- The economics of mesalazine in active ulcerative colitis and maintenance in the Netherlands
M P Connolly
Unit of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 70:272-7. 2012
- The impact of rotavirus vaccination on discounted net tax revenue in egypt: a government perspective analysis
Mark P Connolly
Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pharmacoeconomics 30:681-95. 2012
..The assumption was that increased childhood survival in vaccinated cohorts leads to increased numbers of children consuming government resource, and an increased number of future tax payers...
- Atosiban versus betamimetics in the treatment of preterm labour in Germany: an economic evaluation
PharmArchitecture Limited, Quatro House, Surrey, UK
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 9:23. 2009
..We aimed to compare economic implications of tocolysis using atosiban and betamimetics, considering treatment efficacy and safety, as well as cost consequences of treatment of associated adverse events...
- Cross-border reproductive care: market forces in action or market failure? An economic perspective
Global Market Access Solutions, St Prex, Switzerland
Reprod Biomed Online 23:817-9. 2011
..To counter funding challenges, there is a need to communicate the medical benefits of assisted reproduction and the economic benefits that these children will offer in an era of austerity and ageing populations...
- Kiovig for primary immunodeficiency: reduced infusion and decreased costs per infusion
Global Market Access Solutions, Switzerland
Int Immunopharmacol 11:1358-61. 2011
..Reduced costs per infusion were attributed to lower costs associated with treating adverse events and the opportunity cost of nursing time and time off work for working adults...
- Economics of assisted reproduction: access to fertility treatments and valuing live births in economic terms
Mark P Connolly
Department of Pharmacy, Unit of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hum Fertil (Camb) 13:13-8. 2010
- Quality of life improvements attributed to combination therapy with oral and topical mesalazine in mild-to-moderately active ulcerative colitis
M P Connolly
Global Market Access Solutionsr, St Prex, Switzerland
Digestion 80:241-6. 2009
- The impact of introducing patient co-payments in Germany on the use of IVF and ICSI: a price-elasticity of demand assessment
M P Connolly
Unit of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hum Reprod 24:2796-800. 2009
..In 2004 German health authorities introduced a 50% co-payment for patients, in an effort to save cost. We explored the impact of this pricing policy on the utilization of reproductive treatments in Germany...
- A cost per live birth comparison of HMG and rFSH randomized trials
Market Access, Ferring International Centre, St Prex, Switzerland
Reprod Biomed Online 17:756-63. 2008
..Within a fixed healthcare budget, the cost-savings achieved using HP-HMG would allow for the delivery of additional IVF cycles...
- Assessing long-run economic benefits attributed to an IVF-conceived singleton based on projected lifetime net tax contributions in the UK
Health Economics, Global Market Access Solutions, St Prex 1162, Switzerland
Hum Reprod 24:626-32. 2009
..Despite increasing demand, health authorities often view infertility as a low health priority and consequently limit access to treatments by rationing and limiting funds...
- An economic evaluation of vasoactive agents used to treat acute bleeding oesophageal varices in Belgium
Ferring International Center, St Prex, Switzerland
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 71:230-6. 2008
..In light of the need to control costs, an economic evaluation of vasoactive agents used to treat cirrhotic patients with BOV within the emergency setting in Belgium has been assessed...
- An economic evaluation of vasoactive agents used in the United Kingdom for acute bleeding oesophageal varices in patients with liver cirrhosis
Cardiff Research Consortium, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1481-91. 2007
..To conduct an economic evaluation of terlipressin, octreotide and placebo in the treatment of bleeding oesophageal varices (BOV) where endotherapy could be used concomitantly...