- Open versus laparoscopic cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitis. Systematic review and meta-analysis
General Surgery Dept, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, P zza OMS 1, 24128 Bergamo, Italy Electronic address
Int J Surg 18:196-204. 2015
..However no definitive data on its use in AC has been published. CIAO and CIAOW studies demonstrated 48.7% of AC were still operated with the open technique. The aim of the present meta-analysis is to compare OC and LC in AC...
- Antibiotic resistance pattern and clinical outcomes in acute cholecystitis: 567 consecutive worldwide patients in a prospective cohort study
Unit of General and Emergency Surgery, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Bergamo, Italy Electronic address
Int J Surg 21:32-7. 2015
..There have been no previous reports on intra-abdominal bacteriology in complicated IAIs due to acute cholecystitis (AC)...
- Complete versus incomplete cytoreduction in peritoneal carcinosis from gastric cancer, with consideration to PCI cut-off. Systematic review and meta-analysis
General Surgery Dept, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Bergamo, Italy Electronic address
Eur J Surg Oncol 41:911-9. 2015
..However no definitive data about the real effect of complete cytoreduction (CC) have still been published. Moreover the PCI cut-off to attempt CC with a reasonable risk-benefit ratio still lacks...
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer. Meta-analysis of randomized trials
General Surgery Dept, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Bergamo, Italy General Surgery Dept, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Hospices Civils de Lyon and EMR 3738, Universite Lyon 1, France Electronic address
Eur J Surg Oncol 40:12-26. 2014
..Intraperitoneal chemotherapy (IPC) is considered to give a fundamental contribute in treating advanced GC. The purpose of the study is to investigate the effects of IPC in patients with advanced GC...
- The Italian Register of Biological Prostheses
General Surgery Departement, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Bergamo, Italy
Eur Surg Res 50:262-72. 2013
..A wide variety of meshes are available for surgical treatment of abdominal wall defects. These meshes are constructed with different materials with different biological properties...
- Thoracic wall reconstruction with Collamend® in trauma: report of a case and review of the literature
General and Emergency Surgery dept, Ospedali Riuniti, Largo Barozzi, 1 26128, Bergamo, Italy
World J Emerg Surg 7:39. 2012
- Abdominal wall defect repair with biological prosthesis in transplanted patients: single center retrospective analysis and review of the literature
Unit of General Surgery, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, P zza OMS 1, 24127, Bergamo, Italy
Updates Surg 65:191-6. 2013
..The mean follow-up is 16.2 months. The mean complication rate is 9.4 %. Biological prosthesis seems to be useful and safe in abdominal wall repair surgery in transplanted patients...
- Peritoneal adhesion index (PAI): proposal of a score for the "ignored iceberg" of medicine and surgery
General and Emergency Surgery Department, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Piazza OMS Organizzazione Mondiale della Sanità 1, 24128, Bergamo, Italy
World J Emerg Surg 8:6. 2013
- The NOTA Study (Non Operative Treatment for Acute Appendicitis): prospective study on the efficacy and safety of antibiotics (amoxicillin and clavulanic acid) for treating patients with right lower quadrant abdominal pain and long-term follow-up of conser
Salomone Di Saverio
Trauma Surgery Unit, Maggiore Hospital Regional Trauma Center, Bologna Local Health District, AUSL, Bologna, Italy I Unit, General and Emergency and Trauma Surgery, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy Department of Surgery, Hospital of Macerata, Macerata, Italy and Emergency and Trauma Surgery Department, Maggiore Hospital of Parma, Parma, Italy
Ann Surg 260:109-17. 2014
..To assess the safety and efficacy of antibiotics treatment for suspected acute uncomplicated appendicitis and to monitor the long term follow-up of non-operated patients...
- Evaluation of extensive cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) in patients with advanced epithelial ovarian cancer
Unit of General Surgery I, Ospedali Riuniti of Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 22:778-85. 2012
..The aim of the study was to analyze feasibility and results of CRS and HIPEC in patients with advanced EOC...
- Ureteral stenting in cytoreductive surgery plus hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy as a routine procedure: evidence and necessity
Department of General and Emergency Surgery, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Urol Int 89:307-10. 2012
..There is a need for more exhaustive data concerning the use of prophylactic ureteral stenting for extended debulking and cytoreductive procedures in the literature...
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy with cisplatin and paclitaxel in advanced ovarian cancer: a multicenter prospective observational study
Unit of General Surgery I, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Bergamo, Italy
J Gynecol Oncol 26:54-61. 2015
..The aim of this study was to demonstrate the feasibility of CRS+HIPEC with cisplatin and paclitaxel for the treatment of advanced EOC...
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis
Federico Coccolini, Marco Lotti, Luca Ansaloni, Department of General Surgery, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, 24127 Bergamo, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 19:6979-94. 2013
- Single center retrospective analysis of early vs. delayed treatment in acute calculous cholecystitis: application of a clinical pathway and an economic analysis
Department of General Surgery, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Bergamo, Italy
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 21:373-9. 2015
..This study aimed to draw some consideration from our practice in the application of the guidelines and put forward the clinical, economic and organizational effect of it...
- Advanced gastric cancer: What we know and what we still have to learn
Federico Coccolini, Giulia Montori, Marco Ceresoli, Gabriela E Nita, Luca Ansaloni, Department of General Surgery, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, 24127 Bergamo, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 22:1139-59. 2016
..Moreover, the necessity to prevent the relapse of the disease leads to the consideration of administering intraperitoneal chemotherapy earlier in the therapeutical algorithm. ..
- Microscopic margins of resection influence primary gastrointestinal stromal tumor survival
MaTransplant, General and Emergency Surgery Department, St Orsola Malpighi University Hospital Bologna, Italy
Onkologie 35:645-8. 2012
..This study analyzes the outcomes of 151 patients with GIST treated at 3 institutions. These institutions comprise the GISTologist Study Group and provided follow-up data...
- Peritoneal cystic mesothelioma: are surgery and HIPEC optimal first-line treatments?
Dept of General and Emergency Surgery, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
Onkologie 35:200-2. 2012
..The medical community has yet to define standardized treatment guidelines for PCM...
- Intraperitoneal chemotherapy in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: a survey
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Papa Giovanni XXIII hospital, Piazza OMS 1, Bergamo, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 290:425-34. 2014
..Unfortunately, despite the existence of these evidence-based data, this management strategy remains underutilised...
- Surgery versus conservative antibiotic treatment in acute appendicitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials
Unit of General Surgery, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy lansaloni ospedaliriuniti bergamo it
Dig Surg 28:210-21. 2011
..The aim of this analysis is to systematically evaluate the evidence available in relevant literature in order to compare the relative effectiveness of antibiotic therapy as a viable alternative to appendectomies in the treatment of AA...
- Italian Biological Prosthesis Work-Group (IBPWG): proposal for a decisional model in using biological prosthesis
General and Emergency Surgery Department, Ospedali Riuniti, Bergamo, Italy
World J Emerg Surg 7:34. 2012
..Indications for repair of abdominal hernia are well established and widely diffused. Controversies still exist about the indication in using the different prosthetic materials and principally about the biological ones...