Shi Hong Zhang
Affiliation: Zhejiang University
- Paracrine-like excitation of low-threshold mechanoceptive C-fibers innervating rat hairy skin is mediated by substance P via NK-1 receptorsShi Hong Zhang
Faculty of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, PR China
Brain Res Bull 75:138-45. 2008..We propose that this cross-talk has evolved as a mechanism regulating the mechanoceptive characteristics of LTM C-fibers, presumably contributing to pain sensation elicited by tactile stimuli ('allodynia')...
- Mode-dependent effect of low-frequency stimulation targeting the hippocampal CA3 subfield on amygdala-kindled seizures in ratsHong Liu Sun
Institute of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Epilepsy Res 90:83-90. 2010..The hippocampal CA3 subfield could be considered as a potential target for epilepsy treatment using LFS, and should be delivered in an appropriate stimulation mode...
- Therapeutic time window of low-frequency stimulation at entorhinal cortex for amygdaloid-kindling seizures in ratsZheng Hao Xu
Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Epilepsia 51:1861-4. 2010..Our findings suggest that even in the duration of afterdischarge, there exists a "time window" for LFS treatment, indicating that the time delay of closed-loop stimulation is crucial for LFS treatment...
- Low-frequency stimulation of cerebellar fastigial nucleus inhibits amygdaloid kindling acquisition in Sprague-Dawley ratsShuang Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310058 China
Neurobiol Dis 29:52-8. 2008..Our study suggests that LFS of targets outside the limbic system, such as the FN, may have a significant anti-epileptogenic action, and the effects of LFS depend on the frequency and timing of stimulation...
- Time-dependent effect of low-frequency stimulation on amygdaloid-kindling seizures in ratsDeng Chang Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, 388 Yuhang Tang Road, Hangzhou 310058, PR China
Neurobiol Dis 31:74-9. 2008..However, delayed LFS prolonged the cumulative GSD and afterdischarge duration. Our study indicates that there is a time-dependent aspect of LFS treatment, and immediate LFS has anti-epileptogenic action...
- Wide therapeutic time-window of low-frequency stimulation at the subiculum for temporal lobe epilepsy treatment in ratsKai Zhong
Department of Pharmacology, Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology of the Ministry of Health of China, Zhejiang Province Key Laboratory of Neurobiology, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Neurobiol Dis 48:20-6. 2012..Thus, these results demonstrated that LFS of the subiculum has a wide therapeutic time-window for temporal lobe epilepsy treatment in rats, suggesting that the subiculum may be a promising and suitable target for clinical application...
- [Advances in application of deep brain stimulation in treatment of neuropsychological diseases]Zhong Chen
1Institute of Neuroscience, 2 Departmemt of Pharmacology, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310058, China
Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:549-58. 2009..Deep brain stimulation is now emerging as a promising approach for the treatment of resistant neuropsychological diseases...
- Ralfinamide administered orally before hindpaw neurectomy or postoperatively provided long-lasting suppression of spontaneous neuropathic pain-related behavior in the ratShi Hong Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
Pain 139:293-305. 2008..3, Nav1.7, Nav1.8, and Cav2.2 channels in rat DRG neurons, inhibition of substance P release from spinal cord synaptosomes, NMDA receptor antagonism and neuroprotection...
- Low-frequency stimulation of the tuberomammillary nucleus facilitates electrical amygdaloid-kindling acquisition in Sprague-Dawley ratsDeng Chang Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Neuroscience, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, 310058, China
Neurobiol Dis 32:151-6. 2008..These results suggest that specific negative sites for DBS exist in the brain, such as the TM. This study indicates that it is crucial to choose a suitable target for DBS in the clinical treatment of epilepsy...