- The effect of oophorectomy on epidural fibrosis after laminectomy: an experimental study in rats
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Istanbul Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 47:193-200. 2013
..The aim of this study was to examine the effect of oophorectomy in the formation of epidural fibrosis in a rat laminectomy model...
- Biomechanical and histological comparison of the influence of oestrogen deficient state on tendon healing potential in rats
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int Orthop 33:1461-6. 2009
..05), and also revealed greater cell proliferation and density. The results of this study revealed that endogenous oestrogen may improve healing of the Achilles tendon in rats...
- Extracorporeal shock waves in articular cartilage defects in the rats
Bekir Murat Cinar
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Baskent University Medical Faculty, Adana, Turkey
Musculoskelet Surg 96:23-8. 2012
..There was not a significant difference found between the study and control groups (P > 0.05). Extracorporeal shock waves did not effect healing of the chondral defects...
- The effects of extracorporeal shock waves on carrageenan-induced Achilles tendinitis in rats: a biomechanical and histological analysis
Bekir Murat Cinar
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 47:266-72. 2013
..The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of low-dose extracorporeal shock waves (ESW) on the healing potential of Achilles tendinitis in the rat...
- Correlations of isokinetic measurements with tendon healing following open repair of rotator cuff tears
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Int Orthop 34:531-6. 2010
..Despite high failure rates, functional results were satisfactory. Increased age and fatty infiltration stage decrease success...
- A lipoma causing separation of toes in the second web space of the foot
Rahmi Can Akgun
Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology, Medicine Faculty of Başkent University, Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Eklem Hastalik Cerrahisi 23:52-4. 2012
..In this article, we present a 55-year-old male case with a lipoma leading to separating toes in the second web space of the foot and mechanical discomfort...
- The correlation of correction magnitude and tibial slope changes following open wedge high tibial osteotomy
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Adana Medical Center, Baskent University School of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:948-51. 2008
..837). Although we could not find a correlation between tibial slope change and the amount of coronal correction, 50% of our patients demonstrated increased tibial slope...
- Radial tears in the root of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Baskent University School of Medicine, Adana, Turkey
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 16:849-54. 2008
..Partial meniscectomy provides symptomatic relief in most cases but does not arrest the progression of radiographically revealed osteoarthritis...