- A report on eight early-stage state and regional projects testing value-based payment
Center for Health Management Research, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 32:998-1006. 2013
..We also share some early lessons and identify prerequisites for success, such as ensuring that providers have broad and timely access to data so they can meet patients' needs in cost-effective ways...
- Innovation in patient-centered care: lessons from a qualitative study of innovative health care organizations in Washington State
Pediatric Resident, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
BMC Fam Pract 13:120. 2012
..We sought to understand the process of patient-centered care innovation undertaken by innovative health care organizations - from strategic planning to goal selection to implementation to maintenance...
- Group health cooperative's transformation toward patient-centered access
James D Ralston
Center for Health Studies, Seattle, Washington, USA
Med Care Res Rev 66:703-24. 2009
- Lessons to apply to national comprehensive healthcare reform
Douglas A Conrad
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific St, Box 357660, Room H660C Magnuson Health Sciences Ctr, Seattle, WA 98195 7660, USA
Am J Manag Care 15:S306-21. 2009
..If widely implemented, value-based reforms might achieve long-term improvements in public health. Congress will soon decide whether changing the entire system would be the most value-based reform of all...
- Medicaid reforms in Oregon and suboptimal utilization of dental care by women of childbearing age
Northwest Center to Reduce Oral Health Disparities, Department of Dental Public Health Sciences, University of Washington, Box 357475, 1959 Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195 7475, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:688-95. 2010
..They also compared differences in claims between those for women enrolled in managed care and those for women enrolled in fee-for-service plans...
- Patient-centered innovation in health care organizations: a conceptual framework and case study application
Susan E Hernandez
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 38:166-75. 2013
..The statutory, economic, and political environment in Washington State offers a special contextual laboratory for observing the interplay of these factors...
- Evaluation of the group health cooperative access initiative: study design challenges in estimating the impact of a large-scale organizational transformation
Group Health Cooperative, Center for Health Studies, Washington, Seattle, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 17:292-303. 2008
..The methods may be generalizable to evaluating similar reforms in other integrated delivery systems with representative patient and physician data sources...
- Estimating determinants of dentist productivity: new evidence
Douglas A Conrad
Center for Health Management Research, University of Washington, Box 357660, Room H660C, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Health Sciences Center, Seattle, WA 98195 7660, USA
J Public Health Dent 70:262-8. 2010
..Productivity (output per unit of input) is a major driver of dental service capacity. This study uses 2006-2007 data to update available knowledge on dentist productivity...