- Successful treatment of severe iatrogenic calcinosis cutis with intravenous sodium thiosulfate in a child affected by T-acute lymphoblastic leukemia
Clinic of Pediatric Oncology Hematology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Dermatol 26:311-5. 2009
..No functional or sensitive impairment remained...
- Primary stroke prevention for sickle cell disease in north-east Italy: the role of ethnic issues in establishing a Transcranial Doppler screening program
Clinic of Pediatric Haemathology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 35:15. 2009
..A comprehensive care program for children with SCD was established in our Center since 2004, but a wide and routine screening for Primary stroke prevention needs to be developed...
- Intellectual function evaluation of first generation immigrant children with sickle cell disease: the role of language and sociodemographic factors
Clinic of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 39:36. 2013
..The aim of our multicenter study was to describe the intellectual function of first generation African immigrants with SCD and the influence of sociodemographic factors on its characteristics...
- Comprehensive care for sickle cell disease immigrant patients: a reproducible model achieving high adherence to minimum standards of care
Clinic of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 59:1275-9. 2012
..We wanted to verify if addressing the specific needs of immigrant patients contributes to improving adherence...
- Thrombocytopenia and splenomegaly: an unusual presentation of congenital hepatic fibrosis
Serena Botto Poala
Clinic of Pediatric Hematology_Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Orphanet J Rare Dis 5:4. 2010
..We describe the first case of CHF presenting in an otherwise healthy child, with thrombocytopenia and splenomegaly as the only manifestations of the disease...
- Malaria prevention reduces in-hospital mortality among severely ill tuberculosis patients: a three-step intervention in Bissau, Guinea-Bissau
Clinic of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 11:57. 2011
..We performed a three-step malaria prevention program to reduce mortality in TB patients during the rainy season...
- Lessons learned from the H1N1 pandemic: the need to improve systematic vaccination in Sickle Cell Disease children. A multi center survey in Italy
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Vaccine 29:1126-8. 2011
- Pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell disease children under 10 years of age
Department of Paediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Br J Haematol 150:601-9. 2010
..Factors involved in its early onset might be different from the ones causing its development in older children or adults. African children might benefit from early screening and re-assessment once a year...
- Contamination of drinking water sources during the rainy season in an urban post-conflict community in Guinea Bissau: implications for sanitation priority
Clinic of Pediatric Haematology Oncology, Department of Paediatfic, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Afr J Med Med Sci 38:155-61. 2009
..Both should be included as a priority in post-conflict reconstruction programs in order to reduce cholera outbreaks and diarrhoea related mortality...
- A short-term intervention for the treatment of severe malnutrition in a post-conflict country: results of a survey in Guinea Bissau
Clinic of Pediatric Haemathology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, I 35100 Padova, Italy
Public Health Nutr 11:1357-64. 2008
- Tricuspid regurgitant velocity elevation in a three-year old child with sickle cell anemia and recurrent acute chest syndromes reversed not by hydroxyurea but by bone marrow transplantation
Clinic of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Azienda Ospedaliera University of Padova, Padova
Hematol Rep 3:e12. 2011
..Our experience suggests that in young patients, TRV reduction can be a positive concomitant effect of BMT...
- The management of sickle cell pain in the emergency department: a priority for health systems
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Pain and Palliative Care Service, Azienda Ospedaliera University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Clin J Pain 29:60-3. 2013
..Pain management in the ED should be well-defined and aggressive. The objective of this study was to evaluate pain management in the pediatric ED of a country recently facing SCD and to identify priority areas of intervention...