Affiliation: University of Zagreb
- Inbreeding, microsatellite heterozygosity, and morphological traits in Lipizzan horsesI Curik
Animal Science Department, Faculty of Agriculture University of Zagreb, Croatia
J Hered 94:125-32. 2003..0213). Thus, no overall large effects of inbreeding, microsatellite heterozygosity, and mean d(2) on morphological traits were observed in the Lipizzan horse...
- Copy number expansion of the STX17 duplication in melanoma tissue from Grey horsesElisabeth Sundström
Department of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
BMC Genomics 13:365. 2012..The aims of this study were to investigate if the duplication in Grey horses shows copy number variation and to exclude that any other polymorphism is uniquely associated with the Grey mutation...
- Complex inheritance of melanoma and pigmentation of coat and skin in Grey horsesIno Curik
Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
PLoS Genet 9:e1003248. 2013..Furthermore, we demonstrated that the STX17 mutation explains to a large extent the moderate to high genetic correlations among traits, providing an example of strong pleiotropic effects caused by a single gene...
- Modeling variance structure of body shape traits of Lipizzan horsesM Kaps
University of Zagreb, Faculty of Agriculture, Animal Science Department, Svetosimunska 25, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
J Anim Sci 88:2868-82. 2010..The choice of models depends not only on overall fit but also on the fit of genetic and environmental components...
- Individual-based assessment of population structure and admixture in Austrian, Croatian and German draught horsesT Druml
BOKU University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Heredity 98:114-22. 2007..A small but notable separation of R from A, M and ST populations was detected, while Sch and BF populations remained as out-groups. The information obtained should aid in making efficient conservation decisions...
- Influence of environmental and genetic factors on allergen-specific immunoglobulin-E levels in sera from Lipizzan horsesC Eder
Division of Immunogenetics, Institute of Animal Breeding, Berne, Switzerland
Equine Vet J 33:714-20. 2001....
- Equine melanoma in a population of 296 grey Lipizzaner horsesM H Seltenhammer
Department of Clinical Surgery and Ophthalmology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria
Equine Vet J 35:153-7. 2003..Equine melanomas occur most commonly in grey horses at age 5 years or more. Generally, benign and malignant melanomas are distinguished by microscopy, but a more distinct classification would be helpful...
- Microsatellite diversity, population subdivision and gene flow in the Lipizzan horseR Achmann
Ludwig Boltzmann Institut für immuno, zyto and molekulargenetische Forschung, Veterinarplatz 1, A 1210 Wien, Austria
Anim Genet 35:285-92. 2004..The results of the present study will be useful for the development of breeding strategies, which consider classical horse breeding as well as recent achievements of population and conservation genetics...
- Quantitative genetic aspects of coat color in horsesZ Toth
University of Debrecen, Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Animal Breeding and Nutrition, Debrecen, Hungary 4032
J Anim Sci 84:2623-8. 2006..01). The spectrometric measures and the results of this study demonstrate a possible approach to the estimation of the polygenic component involved in coat color inheritance...