- Risk models for mortality following elective open and endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: a single institution experience
Department of Vascular Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 44:549-54. 2012
..To develop and validate an "in house" risk model for predicting perioperative mortality following elective AAA repair and to compare this with other models...
- Changing epidemiology of abdominal aortic aneurysms in England and Wales: older and more benign?
Vascular Surgery Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, United Kingdom
Circulation 125:1617-25. 2012
..This finding may have important implications for screening programs. This study determined trends in AAA incidence and mortality in England and Wales...
- Differential microRNA expression profiles in peripheral arterial disease
Philip W Stather
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences and Department of Genetics and the NIHR Leicester Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Unit, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 6:490-7. 2013
..Recently, microRNAs (miRNAs), a class of short noncoding RNA controlling gene expression, have emerged as major regulators of multiple biological processes...
- Effect of anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy on incidence of endoleaks and sac size expansions after endovascular aneurysm repair
John B Wild
Vascular Surgery Research Group, University of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK Electronic address
Ann Vasc Surg 28:554-9. 2014
..This study aims to determine whether these therapies affect the incidence of endoleaks or sac size expansions after EVAR...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the association between markers of hemostasis and abdominal aortic aneurysm presence and size
David A Sidloff
Vascular Surgery Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, United Kingdom Electronic address
J Vasc Surg 59:528-535.e4. 2014
..The purpose of this study was to summarize the current evidence of the association between markers of hemostasis and both the presence and size of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAAs)...
- Endovascular aortic aneurysm repair in patients with hostile neck anatomy
Philip W Stather
Vascular Surgery Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, UK
J Endovasc Ther 20:623-37. 2013
..To report a systematic review and meta-analysis of outcomes following endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) in patients with hostile neck anatomy (HNA) vs. those with favorable neck anatomy (FNA)...
- Aneurysm global epidemiology study: public health measures can further reduce abdominal aortic aneurysm mortality
Vascular Surgery Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences D S, P S, N D, M B, R S, E C and Department of Health Sciences J T, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Circulation 129:747-53. 2014
..This study aimed to investigate global AAA mortality trends and to analyze any association with common cardiovascular risk factors...
- Potential role for anti-angiogenic therapy in abdominal aortic aneurysms
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
Eur J Clin Invest 43:758-65. 2013
..The use of anti-angiogenic therapy as potential medical therapy in AAA is a promising strategy but has never been studied in detail...