- The impact of a pay-for-performance system on timing to hip fracture surgery: experience from the Lazio Region (Italy)
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Via Santa Costanza 53, Rome, Lazio Region 00198, Italy
BMC Health Serv Res 13:393. 2013
- Inequality in 30-day mortality and the wait for surgery after hip fracture: the impact of the regional health care evaluation program in Lazio (Italy)
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region Via Santa Costanza 53, 00198 Rome, Italy
Int J Qual Health Care 25:239-47. 2013
- Air pollution and multiple acute respiratory outcomes
Regional Health Service, Rome, Italy
Eur Respir J 42:304-13. 2013
..Analysing multiple rather than single respiratory events shows stronger air pollution effects. The temporal relationship between the pollutant increases and hospitalisations or mortality for respiratory diseases differs. ..
- Effects of socioeconomic position on 30-day mortality and wait for surgery after hip fracture
Anna Patrizia Barone
Department of Epidemiology, Local Health Authority RME, Via di S Costanza, 53, Rome 00198, Italy
Int J Qual Health Care 21:379-86. 2009
..We examined whether socioeconomic position plays a role in short-term mortality and waiting time for surgery after hip fracture...
- Hepatic and extra-hepatic sequelae, and prevalence of viral hepatitis C infection estimated from routine data in at-risk groups
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health System Lazio Region, Via S, Costanza 53, 00198, Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 10:97. 2010
..This paper aims to estimate the prevalence of HCV infection, and the hepatic and extrahepatic sequelae in at-risk groups, using routinely collected data in the Lazio region, Italy...
- Particulate air pollution and hospital admissions for cardiac diseases in potentially sensitive subgroups
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region, Via S Costanza 53, Rome, Italy
Epidemiology 23:473-81. 2012
..Although numerous studies have provided evidence of an association between ambient air pollution and acute cardiac morbidity, little is known regarding susceptibility factors...
- Effectiveness of invasive reperfusion therapy and standard medical treatment in AMI
National Centre for Epidemiology, Surveillance and Health Promotion, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Acta Cardiol 65:645-52. 2010
..Coronary revascularization methods are among the most common major medical procedures performed in industrialized countries. The short- and long-term comparative effectiveness of different techniques remains undetermined...
- Risk adjustment models for interhospital comparison of CS rates using Robson's ten group classification system and other socio-demographic and clinical variables
Department of Epidemiology, Regional Health Service, Lazio Region, Italy
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 12:54. 2012
..The aim of this study was to assess whether adjustment for Robson's Ten Group Classification System (TGCS), and clinical and socio-demographic variables of the mother and the fetus is necessary for inter-hospital comparisons of CS rates...