Song Lin Chen
Affiliation: Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute
- Meng L, Xu W, Zhu Y, Zhang N, Shao C, Liu Y, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of strbp in Chinese tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Theriogenology. 2018;118:225-232 pubmed publisher..In situ hybridization revealed that CS-strbp mRNA mainly localized in male germ cells, especially in spermatids and spermatozoa. Given these findings, we postulate that CS-strbp might function in spermatogenesis of Chinese tongue sole. ..
- Wang N, Wang R, Wang R, Chen S. Transcriptomics analysis revealing candidate networks and genes for the body size sexual dimorphism of Chinese tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Funct Integr Genomics. 2018;18:327-339 pubmed publisher..Detailed functional investigation of these networks and hub genes will further improve our understanding of the underlying molecular mechanism of sexual size dimorphism in fish. ..
- Chen S, Ren G, Sha Z, Shi C. Establishment of a continuous embryonic cell line from Japanese flounder Paralichthys olivaceus for virus isolation. Dis Aquat Organ. 2004;60:241-6 pubmed..Many virus particles were found in the cytoplasm of the virus-infected FEC cells. These results indicated that the FEC cell line could be potentially used to isolate and study fish viruses. ..
- Zheng Y, Wang N, Xie M, Sha Z, Chen S. Establishment and characterization of a new fish cell line from head kidney of half-smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2012;38:1635-1643 pubmed publisher..The TSHKC cell line was found to be susceptible to lymphocystis disease virus. The fluorescent signals were observed in TSHKC when the cells were transfected with green fluorescent protein and red fluorescent protein reporter plasmids. ..
- Wei M, Xu W, Li K, Chen Y, Wang L, Meng L, et al. Cloning, characterization and functional analysis of dctn5 in immune response of Chinese tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;77:392-401 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest Dctn5_tv1 is involved in immune response of bacterial invasion in Chinese tongue sole. ..
- Chen S, Tian Y. Cryopreservation of flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) embryos by vitrification. Theriogenology. 2005;63:1207-19 pubmed..These results establish that cryopreservation of flounder embryos by vitrification is possible. The technology has many potential applications in teleost germplasm resource conservation. ..
- Huang J, Li Y, Shao C, Wang N, Chen S. Identification, characterization and functional analysis of regulatory region of nanos gene from half-smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Gene. 2017;617:8-16 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into nanos gene expression and function, and lay the foundation for further study of PGC development and applications in tongue sole breeding. ..
- Xu W, Li H, Zhang N, Dong Z, Wang N, Shao C, et al. Expression analysis and characterization of an autosome-localized tesk1 gene in half-smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Gene. 2016;582:161-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, this is the first time that tesk1 gene has been found to show female-biased expression and in view of this, we postulate that AlTesk1 might be involved in some cellular processes specific in ovary, e.g. oogenesis. ..
- Guo L, Wang Y, Liang S, Lin G, Chen S, Yang G. Tissue-overlapping response of half-smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis) to thermostressing based on transcriptome profiles. Gene. 2016;586:97-104 pubmed publisher..These understandings may help improve our culturing practice, the culture performance of half-smooth tongue sole and its breeding. ..
- Zhou Q, Su X, Jing G, Chen S, Ning K. RNA-QC-chain: comprehensive and fast quality control for RNA-Seq data. BMC Genomics. 2018;19:144 pubmed publisher..We present here a tool, RNA-QC-Chain, which can be used to comprehensively resolve the quality control processes of RNA-Seq data effectively and efficiently. ..
- Xu W, Li H, Dong Z, Cui Z, Zhang N, Meng L, et al. Ubiquitin ligase gene neurl3 plays a role in spermatogenesis of half-smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis) by regulating testis protein ubiquitination. Gene. 2016;592:215-220 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we speculate that neurl3 modulates testis protein ubiquitination in a dosage-dependent manner and that this influences spermatogenesis. ..
- Chen S, Liu Y, Dong X, Meng L. Cloning, characterization, and expression analysis of a CC chemokine gene from turbot (Scophthalmus maximus). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2010;36:147-55 pubmed publisher..During embryonic development, KC70 was highly expressed after the gastrula stage. These results indicated KC70 plays important and multiple roles in turbot immune response. ..
- Wang L, Zhang Y, Xu W, Jia X, Chen S. Molecular cloning, structure and expressional profiles of two novel single-exon genes (PoCCR6A and PoCCR6B) in the Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2016;52:179-88 pubmed publisher..The patterns of expression suggested that PoCCR6A and PoCCR6B play an important role in the immune response of the Japanese flounder, especially in the mucosal tissues. ..
