- Signal hyperintensities on brain magnetic resonance imaging in patients with primary Sjögren syndrome and frequent episodic tension-type headache: relation to platelet serotonin level and disease activityHelena Sarac
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Zagreb, Croatia
J Rheumatol 40:1360-6. 2013....
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy and measurement of tau epitopes of autopsy proven sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in a patient with non-specific initial EEG, MRI and negative 14-3-3 immunoblotHelena Sarac
Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb and Diagnostic Center Neuron, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:199-204. 2008..The current case is the first attempt to study results of the use of MRS and tau tests in a case of sCJD with diagnostic dilemma...
- Magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance spectroscopy in a patient with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and frontotemporal dementiaHelena Sarac
Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb and Diagnostic Center Neuron, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:205-10. 2008..These findings differ from the previous findings in ALS or FTD alone. In conclusion, these findings support the concept that ALS, FTD and ALS-FTD may represent different manifestations of a single pathological continuum...
- Fragile X-premutation tremor/ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) in a young woman: clinical, genetics, MRI and 1H-MR spectroscopy correlatesHelena Sarac
University of Zagreb, School of Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Centre, Department of Neurology and Croatian Institute for Brain Research, Neuron Diagnostic Centre, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 35:327-32. 2011..Genetic testing confirmed heterozygous FMR 1 gene premutation of 100 CGG repeats in the abnormal allele and 29 CGG repeats in the normal allele. We concluded that FXTAS may be an under-recognized disorder, particularly in women...
- Symptomatic capillary telangiectasia of the pons and intracerebral developmental venous anomaly - A rare associationHelena Sarac
University of Zagreb, School of Medicine, Zagreb University of Hospital Centre, Department of Neurology and Croatian Institute for Brain Research, Neuron Diagnostic Centre, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 35:333-8. 2011..Coexistence of these malformations in the brain apparted from each other appear to be very rare and raise attention on possible interactions in their natural history and pathogenesis...
- Coexistence of intradural spinal arteriovenous malformation and associated developmental anomalies - report of two casesSrdana Telarović
University of Zagreb, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Department of Neurology, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 35:319-25. 2011..For the definitive diagnosis of spinal arteriovenous malformations and evaluation of its occlusion grade after the therapy spinal angiography is needed..
- Platelet serotonin in primary Sjögren's syndrome: level and relation with disease activityHelena Sarac
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Centre Zagreb and Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
J Neuroimmunol 251:87-9. 2012..Results suggest involvement of the serotonin system in the pathogenesis of pSS...
- Tremor, seizures and psychosis as presenting symptoms in a patient with chronic lyme neuroborreliosis (LNB)Jasenka Markeljević
University of Zagreb, School of Medicine, Zagreb University Hospital Centre, Department of Internal Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 35:313-8. 2011..In patients with non-specific long lasting symptoms in the absence of overt clinical signs suggesting CNS involvement, routine treatment with i.v. ceftriaxone is not to be encouraged...