Affiliation: Yangzhou University
- Liu Q, Huang J, Chen Y, Chen H, Li Q, He L, et al. Virulence determinants in the PB2 gene of a mouse-adapted H9N2 virus. J Virol. 2015;89:877-82 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we defined a novel pathogenic determinant, providing further insights into the pathogenesis of influenza viruses in mammals. ..
- Kai Y, Hu Z, Xu H, Hu S, Zhu J, Hu J, et al. The M, F and HN genes of genotype VIId Newcastle disease virus are associated with the severe pathological changes in the spleen of chickens. Virol J. 2015;12:133 pubmed publisher..The M, F and HN genes are related to the severe pathological changes in the spleen of chickens infected with genotype VIId NDV. ..
- Li Q, Wang X, Gao Z, Sun Z, Cui Z, Duan Z, et al. Novel reassortant H5N5 viruses bind to a human-type receptor as a factor in pandemic risk. Vet Microbiol. 2015;175:356-61 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found that one of these viruses, 031, not only replicated but also transmitted efficiently in guinea pigs. Therefore, such reassortant influenza viruses may pose a pandemic threat. ..
- Liu J, Cong Y, Yin R, Ding C, Yu S, Liu X, et al. The deletion of an extra six nucleotides in the 5' -untranslated region of the nucleoprotein gene of Newcastle disease virus NA-1 decreases virulence. BMC Vet Res. 2014;10:964 pubmed publisher..However, rNA-1(-) was more virulent in chickens than geese, as seen by the higher intracerebral pathogenicity index value. ..
- Li J, Yu T, Wang X, Zhou J, Gao R, Zhang F, et al. Comparative efficacy of experimental inactivated and live-attenuated chimeric porcine circovirus (PCV) 1-2b vaccines derived from PCV1 and PCV2b isolates originated in China. Virol J. 2015;12:113 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated that both inactivated and live-attenuated chimeric PCV1-2b vaccines were effective to induce protective immunity against PCV2b infection. ..
- Hu J, Ma C, Liu X. PA-X: a key regulator of influenza A virus pathogenicity and host immune responses. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2018;207:255-269 pubmed publisher..Finally, we conclude with a proposition regarding the possible future research directions for this important protein. ..
- Sun W, Li J, Hu J, Jiang D, Xing C, Zhan T, et al. Genetic analysis and biological characteristics of different internal gene origin H5N6 reassortment avian influenza virus in China in 2016. Vet Microbiol. 2018;219:200-211 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study highlights the necessary of continued surveillance of the H5N6 AIVs in birds and paying close attention to the spread of these novel reassortment viruses. ..
- Gao R, Gu M, Liu K, Li Q, Li J, Shi L, et al. T160A mutation-induced deglycosylation at site 158 in hemagglutinin is a critical determinant of the dual receptor binding properties of clade 184.108.40.206 H5NX subtype avian influenza viruses. Vet Microbiol. 2018;217:158-166 pubmed publisher..3.4.4 H5NX viruses. This new insight may be helpful in assessing the pandemic potential of novel H5 isolates. ..
- Jiao Y, Xia Z, Zhou X, Guo Y, Guo R, Kang X, et al. Signature-tagged mutagenesis screening revealed the role of lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis gene rfbH in smooth-to-rough transition in Salmonella Enteritidis. Microbiol Res. 2018;212-213:75-79 pubmed publisher..The rfbH mutant strain could be potentially used as a distinguishable vaccine or a live vector to deliver drugs and antibodies in vivo. ..
- Hu Z, Gu H, Hu J, Hu S, Wang X, Liu X, et al. Quantitative proteomics identify an association between extracellular matrix degradation and immunopathology of genotype VII Newcastle disease virus in the spleen in chickens. J Proteomics. 2018;181:201-212 pubmed publisher..Our study for the first time presents evidence of ECM regulation by NDV and adds ECM remodeling as a new manifestation for NDV pathology. Our findings also deepen the understanding of NDV pathogenesis. ..
- Xu H, Duan Z, Chen Y, Liu J, Cheng X, Liu J, et al. Simultaneous mutation of G275A and P276A in the matrix protein of Newcastle disease virus decreases virus replication and budding. Arch Virol. 2016;161:3527-3533 pubmed
- Hao X, Hu J, Wang J, Xu J, Cheng H, Xu Y, et al. Reassortant H5N1 avian influenza viruses containing PA or NP gene from an H9N2 virus significantly increase the pathogenicity in mice. Vet Microbiol. 2016;192:95-101 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the endemicity of H9N2 and H5N1 in domestic poultry greatly increases the possibility of generating new viruses by reassortment that may pose a great threat to poultry industry and public health. ..
- Sun H, Pu J, Hu J, Liu L, Xu G, Gao G, et al. Characterization of clade 220.127.116.11 highly pathogenic H5 avian influenza viruses in ducks and chickens. Vet Microbiol. 2016;182:116-22 pubmed publisher..Antigenicity analysis revealed that the current vaccines that are widely used in China may fail to confer protection against the H5 reassortants. ..
- Hu J, Gao Z, Wang X, Gu M, Liang Y, Liu X, et al. iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomics reveals important host factors involved in the high pathogenicity of the H5N1 avian influenza virus in mice. Med Microbiol Immunol. 2017;206:125-147 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our findings suggest that the early increased lung injury-associated host response induced by CK10 may contribute to the lung pathology and the high virulence of this virus in mice. ..