- Wei M, Liu Y, Guo H, Zhao F, Chen S. Characterization of the complete mitochondrial genome of Cynoglossus gracilis and a comparative analysis with other Cynoglossinae fishes. Gene. 2016;591:369-75 pubmed publisher..gracilis is closely related to Cynoglossus semilaevis. This study provides important mitogenomic data for analyzing phylogenetic relationships in the Cynoglossinae. ..
- Chen S, Sha Z, Ye H, Liu Y, Tian Y, Hong Y, et al. Pluripotency and chimera competence of an embryonic stem cell line from the sea perch (Lateolabrax japonicus). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2007;9:82-91 pubmed..Donor GFP(+)LJES1 cells contributed to various tissues in head and trunk of zebrafish embryos and hatched fry. ..
- Chen S, Zhang Y, Xu M, Ji X, Yu G, Dong C. Molecular polymorphism and expression analysis of MHC class II B gene from red sea bream (Chrysophrys major). Dev Comp Immunol. 2006;30:407-18 pubmed
- Chen S, Xu M, Ji X, Yu G, Liu Y. Cloning, characterization, and expression analysis of hepcidin gene from red sea bream (Chrysophrys major). Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005;49:1608-12 pubmed..The expression of the hepcidin mRNA in various tissues was examined. Challenge of red sea bream with Escherichia coli DH5alpha elevated hepcidin mRNA levels in spleen, gill, liver, and intestine. ..
- Liu X, Wu Y, Wei S, Wang N, Li P, Li Y, et al. Establishment and characterization of a kidney cell line from kelp grouper Epinephelus moara. Fish Physiol Biochem. 2018;44:87-93 pubmed publisher..These results suggested the potential of the EMK cell line for studies of transgene and pathogenesis of SGIV and NNV. ..
- Wei M, Xu W, Li H, Wang L, Xiu Y, Yang Y, et al. Molecular characterization and expression analysis of a novel r-spondin member (rspo2l) in Chinese tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;72:436-442 pubmed publisher..This is the first report about the involvement of rspondins in fish immune responses. ..
- Wang L, Fan C, Xu W, Zhang Y, Dong Z, Xiang J, et al. Characterization and functional analysis of a novel C1q-domain-containing protein in Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Dev Comp Immunol. 2017;67:322-332 pubmed publisher..tarda inÂ vivo, suggesting that C1ql3 functions as a pathogen-recognition receptor. Therefore, PoC1ql3 functions in the innate immune system, which would facilitate the investigation of the immune system in Japanese flounder. ..
- Wang L, Zhu Y, Xu W, Shao C, Dong Z, Li H, et al. Molecular characterization of Pod1 during sex development in Chinese tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;494:714-718 pubmed publisher..Thus, further research might be needed to evaluate whether Pod1 expression is regulated by epigenetic level...
- Liu Y, Wei M, Guo H, Shao C, Meng L, Xu W, et al. Locus Mapping, Molecular Cloning, and Expression Analysis of rps6kb2, a Novel Metamorphosis-Related Gene in Chinese Tongue Sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Mar Biotechnol (NY). 2017;19:497-516 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that rps6kb2 has a general role in tissue transformations during flatfish metamorphosis including tail changes, skull remodeling, eye migration, and asymmetrical pigmentation. ..
- Wang N, Wang R, Hu Q, Xu W, Zhu Y, Yan F, et al. Characterization of a low-density lipoprotein receptor, Lrp13, in Chinese tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis) and medaka (Oryzias latipes). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1289-1298 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that lrp13 may play important roles in female reproduction. In future, with the advancement of micromanipulation in flatfish, the detailed function of two lrp13 orthologues in C. semilaevis will be elucidated. ..
- Wang L, Shao C, Xu W, Zhou Q, Wang N, Chen S. Proteome profiling reveals immune responses in Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) infected with Edwardsiella tarda by iTRAQ analysis. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;66:325-333 pubmed publisher..tarda. This study contributes to understanding the defense mechanisms of the liver in fish. ..
- Sha Z, Wang L, Sun L, Chen Y, Zheng Y, Xin M, et al. Isolation and characterization of monocyte/macrophage from peripheral blood of half smooth tongue sole (Cynoglossus semilaevis). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;65:256-266 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, MHC-?, M-CSFR and IL-6 were significantly induced following LPS challenge. Collectively, the present study will be useful for the study on half smooth tongue sole immune systems and immune function. ..
- Chen S, Wang Z, Xu M, Gui J. Molecular identification and expression analysis of natural resistance associated macrophage protein (Nramp) cDNA from Japanese flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2006;20:365-73 pubmed publisher..The level of Nramp mRNA in embryos gradually increases during embryogenesis from 4 h (8 cell stage) to 80 h (hatched stage) after fertilization...