- Qi M, Wang H, Jing B, Wang D, Wang R, Zhang L. Occurrence and molecular identification of Cryptosporidium spp. in dairy calves in Xinjiang, Northwestern China. Vet Parasitol. 2015;212:404-7 pubmed publisher..Recent findings describing the C. parvum IId subtypes as the dominant group in humans and animals in China indicate that dairy calves may be an important source of zoonotic Cryptosporidium in China. ..
- Jian F, Liu A, Wang R, Zhang S, Qi M, Zhao W, et al. Common occurrence of Cryptosporidium hominis in horses and donkeys. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;43:261-6 pubmed publisher..hominis in these animals. Data of the study suggest that horses and donkeys as companion animals may potentially transmit Cryptosporidium infections to humans. ..
- Li J, Luo N, Wang C, Qi M, Cao J, Cui Z, et al. Occurrence, molecular characterization and predominant genotypes of Enterocytozoon bieneusi in dairy cattle in Henan and Ningxia, China. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:142 pubmed publisher..The detection of zoonotic genotypes of E. bieneusi in dairy farms indicates that cattle may play an important role as a reservoir host for zoonotic infections. ..
- Zhao G, Du S, Wang H, Hu X, Deng M, Yu S, et al. First report of zoonotic Cryptosporidium spp., Giardia intestinalis and Enterocytozoon bieneusi in golden takins (Budorcas taxicolor bedfordi). Infect Genet Evol. 2015;34:394-401 pubmed publisher..These findings expand the host range of three zoonotic pathogens and have important implications for controlling cryptosporidiosis, giardiasis and microsporidiosis in humans and animals. ..
- Lu Y, Dong H, Feng Y, Wang K, Jiang Y, Zhang L, et al. Avirulence and lysozyme secretion in Paneth cells after infection of BALB/c mice with oocysts of Toxoplasma gondii strains TgCatCHn2 (ToxoDB#17) and TgCatCHn4 (ToxoDB#9). Vet Parasitol. 2018;252:1-8 pubmed publisher..The findings of the present study further expand the spectrum of the pathogenic features of various Chinese isolates of T. gondii. ..
- Qi M, Dong H, Wang R, Li J, Zhao J, Zhang L, et al. Infection rate and genetic diversity of Giardia duodenalis in pet and stray dogs in Henan Province, China. Parasitol Int. 2016;65:159-62 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that G. duodenalis is a common parasite and cause of diarrheal disease in dogs in Henan Province. However, there was no evidence for zoonotic G. duodenalis assemblages in the study population. ..
- Dong H, Li J, Qi M, Wang R, Yu F, Jian F, et al. Prevalence, molecular epidemiology, and zoonotic potential of Entamoeba spp. in nonhuman primates in China. Infect Genet Evol. 2017;54:216-220 pubmed publisher..and its transmission between animal reservoirs and humans. ..
- Qi M, Jing B, Jian F, Wang R, Zhang S, Wang H, et al. Dominance of Enterocytozoon bieneusi genotype J in dairy calves in Xinjiang, Northwest China. Parasitol Int. 2017;66:960-963 pubmed publisher..Genotype J was the most prevalent genotype (57/85) and was identified on 11 farms. The high prevalence of zoonotic E. bieneusi genotypes in dairy calves suggests they are a potential source of zoonotic infection in humans. ..
- Qi M, Wang H, Jing B, Wang R, Jian F, Ning C, et al. Prevalence and multilocus genotyping of Giardia duodenalis in dairy calves in Xinjiang, Northwestern China. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:546 pubmed..duodenalis that is infectious to humans. The differences in the distribution of G. duodenalis assemblage E MLGs from cattle were likely to be because of geographical segregation. ..
- Qi M, Wang R, Jing B, Jian F, Ning C, Zhang L. Prevalence and multilocus genotyping of Cryptosporidium andersoni in dairy cattle and He cattle in Xinjiang, China. Infect Genet Evol. 2016;44:313-317 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the genetic structure of C. andersoni isolates and are also helpful to explore the infection source of C. andersoni in cattle in Xinjiang, China. ..