Genomes and Genes
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
- Analysis of genes, transcripts, and proteins via DNA ligationTim Conze
Department of Genetics and Pathology, The Rudbeck Lab, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Annu Rev Anal Chem (Palo Alto Calif) 2:215-39. 2009....
- Single molecule analysis of combinatorial splicingTim Conze
Department of Genetics and Pathology, The Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, SE 75185, Sweden
Nucleic Acids Res 38:e163. 2010..The method permits many genes to be analyzed in parallel and it will be valuable for elucidating the complex effects of combinatorial splicing...
- Proximity ligation assays: a recent addition to the proteomics toolboxIrene Weibrecht
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Expert Rev Proteomics 7:401-9. 2010..Lastly, we apply the approach of recombining subcomponents to develop a few novel hypothetical methods hoping this might stimulate the readers to utilize this approach themselves...
- MUC2 mucin is a major carrier of the cancer-associated sialyl-Tn antigen in intestinal metaplasia and gastric carcinomasTim Conze
Department of Genetics and Pathology, University of Uppsala, Uppsala, Sweden
Glycobiology 20:199-206. 2010..Identification of the mucin which is the carrier of a carbohydrate structure offers unique advantages for future development of more accurate diagnostic and prognostic markers...
- A protein interaction node at the neurotransmitter release site: domains of Aczonin/Piccolo, Bassoon, CAST, and rim converge on the N-terminal domain of Munc13-1Xiaolu Wang
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Neurosci 29:12584-96. 2009....
- Simultaneous genotyping of all hemagglutinin and neuraminidase subtypes of avian influenza viruses by use of padlock probesPeter Gyarmati
Joint Research and Development Division, Department of Virology, National Veterinary Institute and Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Ulls Väg 2B, SE 751 89 Uppsala, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 46:1747-51. 2008..Testing of heterologous pathogens verified the specificity of the assay. This assay is a convenient and practical tool for the study of AIVs, providing important HA and NA data more rapidly than conventional methods...
- CDCP1 identifies a broad spectrum of normal and malignant stem/progenitor cell subsets of hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic originHans Jorg Buhring
University of Tubingen, Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology, Immunology, Oncology and Rheumatology, Tubingen, Germany
Stem Cells 22:334-43. 2004..In conclusion, CDCP1 is not only a novel marker for immature hematopoietic progenitor cell subsets but also unique in its property to recognize cells with phenotypes reminiscent of MSC and NPC...
- CDCP1 is a novel marker for hematopoietic stem cellsTim Conze
Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Hematology, Immunology, and Oncology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 996:222-6. 2003..Transplantation of purified CDCP1(+) cells into NOD/SCID mice resulted in engraftment of human cells with multi-lineage differentiation potential, suggesting that CDCP1 is a novel marker for hematopoietic stem cells...
- Multiple recognition assay reveals prostasomes as promising plasma biomarkers for prostate cancerGholamreza Tavoosidana
Department of Immunology, Genetics and Pathology, Science for Life Laboratory, Uppsala University, SE 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:8809-14. 2011..This approach that enables detection of prostasomes in peripheral blood may be useful for early diagnosis and assessment of prognosis in organ-confined prostate cancer...