Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Institute for Medical Research and Occupational Health
- Madunić I, Breljak D, Karaica D, Koepsell H, Sabolic I. Expression profiling and immunolocalization of Na+-D-glucose-cotransporter 1 in mice employing knockout mice as specificity control indicate novel locations and differences between mice and rats. Pflugers Arch. 2017;469:1545-1565 pubmed publisher..g., in eyes, tongue epithelial cells, pancreatic ducts, prostate, and periurethral glands were detected. Using end-point and quantitative RT-PCR in various organs, different Sglt1 expression in mice and rats was confirmed. ..
- Sabolic I, Herak Kramberger C, Brown D. Subchronic cadmium treatment affects the abundance and arrangement of cytoskeletal proteins in rat renal proximal tubule cells. Toxicology. 2001;165:205-16 pubmed
- Sabolic I, Breljak D, Skarica M, Herak Kramberger C. Role of metallothionein in cadmium traffic and toxicity in kidneys and other mammalian organs. Biometals. 2010;23:897-926 pubmed publisher..Liberated Cd can immediately affect the cell structures and functions. The resulting proteinuria and CdMT in the urine can be used as biomarkers of tubular injury. ..
- Breljak D, Ljubojevic M, Balen D, Zlender V, Brzica H, Micek V, et al. Renal expression of organic anion transporter Oat5 in rats and mice exhibits the female-dominant sex differences. Histol Histopathol. 2010;25:1385-402 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the renal expression of Oat5 in rats (and mice) exhibits zonal (CO<OS) and sex differences (M<F), which appear after puberty, largely due to androgen-driven downregulation of its mRNA and protein expression. ..
- LjubojeviÄ‡ M, Breljak D, Herak Kramberger C, Anzai N, SaboliÄ‡ I. Expression of basolateral organic anion and cation transporters in experimental cadmium nephrotoxicity in rat kidney. Arch Toxicol. 2016;90:525-41 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the diminished renal secretion of OA and OC via PT in Cd nephrotoxicity may result from (a) limited loss of secretory surface (basolateral invaginations), (b) selective loss of Oats and Octs, and ..