- Axillary staging in the neoadjuvant setting
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2401-10. 2010
..Finally, we propose a treatment algorithm for patients undergoing NAC on the basis of the current data...
- Comparison of patient characteristics and outcomes of contralateral prophylactic mastectomy and unilateral total mastectomy in breast cancer patients
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology at Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:2600-6. 2012
..This study's objective was to compare clinicopathologic characteristics of BCa patients who elected CPM to those who elected unilateral total mastectomy (UTM) and to determine whether CPM improved survival...
- Intraductal fibroadenomatosis: an unusual variant of fibroadenoma
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Breast J 14:193-5. 2008
..This may represent an unusual variant of fibroadenoma that has not been described in the literature and its likelihood of recurrence is unknown...
- Is the "10% rule" equally valid for all subsets of sentinel-node-positive breast cancer patients?
Department of Surgery, Breast Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, MRI 1026, New York, NY 10065, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2728-33. 2008
..Here we determine how frequently a positive SLN would be missed by the 10% rule...
- Preoperative FDG-PET for axillary metastases in patients with breast cancer
Saul and Joyce Brandman Breast Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, Calif, USA
Arch Surg 141:783-8; discussion 788-9. 2006
..Surgeons can proceed to axillary node dissection to assess the number of nodes involved, eliminate axillary disease, or perhaps provide a survival benefit if preoperative FDG-PET has an SUV greater than 2.3...
- Incidental breast lesions identified by 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose-positron emission tomography
Breast Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2119-25. 2010
..We describe our experience with breast incidentalomas in a large series of PET scans performed for patients without a known history of breast cancer...
- Prognostic value of basal phenotype in HER2-overexpressing breast cancer
Sanjay P Bagaria
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:935-40. 2012
..We investigated the clinical relevance of this basal-HER2+ subtype within HER2-overexpressing breast tumors...
- In vivo cytometry: a spectrum of possibilities
Minimally Invasive Surgical Technologies Institute and Department of Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Cytometry A 69:142-6. 2006
..This is an important step towards tight spatio-temporal coupling between such detection and clinical intervention...
- B7-h3 ligand expression by primary breast cancer and associated with regional nodal metastasis
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA, USA
Ann Surg 252:1044-51. 2010
..We hypothesized that B7-H3, a coinhibitory factor, is expressed by primary breast cancer cells and associated with metastasis to regional tumor-draining lymph nodes...
- The impact of MRI on the treatment of DCIS
Saul and Joyce Brandman Breast Center, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am Surg 71:705-10. 2005
..Breast MRI is a sensitive diagnostic imaging tool in patients with DCIS. However, any suspicious finding should be biopsied before a definitive operation is planned...
- Preliminary results: double lumpectomies for multicentric breast carcinoma
Nimmi S Kapoor
John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, California, USA
Am Surg 78:1345-8. 2012
..This small series suggests that "double lumpectomy" may be considered for multicentric invasive breast carcinoma in carefully selected patients with favorable tumors who desire breast conservation...
- Functional domains of CCN1 (Cyr61) regulate breast cancer progression
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Int J Oncol 33:59-67. 2008