- The COMT Val158 allele is associated with impaired delayed-match-to-sample performance in ADHD
The University of Queensland, Queensland Brain Institute and School of Psychology, St Lucia, 4072, Brisbane, Australia
Behav Brain Funct 8:25. 2012
..This study explored the association between three measures of working memory ability and genetic variation in a range of catecholamine genes in a sample of children with ADHD...
- Under-provision of medical care for vascular diseases for people with dementia in primary care: a cross-sectional review
Mental Health and Neurodegeneration Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Br J Gen Pract 63:e88-96. 2013
..Vascular diseases contribute to the causation and progression of clinical dementia...
- Psychosocial factors associated with parent and teacher reports of aggression in children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne, Royal Children s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 44:667-75. 2010
..It was hypothesized that greater impairment in each would be associated with higher levels of both parent-rated and teacher-rated aggression...
- Quality of care provided to people with dementia: utilisation and quality of the annual dementia review in general practice
Mental Health and Neurodegeneration Research Group, School of Community Based Medicine, University of Manchester, Manchester
Br J Gen Pract 62:e91-8. 2012
..Primary care services are often the main healthcare service for people with dementia; as such, good-quality care at this level is important...
- Underdiagnosis of dementia in primary care: variations in the observed prevalence and comparisons to the expected prevalence
Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Mental Health and Neurodegeneration Research Group, School of Community Based Medicine, The University of Manchester, UK
Aging Ment Health 15:978-84. 2011
..This study investigated the magnitude and variation in the difference between 'observed' and 'estimated' prevalence of dementia in general practices. We also explored practice characteristics associated with observed prevalence rates...
- Investigating the stability of neuropsychiatric sub-syndromes with progression of dementia: a 2-year prospective study
Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust, Park House, North Manchester General Hospital, Manchester, UK
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:1118-23. 2012
..Previous studies have identified sub-syndromes of behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia. But because of their cross-sectional design, the stability of these sub-syndromes over time remains unknown...
- End-of-life care for people with dementia from ethnic minority groups: a systematic review
Mental Health and Neurodegeneration Research Group, School of Community Based Medicine, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:351-60. 2012
..Further research is needed in other western multicultural countries, with a focus on prospective qualitative studies to understand the underlying reasons for these differences, not just their occurrence...