- Foreign body in vagina: an uncommon cause of vaginitis in children
Department of Paediatrics, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus Enugu, Nigeria
Ann Med Health Sci Res 3:102-4. 2013
..Vaginal foreign body can present with diverse symptoms. It should be considered in any young female patient presenting with recurrent or persistent vaginal discharge...
- Clinical Presentation of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type II (Hunter's Syndrome)
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Enugu, Nigeria
Ann Med Health Sci Res 2:87-90. 2012
..Based on the clinical features and radiological findings, one can diagnose a case of MPS. However, careful and critical approach is necessary to exactly diagnose the type of MPS as enzymatic studies are not available in most centers...
- Prevalence and pattern of child abuse and associated factors in four secondary institutions in Enugu, Southeast Nigeria
Josephat M Chinawa
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital UNTH, PMB 01129, Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria, 400001
Eur J Pediatr 173:451-6. 2014
..A total of 58/346 (16.8 %) respondents admitted that they have been abused emotionally in one way or the other by either birth parents or other relatives who brought them up...
- Synopsis of congenital cardiac disease among children attending University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital Ituku Ozalla, Enugu
Josephat M Chinawa
Department of Paediatrics, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
BMC Res Notes 6:475. 2013
..The difference in the pattern obtained worldwide and few studies in Nigeria could be due to genetic, environmental, socioeconomic, or ethnic origin...
- Coagulation profile of children with sickle cell anemia in steady state and crisis attending the university of Nigeria teaching hospital, Ituku-Ozalla, Enugu
J M Chinawa
Department of Paediatrics, University of Nigeria Enugu Campus Enugu, Nigeria
Niger J Clin Pract 16:159-63. 2013
..Sickle cell anemia is associated with a hypercoagulable state that may lead to alterations in a coagulation profile. Measurements of coagulation factors are known to have some predictive value for clinical outcome...
- Mothers' perception and management of abdominal colic in infants in Enugu, Nigeria
J M Chinawa
Department of Paediatrics, University of Nigeria, Teaching Hospital, Ituku Ozalla, Enugu, Nigeria
Niger J Clin Pract 16:169-73. 2013
..The excessive crying associated with it can result in a lot of distress for family members creating unnecessary panics. We sought to find the perception and management of abdominal colic by mothers in Enugu...
- Prevalence of hypoxemia among children with sickle cell anemia during steady state and crises: a cross-sectional study
J M Chinawa
Department of Paediatrics, Medical Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, Nigeria
Niger J Clin Pract 16:91-5. 2013
..Pulmonary complications are common in sickle cell disease (SCD) and may exacerbate microvascular occlusive phenomena. Thus, detecting hypoxemia is of particular importance in SCD...
- Use and/or misuse of antibiotics in management of diarrhea among children in Enugu, Southeast Nigeria
Enugu State University of Science and Technology Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
J Trop Pediatr 59:314-6. 2013
..Diarrheal diseases are a leading cause of under-5 morbidity and mortality worldwide...
- The use of unprescribed antibiotics in management of upper respiratory tract infection in children in Enugu, South East Nigeria
Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu State, Nigeria
J Trop Pediatr 60:249-52. 2014
..It is a documented fact that upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) is more of a viral illness...
- Hypertension and prehypertension among adolescents in secondary schools in Enugu, South East Nigeria
Fortune A Ujunwa
Department of Paediatrics, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu 400001, Nigeria
Ital J Pediatr 39:70. 2013
..Hypertension is a prevalent cardiovascular disease risk factor among blacks and adolescent hypertension can progress into adulthood...
- Elevated arterial blood pressure and body mass index among Nigerian preschool children population
Odutola I Odetunde
Pediatric Nephrology Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, UNTH, PMB 01129 Ituku Ozalla Enugu State, Nigeria
BMC Pediatr 14:64. 2014
- Paracetamol use (and/or misuse) in children in Enugu, South-East, Nigeria
Herbert A Obu
Department of Paediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus and University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Ituku Ozalla, Enugu 400001, Nigeria
BMC Pediatr 12:103. 2012
..We sought to find its use and/or misuse in children seen at the paediatric outpatient clinic of the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Ituku-Ozalla, Enugu...
- Congenital malformations among newborns admitted in the neonatal unit of a tertiary hospital in Enugu, South-East Nigeria--a retrospective study
Herbert A Obu
Department of Paediatrics, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, PO Box 14587, Agbani Road PO, Enugu 400001, Nigeria
BMC Res Notes 5:177. 2012
..The prevalence and pattern of presentation vary from place to place. Many a time the exact etiology is unknown but genetic and environmental factors tend to be implicated...