Affiliation: Universidad de Antioquia
- Methyl aminolevulinate plus red light vs. placebo plus red light in the treatment of photodamaged facial skin: histopathological findingsG Sanclemente
Group of Investigative Dermatology GRID, University of Antioquia Medellin, Antioquia, Colombia
Clin Exp Dermatol 37:379-86. 2012....
- A double-blind, randomized trial of 0.05% betamethasone vs. topical catalase/dismutase superoxide in vitiligoG Sanclemente
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, GRID Dermatology Section, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 22:1359-64. 2008..Many other non-immune theories have also been suggested for vitiligo's pathogenesis, but the role of oxidative stress has gained more importance in recent years...
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) viral load and HPV type in the clinical outcome of HIV-positive patients treated with imiquimod for anogenital warts and anal intraepithelial neoplasiaG Sanclemente
Dermatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 21:1054-60. 2007....
- Impact of a sun protection campaign in Medellín (Colombia)Gloria Sanclemente
Dermatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Centro de Investigaciones Medicas, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Int J Dermatol 48:1296-300; quiz 1300-2. 2009..To evaluate the impact of an educational massive sun protection campaign...
- Lack of correlation between minimal erythema dose and skin phototype in a Colombian scholar populationGloria Sanclemente
Group of Investigative Dermatology, Dermatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Skin Res Technol 14:403-9. 2008..Such information is gaining importance in other nations due to the fact that several country's population is becoming more ethnically diverse...
- A prospective split-face double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial to assess the efficacy of methyl aminolevulinate + red-light in patients with facial photodamageG Sanclemente
Group of Investigative Dermatology GRID, Dermatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 25:49-58. 2011..More recently, open-label studies and few controlled trials have suggested that photodynamic therapy may have therapeutic potential in photodamage...
- Effect of imiquimod in anogenital warts from HIV-positive menSilvia Herrera
GRID, Dermatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
J Clin Virol 39:210-4. 2007..HIV-positive patients have unpredictable local immune responses even with severe systemic immunosuppression and data reported to date is insufficient to predict the effect of imiquimod in HIV-positive patients...
- An unusual presentation of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in a black epidermodysplasia verruciformis (EV) patientGloria Sanclemente
Cancer and Infection Group, School of Medicine, Dermatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, and GRID, Universidad de Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Int J Dermatol 46:199-201. 2007..A decrease in ultraviolet exposure and daily sun-block were encouraged for epidermodysplasia verruciformis lesions. After genital wart clearance, follow-ups are being scheduled every 4 months, with no new lesions to date...
- Molecular and serological evidence of the epidemiological association of HPV 13 with focal epithelial hyperplasia: a case-control studyViviana Cuberos
Group Infection and Cancer, School of Medicine, Universidad de Antioquia, A A 1226, Medellin, Colombia
J Clin Virol 37:21-6. 2006..Focal epithelial hyperplasia is a benign proliferative condition that is more frequently found in children of certain ethnic groups. Human papillomavirus 13 and 32 DNA has been consistently detected in these lesions...
- Clinical, histopathological and virological findings in patients with focal epithelial hyperplasia from ColombiaLeonor V González
Group Infection and Cancer, School of Dentistry, Dermatology Section, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Antioquia, Medellin, Colombia
Int J Dermatol 44:274-9. 2005..Focal epithelial hyperplasia (FEH) is a rare oral HPV-related disease, highly prevalent in certain ethnic communities. A previous study found 7.5% prevalence among school children from the Indian community Embera-Chami in Colombia...
- Nontuberculous mycobacteria infection after mesotherapy: preliminary report of 15 casesAlejandra Sañudo
Department of Internal Medicine, Dermatology Section, School of Medicine, San Vicente de Paul Hospital, Medellin, Colombia
Int J Dermatol 46:649-53. 2007..Mesotherapy is an increasingly used technique which is currently causing several mycobacterial infections owing to contaminated substances being injected, and also to poor aseptic measures being held by nonprofessional practitioners...
- [What clinicians should know about human papilloma virus vaccines]Gloria Sanclemente
Seccion de Dermatologia, Departamento de Medicina Interna, Grupo Infección y Cáncer, Escuela de Medicina, Universidad de Antioquia, Calle 20 sur No 25 B 109, of 113, Medellin, Colombia
Gac Med Mex 139:173-83. 2003..This article reviews basics of the design of HPV vaccines and the type of vaccines currently being evaluated in clinical studies...
- Human papillomavirus molecular biology and pathogenesisG Sanclemente
Section of Dermatology, Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Universidad de Antioquia, Calle 64 No 51 D 158, Medellin, Colombia
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 16:231-40. 2002..This review discusses the molecular biology, pathogenesis and immunology of HPV infections...