- Retrospective evaluation of complete-arch fixed partial dentures connecting teeth and implant abutments in patients with normal and reduced periodontal support
Section of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, Eastman Dental Hospital, University of Rochester Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY, USA
J Prosthet Dent 94:313-20. 2005
..The clinical outcome of complete-arch fixed prostheses supported by implants and natural tooth abutments in patients with normal or reduced periodontal support has been reported by few studies, with controversial results...
- Restoration of immediately placed implants in 3 appointments: from surgical placement to definitive prostheses
University of Rochester, Eastman Dental Center, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
J Prosthet Dent 96:212-8. 2006
..This technique reduces chair time for both the patient and the clinician, and could ultimately reduce the cost of implant treatment and potentially increase treatment acceptance...
- A comparison of the porcelain fracture resistance of screw-retained and cement-retained implant-supported metal-ceramic crowns
Division of Prosthodontics, University of Rochester Eastman Dental Center, NY 14620, USA
J Prosthet Dent 91:532-7. 2004
..The presence of a screw opening on the occlusal surface of implant-supported metal-ceramic crowns may decrease the porcelain fracture resistance and shorten the longevity of the crown...
- Bilateral simultaneous augmentation of the maxillary sinus floor with particulated mandible. Report of a technique and preliminary results
Section of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, Eastman Dental Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:201-6. 2003
..It is a safe and effective procedure that can be accomplished in an out-patient environment with only minor discomfort for the patient...
- Clinical results of alveolar ridge augmentation with mandibular block bone grafts in partially edentulous patients prior to implant placement
I Department of Stomatology, G Eastman Dental Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 13:103-11. 2002
..From a clinical point of view this procedure appears to be simple, safe and effective for treating localised alveolar ridge defects in partially edentulous patients...
- Retrospective evaluation of mandibular incisor replacement with narrow neck implants
Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, Eastman Dental Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 17:730-5. 2006
..Worse results are achieved if two adjacent mandibular incisors are replaced with adjacent implants...
- Transition from failing dentition to a fixed implant-supported restoration: a staged approach
Department of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, Eastman Dental Hospital, Rome, Italy
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 27:481-7. 2007
..The main drawbacks are extended treatment time, adjustments of the provisional restorations, and no less than two surgical steps...