Genomes and Genes
- Shadoo, a new protein highly conserved from fish to mammals and with similarity to prion proteinMarko Premzl
Computational Proteomics and Therapy Design Group, Division of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, PO Box 334, ACT 2601, Canberra, Australia
Gene 314:89-102. 2003..This result together with some common structural features led to the suggestive hypothesis of a possible functional link between mammalian PrP and Sho proteins...
- Comparative genomic analysis of prion genesMarko Premzl
Department of Molecular Biology, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
BMC Genomics 8:1. 2007....
- Positive selection in prion proteinMarko Premzl
Department of Molecular Biology, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka 54, 10000, Zagreb, Croatia
J Mol Evol 68:205-7. 2009....
- Comparative genomic analysis of eutherian interferon-γ-inducible GTPasesMarko Premzl
Laboratory of Genomics, Centre of Animal Reproduction, Zagreb, Croatia
Funct Integr Genomics 12:599-607. 2012..This mini-review has also provided new tests of reliability of public genomic sequences as well as tests of protein molecular evolution...
- The complete set of ribosomal proteins from the marine sponge Suberites domunculaDrago Perina
Department of Molecular Biology, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, Box 170, 10002 Zagreb, Croatia
Gene 366:275-84. 2006..Furthermore, r-proteins from the plant A. thaliana are significantly closer to metazoan r-proteins than are those from the yeast S. cerevisiae...
- Evolution of vertebrate genes related to prion and Shadoo proteins--clues from comparative genomic analysisMarko Premzl
Computational Proteomics Group, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Mol Biol Evol 21:2210-31. 2004..This provides a new framework for exploring the evolution of this unusual family of proteins and for searching for members in other fish branches and intermediate vertebrate groups...
- The prion protein gene: identifying regulatory signals using marsupial sequenceMarko Premzl
Comparative Genomics Group, Research School of Biological Sciences, Australian National University, P O Box 475, Canberra, ACT 2601, Australia
Gene 349:121-34. 2005..The presence of a conserved NFAT-binding site and CPE indicates involvement of PrP(C) in signal transduction and synaptic plasticity...