Affiliation: University of Zagreb
- Burnout syndrome--assessment of a stressful job among intensive care staffMirjana Cubrilo-Turek
Division of Emergency and Intensive Care Medicine, General Hospital Sveti Duh, School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 30:131-5. 2006....
- [Natriuretic peptides in clinical practice]Roman Urek
University Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Sveti Duh General Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 62:53-6. 2008..The favorable biological properties of NP have also led to their use as therapeutic agents. Recombinant human ANP (carperitide) and BNP (nesiritide) are useful in the management od acutely decompensated heart failure...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism, lipids, and apolipoproteins in menopausal women on hormone replacement therapyM Cubrilo-Turek
Department of Medicine, Sveti Duh General Hospital, Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnosis, Sveti Duh 64, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Med Croatica 55:161-7. 2001..In the present study, assessment of the genetic, metabolic and environmental markers pointed to an intermediate risk of CHD in menopausal women on HRT, although the mechanism underlying the disease is not clear and well understood yet...
- [New biochemical markers in the assessment of minor myocardial damage in critically ill patients]Mirjana Cubrilo-Turek
Klinika za internu medicinu, Opća bollnica Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 58:381-8. 2004..Today, newer biochemical markers are used in assessing these conditions, as well as minor myocardial damage (MMD)...
- Gene polymorphisms of the renin-angiotensin system and early development of hypertensionMaja Barbalic
Institute for Anthropological Research, Zagreb, Croatia
Am J Hypertens 19:837-42. 2006....
- [Obesity--a global public health problem]Roman Urek
Zavod za kardiovaskularne bolesti, Klinika za unutarnje bolesti, Medicinski fakultet, Sveuciliste u Zagrebu, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 61:161-4. 2007....
- Metabolic syndrome in an island population of the eastern Adriatic coast of CroatiaRanjan Deka
Department of Environmental Health, Center for Genome Information, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Coll Antropol 32:85-91. 2008..It is likely that factors other than nutritional practices, that might include genetic susceptibility, could potentially be important in predisposition to metabolic syndrome...