- Gao Q, Xia L, Liu J, Wang X, Gao S, Liu X. DNA microarray-mediated transcriptional profiling of avian pathogenic Escherichia coli O2 strain E058 during its infection of chicken. Microb Pathog. 2016;100:1-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, several significantly upregulated genes, including yjiY, sodA, phoB and spy, were selected to study their role in APEC pathogenesis. The data will help to better understand the mechanisms of APEC pathogenesis. ..
- Zhu J, Hu S, Xu H, Liu J, Zhao Z, Wang X, et al. Characterization of virulent Newcastle disease viruses from vaccinated chicken flocks in Eastern China. BMC Vet Res. 2016;12:113 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicated that the E347K variation in HN gene would expand the antigenic difference with LaSota, which may be responsible for the increasing isolation rate of these strains from vaccinated chickens. ..
- Liu K, Gu M, Hu S, Gao R, Li J, Shi L, et al. Genetic and biological characterization of three poultry-origin H5N6 avian influenza viruses with all internal genes from genotype S H9N2 viruses. Arch Virol. 2018;163:947-960 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that continuous epidemiological surveillance in poultry should be implemented for the early prevention of future influenza outbreaks. ..
- Li J, Gu M, Liu D, Liu B, Jiang K, Zhong L, et al. Phylogenetic and biological characterization of three K1203 (H5N8)-like avian influenza A virus reassortants in China in 2014. Arch Virol. 2016;161:289-302 pubmed publisher..3.4.4 H5N8 reassortants, which have caused tremendous damage to the poultry industry and are a potential threat to public health. ..
- Sun W, Li J, Hu J, Jiang D, Ge Z, Xing C, et al. Novel Reassortant H3N2 Avian Influenza Virus Isolated from Domestic Ducks in Eastern China in 2016. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..The strain's genes originated from H1N1, H3, and H7 AIVs. Thus, the genome information of the H3N2 isolate will help to investigate further the epidemiology of H3 subtype AIVs in China. ..
- Hu Z, Liu X, Jiao X, Liu X. Newcastle disease virus (NDV) recombinant expressing the hemagglutinin of H7N9 avian influenza virus protects chickens against NDV and highly pathogenic avian influenza A (H7N9) virus challenges. Vaccine. 2017;35:6585-6590 pubmed publisher..The vaccine provided 80% protection against HPAI H7N9 challenge. Virus shedding of NDV and H7N9 challenge strains was reduced. Our results suggest that rLXHAF is immunogenic and efficacious against HPAI H7N9 virus in chickens. ..
- Su S, Gu M, Liu D, Cui J, Gao G, Zhou J, et al. Epidemiology, Evolution, and Pathogenesis of H7N9 Influenza Viruses in Five Epidemic Waves since 2013 in China. Trends Microbiol. 2017;25:713-728 pubmed publisher..The continuous evolution of the virus poses a long-term threat to public health and the poultry industry, and thus it is imperative to strengthen prevention and control strategies. ..
- Jiao Y, Guo R, Tang P, Kang X, Yin J, Wu K, et al. Signature-tagged mutagenesis screening revealed a novel smooth-to-rough transition determinant of Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:48 pubmed publisher..Enteritidis. Furthermore, somatic O-antigen antibody-based approach to screen signature-tagged transposon mutants is feasible to clarify LPS biosynthesis and to find suitable markers in DIVA-vaccine research. ..
- Hu J, Mo Y, Wang X, Gu M, Hu Z, Zhong L, et al. PA-X decreases the pathogenicity of highly pathogenic H5N1 influenza A virus in avian species by inhibiting virus replication and host response. J Virol. 2015;89:4126-42 pubmed publisher..Our report is the first to delineate the role of the novel PA-X protein in the pathogenesis of H5N1 viruses in avian species and promotes our understanding of H5N1 HPAIV. ..
- Cui Z, Hu J, Wang X, Gu M, Liu X, Hu S, et al. The virulence factor PA protein of highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus inhibits NF-?B transcription in vitro. Arch Virol. 2017;162:3517-3522 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, PA also inhibited NF-?B-regulated inflammatory factors, including IL-6, IL-2, Nos-2 and TNF-?. However, the inhibitory effect on NF-?B activation mediated by PA was not associated with nuclear translocation of p65. ..
- Duan Z, Chen J, Xu H, Zhu J, Li Q, He L, et al. The nucleolar phosphoprotein B23 targets Newcastle disease virus matrix protein to the nucleoli and facilitates viral replication. Virology. 2014;452-453:212-22 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we show that B23 facilitates NDV replication by targeting M to the nucleolus, demonstrating for the first time a direct role for nucleolar protein B23 in a paramyxovirus replication process. ..
- Zhong L, Zhao Q, Zhao K, Wang X, Zhao G, Li Q, et al. The antigenic drift molecular basis of the H5N1 influenza viruses in a novel branch of clade 2.3.4. Vet Microbiol. 2014;171:23-30 pubmed publisher..3.4. Our study highlights the importance of surveillance of antigenic drift of H5N1 viruses for the control and preparedness of pandemic threats. ..