: results of the Interheart study]Vedran Carević
Klinika za unutarnje bolesti, Klinicka bolnica Split, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 61:299-306. 2007..Approximately 80%-90% of patients with symptomatic CHD and more than 95% of patients who died from CHD had at least one of the four traditional risk factors (smoking, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and diabetes)...
- Prevalence of hypertension in school childrenMirjana Rumboldt
J Hypertens 26:610-1; author reply 611-2. 2008
- [Revascularization for coronary heart disease in Croatia]Zvonko Rumboldt
Lijec Vjesn 130:41-2; author reply 42. 2008