- Zhang Y, Huang P, Song Z, Fang L, Shen T, Li Y, et al. In-context language control with production tasks in bilinguals: an fMRI study. Brain Res. 2014;1585:131-40 pubmed publisher..non-switching) and the language factor (L1 vs. L2). We interpreted our imaging and behavioral results as the effects of context when unbalanced bilinguals controlled their two languages in a context. ..
- Cheng W, Rolls E, Qiu J, Xie X, Wei D, Huang C, et al. Increased functional connectivity of the posterior cingulate cortex with the lateral orbitofrontal cortex in depression. Transl Psychiatry. 2018;8:90 pubmed publisher..These new findings provide evidence that a key target to ameliorate depression is the lateral orbitofrontal cortex. ..
- Bai S, Zhou C, Cheng P, Fu Y, Fang L, Huang W, et al. 1H NMR-based metabolic profiling reveals the effects of fluoxetine on lipid and amino acid metabolism in astrocytes. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:8490-504 pubmed publisher..These findings should aid our understanding of the biological mechanisms underlying fluoxetine therapy. ..
- Wei Y, Zou D, Cao D, Xie P. Association between processed meat and red meat consumption and risk for glioma: a meta-analysis from 14 articles. Nutrition. 2015;31:45-50 pubmed publisher..Our analysis indicated that high levels of processed meat consumption might increase the risk for glioma, and findings are consistent with the hypothesis. No association was found between red meat consumption and glioma risk. ..
- Liu M, Zhang X, Du X, Fang Z, Liu Z, Xu Y, et al. Severe disturbance of glucose metabolism in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of schizophrenia patients: a targeted metabolomic study. J Transl Med. 2015;13:226 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested disturbance of glucose metabolism may be implicated in onset of schizophrenia and could aid in development of diagnostic tool for this disorder. ..
- Liu X, Bode L, Zhang L, Wang X, Liu S, Zhang L, et al. Health care professionals at risk of infection with Borna disease virus - evidence from a large hospital in China (Chongqing). Virol J. 2015;12:39 pubmed publisher..2%). BDV circulates unnoticed in hospital settings in China, putting medical staff at risk and warranting clarification of infection modes and introduction of prevention measures. ..
- Hao L, Yang J, Wang Y, Zhang S, Xie P, Luo Q, et al. Neural correlates of causal attribution in negative events of depressed patients: Evidence from an fMRI study. Clin Neurophysiol. 2015;126:1331-7 pubmed publisher..These interesting findings might provide a biomarker of subtle differences in brain signal alterations associated with depressive cognitive characteristics. ..
- Pan J, Xia J, Deng F, Liang W, Wu J, Yin B, et al. Diagnosis of major depressive disorder based on changes in multiple plasma neurotransmitters: a targeted metabolomics study. Transl Psychiatry. 2018;8:130 pubmed publisher..This study is the first to globally evaluate multiple neurotransmitters in MDD plasma. The altered plasma neurotransmitter metabolite profile has potential differential diagnostic value for MDD. ..
- Zhou M, Tang M, Li S, Peng L, Huang H, Fang Q, et al. Effective lock-in strategy for proteomic analysis of corona complexes bound to amino-free ligands of gold nanoparticles. Nanoscale. 2018;10:12413-12423 pubmed publisher..The presented methodology in principal provides a generic way to analyze a nanoparticle corona bound to amino-free ligands and has the potential to decipher corona-masked ligand functions. ..
- Zhang L, Liu S, Zhang L, You H, Huang R, Sun L, et al. Real-time qPCR identifies suitable reference genes for Borna disease virus-infected rat cortical neurons. Int J Mol Sci. 2014;15:21825-39 pubmed publisher..This study can contribute to improving BDV research by providing the means by which to obtain more reliable and accurate gene expression measurements. ..
- Pan J, Liu H, Zhou J, Liu Z, Yang Y, Peng Y, et al. Ipsilateral hippocampal proteomics reveals mitochondrial antioxidative stress impairment in cortical-lesioned chronic mild stressed rats. Curr Mol Med. 2014;14:1186-96 pubmed..These findings offer new insight into deciphering the molecular mechanisms underpinning PSD's adverse effects on stroke recovery. ..
- Huang X, Huang P, Li D, Zhang Y, Wang T, Mu J, et al. Early brain changes associated with psychotherapy in major depressive disorder revealed by resting-state fMRI: evidence for the top-down regulation theory. Int J Psychophysiol. 2014;94:437-44 pubmed publisher..Future studies comparing various psychotherapeutic methodologies across multiple time points in the treatment course should yield more valuable insights on this topic. ..
- Han X, Shao W, Liu Z, Fan S, Yu J, Chen J, et al. iTRAQ-based quantitative analysis of hippocampal postsynaptic density-associated proteins in a rat chronic mild stress model of depression. Neuroscience. 2015;298:220-92 pubmed publisher..In sum, these findings provide novel insights into the contribution of PSD-associated proteins to stress susceptibility and further advance our understanding of the role of hippocampal synaptic plasticity in MDD. ..
