- [The Framingham function overestimates stroke risk for diabetes and metabolic syndrome among Spanish population]
Grupo de Investigación en Diabetes y Metabolismo Atención Primaria Reus Altebrat Ambito de Tarragona Terres de l Ebre Institut Català de la Salut Tarragona España
Aten Primaria 35:392-8. 2005
..To estimate stroke risk for diabetes, isolated or associated to metabolic syndrome (MS) according WHO and National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) criteria...
- [Continuous glucose monitoring in high-risk subjects for developing type 2 diabetes]
Unidad de Investigación en Diabetes y Metabolismo, Atención Primaria Reus Tarragona, Institut Catala de la Salut, Tarragona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 127:50-2. 2006
..To assess the relevance of unrecognised hyperglycaemia among high-risk subjects for developing type 2 diabetes...
- Relevance of casual undetected hyperglycemia among high-risk individuals for developing diabetes
Diabetes and Metabolism Research Unit, Catalan Health Institute, Primary Care Division, Reus, Tarragona, Spain
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 78:289-92. 2007
..Nevertheless, the longest duration corresponded to the non-fasting period. The CGM evidenced a relevant degree of casual undetected hyperglycaemia among high-risk individuals...
- [Primary prevention of type 2 diabetes using lifestyle intervention on high risk subjects in Catalonia, Spain]
Grupo de Investigación en Diabetes y Metabolismo, Atención Primaria, Institut Catala de la Salut, Reus, Tarragona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 128:699-704. 2007
- [The effectiveness in type 2 diabetes prevention: a forced landing to reality]
Med Clin (Barc) 130:295-7. 2008
- Shifting from glucose diagnosis to the new HbA1c diagnosis reduces the capability of the Finnish Diabetes Risk Score (FINDRISC) to screen for glucose abnormalities within a real-life primary healthcare preventive strategy
Jordi Gol Primary Care Research Institute, Reus Tarragona Diabetes Research Group, Catalan Health Institute, Primary Health Care Division, Camí de Riudoms 53 55, 43202, Reus, Spain
BMC Med 11:45. 2013
- Delaying progression to type 2 diabetes among high-risk Spanish individuals is feasible in real-life primary healthcare settings using intensive lifestyle intervention
Jordi Gol Primary Care Research Institute, Diabetes and Metabolism, Catalan Health Institute, Reus, Tarragona Barcelona, Spain
Diabetologia 55:1319-28. 2012
..To assess the feasibility and effectiveness of an active real-life primary care lifestyle intervention in preventing type 2 diabetes within a high-risk Mediterranean population...
- Rationale and design of the PREDICE project: cost-effectiveness of type 2 diabetes prevention among high-risk Spanish individuals following lifestyle intervention in real-life primary care setting
Jordi Gol Primary Care Research Institute, Catalan Health Institute, Primary Health Care Division, Reus Barcelona, Spain
BMC Public Health 11:623. 2011
..The aim of this project was to assess the effectiveness of an active real-life primary care strategy in high-risk individuals for developing diabetes, and then evaluate its efficiency...
- Shifting from glucose diagnostic criteria to the new HbA(1c) criteria would have a profound impact on prevalence of diabetes among a high-risk Spanish population
Jordi Gol Primary Care Research Institute, Catalan Health Institute, Primary Health Care Division, Reus and Barcelona, Spain
Diabet Med 28:1234-7. 2011
- [Significant incidence of type 2 diabetes on high-risk Spanish population. The IGT Study (2)]
Institut Catala de la Salut, Dirección de Atención Primaria Reus Tarragona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 118:287-93. 2002
..Our purpose was to estimate the incidence of type 2 diabetes among a high risk population with or without impaired glucose tolerance (IGT), analysing the progression to diabetes...
- A risk score to predict type 2 diabetes mellitus in an elderly Spanish Mediterranean population at high cardiovascular risk
Human Nutrition Unit, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, IISPV, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Reus, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e33437. 2012
..To develop and test a diabetes risk score to predict incident diabetes in an elderly Spanish Mediterranean population at high cardiovascular risk...
- [The RECORD project. continuous blood glucose monitoring among high risk subjects for developing diabetes in Spanish primary health care]
Grupo de investigación ITG, SAP Reus Altebrat, Red de investigación en Diabetes, Fundación Jordi Gol i Gurina, Institut Catala de la Salut, Reus, Espana
Aten Primaria 35:99-104. 2005
..To evaluate the accuracy of continuous blood glucose monitoring (CBGM) in order to asses diagnostic procedures and predict glycaemic status in type 2 prediabetes...
- [Undiagnosed diabetes and impaired glucose metabolism on high risk Spanish population. The IGT study]
Institut Catala de la Salut, Unidad de Diabetes, Hospital Móra d Ebre, Tarragona
Med Clin (Barc) 114:601-8. 2000
- [The selective detection of glucose intolerance and diabetes in primary care. The ITG-Reus (Tarragona) Study. The Glucose Intolerance Research Group]
Area Básica de Salud Reus 2, Institut Catala de la Salut, Tarragona
Aten Primaria 22:71-8. 1998
..To investigate the number of people with intolerance to glucose (ITG) and undiagnosed diabetes (DM) among primary care users at risk...
- Acarbose in ambulatory treatment of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus associated to imminent sulfonylurea failure: a randomised-multicentric trial in primary health-care. Diabetes and Acarbose Research Group
Grup per a l Estudi de la Diabetis, Catalan Institute of Health Primary Health Care Division, Reus Altebrat, Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 38:33-40. 1997
..6%) and one with placebo (3.8%), withdrew the study because of the adverse events. Thus, acarbose seems to be a useful option in order to improve HbAlc levels in non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus with imminent sulfonylurea failure...
- [Type 2 diabetes prevention: education, or medication too?]
Med Clin (Barc) 119:613-5. 2002
- Metabolic syndrome as a cardiovascular disease risk factor: patients evaluated in primary care
Joan Josep Cabré
ABS Reus 1, Camí de Riudoms, 53 55, 43202 Reus, Spain
BMC Public Health 8:251. 2008
..90) and 2.26 (95%CI: 1.48-3.47), respectively. We conclude that MS and concomitant CVD risk is high in ostensibly normal population attending primary care clinics, and this would necessarily impinge on resource allocation in primary care...