Affiliation: Zhejiang University
- Jiang P, Zhang Y, Zhu C, Zhang W, Mao Z, Gao C. Fe3O4/BSA particles induce osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells under static magnetic field. Acta Biomater. 2016;46:141-150 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate a potential magnetic manipulation method for stem cell differentiation, and also convey the significance of careful evaluation of the safety issue of magnetic particles in real an application situation. ..
- Zhang W, Jiang P, Chen J, Zhu C, Mao Z, Gao C. Application of melatonin-loaded poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) hydrogel particles to reduce the toxicity of airborne pollutes to RAW264.7 cells. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2017;490:181-189 pubmed publisher..This concept-proving study demonstrates the potential to use the thermo-responsive PNIPAM/MLT particles to suppress the toxicity of airborne PM2.5 pollutes, which is a paramount requirement for human health. ..
- Liang S, Yu S, Zhou N, Deng J, Gao C. Controlling the selective and directional migration of hepatocytes by a complementary density gradient of glycosylated hyperbranched polymers and poly(ethylene glycol) molecules. Acta Biomater. 2017;56:161-170 pubmed publisher..The success of the complementary gradient relies on the specific interaction between galactose and asialoglycoprotein receptor (ASGPR) expressed on HepG2 cells. STATEMENT OF SIGNIFICANCE. ..
- Deng J, Yao M, Gao C. Cytotoxicity of gold nanoparticles with different structures and surface-anchored chiral polymers. Acta Biomater. 2017;53:610-618 pubmed publisher..The structure and surface chirality at the nanoscale can influence cytotoxicity and genotoxicity. â€¢ A new perspective on designing nanoparticles for drug delivery, bioimaging and diagnosis. ..
- Liu X, Zheng H, Li G, Li H, Zhang P, Tong W, et al. Fabrication of polyurethane microcapsules with different shapes and their influence on cellular internalization. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2017;158:675-681 pubmed publisher..Both types of capsules did not show significant cytotoxicity even after co-incubation for 72h at a high ratio of capsule to cell. ..
- Chen X, Gao C. Influences of size and surface coating of gold nanoparticles on inflammatory activation of macrophages. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2017;160:372-380 pubmed publisher..Comparatively, smaller GNPs induced stronger inflammatory responses regardless of their surface-conjugated molecules. ..