- Patient classification systems and hospital costs of care for knee replacement in 10 European countries
Epidemiology and Evaluation Department, IMIM Hospital del Mar Research Institute, Barcelona, Spain
Health Econ 21:116-28. 2012
..Findings suggest that DRG systems could be enhanced either by the inclusion of patient-level variables, by the use of measures of clinical outcome or by improving cost and administrative information...
- Cost-effectiveness of early detection of breast cancer in Catalonia (Spain)
Basic Medical Sciences Department, Biomedical Research Institut of Lleida IRBLLEIDA University of Lleida, Catalonia, Spain
BMC Cancer 11:192. 2011
..We performed an economic evaluation of 20 screening strategies taking into account the cost over time of screening and subsequent medical costs, including diagnostic confirmation, initial treatment, follow-up and advanced care...
- Unmet needs and waiting list prioritization for knee arthroplasty
Evaluation and Clinical Epidemiology Department, Hospital del Mar IMIM, Passeig Maritim, 25 29, Barcelona 08003, Spain
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:789-97. 2010
..Given the long waiting times to have a knee arthroplasty, some governments have proposed prioritization systems for patients on waiting lists based on their level of need...
- Hospital emergency department utilisation rates among the immigrant population in Barcelona, Spain
Health Services Evaluation and Clinical Epidemiology Department, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 8:51. 2008
..However, utilisation rates in our environment have not yet been studied. We aimed to compare emergency department utilisation rates between Spanish-born and foreign-born residents in a public hospital of Barcelona...
- Discrete-event simulation applied to analysis of waiting lists. Evaluation of a prioritization system for cataract surgery
Evaluation and Clinical Epidemiology Department, Hospital del Mar IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Value Health 11:1203-13. 2008
- Hospital costs of nosocomial multi-drug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa acquisition
Health Services Evaluation and Clinical Epidemiology Department, Hospital del Mar IMIM, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 12:122. 2012
..We aimed to assess the hospital economic costs of nosocomial multi-drug resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa acquisition...
- Descriptive analysis of childbirth healthcare costs in an area with high levels of immigration in Spain
Epidemiology and Evaluation Department, IMIM Hospital del Mar, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 11:77. 2011
..Costs were assessed by taking into account maternal origin and delivery type...
- [Evaluation of the impact of the introduction of a functional knee arthroplasty unit]
Servei d Avaluació i Epidemiologia Clínica, Institut Municipal d Assistència Sanitària IMAS, Barcelona, Spain
Gac Sanit 23:444-7. 2009
..To evaluate the impact of a functional knee arthroplasty unit in Hospital de l'Esperança (Barcelona) on resource consumption, quality indicators and the direct costs of the healthcare process...
- Impact of immigration on the cost of emergency visits in Barcelona (Spain)
Health Services Evaluation and Clinical Epidemiology, Department, Institut Municipal d Assistència Sanitària, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 7:9. 2007
..We aimed to quantify the relative over-utilisation of emergency services in the immigrant population...
- Time-trend and variations in the proportion of second-eye cataract surgery
Evaluation and Clinical Epidemiology Department, Institut Municipal d Assistència Sanitària, Barcelona, Spain
BMC Health Serv Res 7:53. 2007
..The objective of our study was to estimate the proportion of second-eye cataract surgery, evaluate its time-trend, and explore differences in utilisation by patients' gender, age, and region of residence...
- Relationship between hospital structural level and length of stay outliers. Implications for hospital payment systems
Health Services Research Unit, Municipal Institute of Health, IMAS, Hospital del Mar, Passeig Marítim 25 29 E 08003, Barcelona, Spain
Health Policy 68:159-68. 2004
..However, the relationship between hospital structural level and the presence of cases of extreme resource use (outliers) is not known. Some prospective payment systems pay these cases separately...