- Cytoprotective effects of β-melanocortin in the rat gastrointestinal tractMirna Bradamante
Department of Dermatology and Venerology, University Hospital Center Zagreb, Salata 4, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Molecules 17:11680-92. 2012..250 mg/kg. The results justify further research on β-MSH peptide and its derivates in the inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases, and point out the possibility of using β-MSH in studies of digestive system pharmacology...
- Molecular Recognition Theory of the complementary (antisense) peptide interactionsNikola Stambuk
Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, HR 10002, Zagreb, Croatia
Theory Biosci 123:265-75. 2005..Molecular Recognition Theory could be useful method to simplify experimental procedures, reduce the costs of the peptide synthesis, and improve peptide structure modelling...
- The role of independent test set in modeling of protein folding kineticsNikola Stambuk
NMR Center, Ruđer Bošković Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, HR 10002, Zagreb, Croatia
Adv Exp Med Biol 696:279-84. 2011..Our results show that when the standardized PFD dataset is used to test a protein fold rate prediction method, the estimation of validity may differ significantly...
- The influence of alpha-, beta-, and gamma-melanocyte stimulating hormone on acetaminophen induced liver lesions in male CBA miceVladimir Blagaic
University Hospital Sveti Duh, Sveti Duh 64, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Molecules 15:1232-41. 2010..It was found that alpha-, beta-, and gamma-MSH decrease intensity of lesions by both criteria in a dose-dependent manner...
- Interaction of α-melanocortin and its pentapeptide antisense LVKAT: effects on hepatoprotection in male CBA miceKarlo Houra
St Catherine s Hospital, Zabok, Croatia
Molecules 16:7331-43. 2011..Third, we showed that antisense peptide LVKAT abolished potent hepatoprotective effects of a-MSH in vivo...
- Effects of alpha-melanocortin enantiomers on acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity in CBA micePetra Turcić
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, University of Zagreb, Domagojeva 2, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Molecules 14:5017-26. 2009..Furthermore, the antibody to the L-peptide did not recognize the D-structure. The results indicate that the opposite peptide configuration may be used to modulate its function and metabolism in vivo and in vitro...
- Effects of alpha-MSH on corneal epithelial lesions in ratsJosip Pavan
University of Zagreb, Dubrava University Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 36:1407-11. 2012..Significant reduction of ocular irritation was also observed. Topical alpha-MSH medication could promote the healing of corneal wounds and reduce local inflammatory response without the major side effects of the corticosteroid therapy...
- Met-enkephalin effects on histamine-induced bronchoconstriction in guinea pigsDorian Tjesic-Drinkovic
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Center Zagreb, School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 29:689-92. 2005..Estimated ED50 dose was 0.235 mg/kg. Further studies are needed to define practical and therapeutical use of the presented observations in respiratory pharmacology...
- Effectiveness of latanoprost (Xalatan) monotherapy in newly discovered and previously medicamentously treated primary open angle glaucoma patientsJosip Pavan
Department of Ophthalmology, Clinical Hospital Dubrava, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 29:315-9. 2005..1 mmHg, with 95% confidence interval in range from -5.6 to -4.5), it is concluded that use of latanoprost is advisable when calculating better IOP control, few side-effects and reductions in costs of potential surgical procedures...
- Analysis of calcium, oxalate, and citrate interaction in idiopathic calcium urolithiasis in childrenDanko Milosevic
Children s University Hospital Salata, Medical Faculty University of Zagreb, Salata 4, 10 000, Zagreb, Croatia
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 43:1844-7. 2003..Decreased urinary citrate excretion in the presence of increased oxalate excretion may lead to stone formation...