Zheng Wei Mao
Affiliation: Zhejiang University
- Ren T, Yu S, Mao Z, Gao C. A complementary density gradient of zwitterionic polymer brushes and NCAM peptides for selectively controlling directional migration of Schwann cells. Biomaterials. 2015;56:58-67 pubmed publisher..The success of the complementary gradient relies on the appropriate interplay between the PDMAPS brushes and the cell-specific ligands, enabling the selective guidance of SCs migration. ..
- Zhang W, Mao Z, Gao C. Preparation of TAT peptide-modified poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) microgel particles and their cellular uptake, intracellular distribution, and influence on cytoviability in response to temperature change. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014;434:122-9 pubmed publisher..Doxorubicin loaded PNIPAM microgel particles showed the strongest cytotoxicity when being cultured at 25Â°C for 4 h, suggesting the combinational effect of intracellular volume expansion and drug release on cells. ..
- Yu G, Yang Z, Fu X, Yung B, Yang J, Mao Z, et al. Polyrotaxane-based supramolecular theranostics. Nat Commun. 2018;9:766 pubmed publisher..These supramolecular nanomedicines also exhibit excellent anti-tumour performance against orthotopic breast cancer and prevent lung metastasis with negligible systemic toxicity. ..
- Chen Y, Xu Z, Zhu D, Tao X, Gao Y, Zhu H, et al. Gold nanoparticles coated with polysarcosine brushes to enhance their colloidal stability and circulation time in vivo. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2016;483:201-210 pubmed publisher..The Au@PS did not cause obvious toxicity in vivo, suggesting potential applications in disease diagnosis and therapy. ..
- Sheng G, Chen Y, Han L, Huang Y, Liu X, Li L, et al. Encapsulation of indocyanine green into cell membrane capsules for photothermal cancer therapy. Acta Biomater. 2016;43:251-261 pubmed publisher..The system provides a better photothermal effect against tumors, an important step forward in the practical application of ICG in cancer therapy. ..
- Yu W, Zhang W, Chen Y, Song X, Tong W, Mao Z, et al. Cellular uptake of poly(allylamine hydrochloride) microcapsules with different deformability and its influence on cell functions. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2016;465:149-57 pubmed publisher..The results pointed out that the deformability of microcapsules is an important factor governing the biological performance of microcapsules, which requires careful adjustment for further biomedical applications. ..
- Jiang P, Zhang Y, Zhu C, Zhang W, Mao Z, Gao C. Fe3O4/BSA particles induce osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells under static magnetic field. Acta Biomater. 2016;46:141-150 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate a potential magnetic manipulation method for stem cell differentiation, and also convey the significance of careful evaluation of the safety issue of magnetic particles in real an application situation. ..
- Zhu H, Chen Y, Yan F, Chen J, Tao X, Ling J, et al. Polysarcosine brush stabilized gold nanorods for in vivo near-infrared photothermal tumor therapy. Acta Biomater. 2017;50:534-545 pubmed publisher..In vivo photothermal therapy showed that tumors were completely cured without reoccurrence by one-time irradiation of NIR laser after a single injection of the polysarcosine modified AuNRs. ..
- Zhang W, Jiang P, Chen J, Zhu C, Mao Z, Gao C. Application of melatonin-loaded poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) hydrogel particles to reduce the toxicity of airborne pollutes to RAW264.7 cells. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2017;490:181-189 pubmed publisher..This concept-proving study demonstrates the potential to use the thermo-responsive PNIPAM/MLT particles to suppress the toxicity of airborne PM2.5 pollutes, which is a paramount requirement for human health. ..