- Liu X, Liu S, Bode L, Liu C, Zhang L, Wang X, et al. Persistent human Borna disease virus infection modifies the acetylome of human oligodendroglia cells towards higher energy and transporter levels. Virology. 2015;485:58-78 pubmed publisher..Upon BDV persistence the OL acetylome is manipulated towards higher energy and transporter levels necessary for shuttling BDV proteins to and from nuclear replication sites. ..
- Rao C, Shi H, Zhou C, Zhu D, Zhao M, Wang Z, et al. Hypothalamic Proteomic Analysis Reveals Dysregulation of Glutamate Balance and Energy Metabolism in a Mouse Model of Chronic Mild Stress-Induced Depression. Neurochem Res. 2016;41:2443-56 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrated that CUMS mice exhibited a dramatic protein change both in glutamate metabolism and energy mobilization, which may shed some light on the role of the hypothalamus in the pathology of stress-induced depression. ..
- Rolls E, Cheng W, Gilson M, Qiu J, Hu Z, Ruan H, et al. Effective Connectivity in Depression. Biol Psychiatry Cogn Neurosci Neuroimaging. 2018;3:187-197 pubmed publisher..Measurements of effective connectivity made using the new method provide a new approach to causal mechanisms in the brain in depression. ..
- Zhou M, Liu Z, Yu J, Li S, Tang M, Zeng L, et al. Quantitative Proteomic Analysis Reveals Synaptic Dysfunction in the Amygdala of Rats Susceptible to Chronic Mild Stress. Neuroscience. 2018;376:24-39 pubmed publisher..Therefore, amygdalar CaMKIIβ is a potential antidepressant target. Collectively, our findings contribute to a better understanding of amygdalar synaptic plasticity in depression. ..
- Zheng P, Fang Z, Xu X, Liu M, Du X, Zhang X, et al. Metabolite signature for diagnosing major depressive disorder in peripheral blood mononuclear cells. J Affect Disord. 2016;195:75-81 pubmed publisher..This PBMC metabolite signature may facilitate development of a laboratory-based diagnostic test for MDD. ..
- Wu D, Peng Y, Zhou J, Yang Y, Rao C, Bai S, et al. Identification and validation of argininosuccinate synthase as a candidate urinary biomarker for major depressive disorder. Clin Chim Acta. 2015;451:142-8 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a range of urinary protein biomarker candidates for MDD, and further demonstrates that ASS1 has a potential for clinical diagnosis of this disorder. ..
- Liu X, Li J, Zheng P, Zhao X, Zhou C, Hu C, et al. Plasma lipidomics reveals potential lipid markers of major depressive disorder. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2016;408:6497-507 pubmed publisher..Our study brings insights into lipid metabolism disorder in MDD and provides a specific potential biomarker for MDD diagnose. ..
- Wang L, Zhou C, Zhu D, Wang X, Fang L, Zhong J, et al. Serotonin-1A receptor alterations in depression: a meta-analysis of molecular imaging studies. BMC Psychiatry. 2016;16:319 pubmed publisher..These findings increase our understanding of the neurophysiological processes underlying depression. ..
- Liu W, Mao Y, Wei D, Yang J, Du X, Xie P, et al. Structural Asymmetry of Dorsolateral Prefrontal Cortex Correlates with Depressive Symptoms: Evidence from Healthy Individuals and Patients with Major Depressive Disorder. Neurosci Bull. 2016;32:217-26 pubmed publisher..In future, the structural index of the DLPFC may become a potential biomarker to evaluate individuals' risk for the onset of MDD. ..
- He P, Sun L, Zhu D, Zhang H, Zhang L, Guo Y, et al. Knock-Down of Endogenous Bornavirus-Like Nucleoprotein 1 Inhibits Cell Growth and Induces Apoptosis in Human Oligodendroglia Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:435 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that EBLN1 plays a key role in regulating cell life and death, thereby opening several avenues of investigation regarding EBLN1 in the future. ..
- Li B, Guo K, Zeng L, Zeng B, Huo R, Luo Y, et al. Metabolite identification in fecal microbiota transplantation mouse livers and combined proteomics with chronic unpredictive mild stress mouse livers. Transl Psychiatry. 2018;8:34 pubmed publisher..These findings may help determine the biological mechanisms of depression and provide evidence about "depression microbes" impacting on liver metabolism. ..
- Liu S, Bode L, Zhang L, He P, Huang R, Sun L, et al. GC-MS-Based Metabonomic Profiling Displayed Differing Effects of Borna Disease Virus Natural Strain Hu-H1 and Laboratory Strain V Infection in Rat Cortical Neurons. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:19347-68 pubmed publisher..The two BDV strains differentially alter metabolic pathways of rat cortical neurons in vitro. Their systematic classification provides a valuable template for improved BDV strain definition in future studies. ..
- Mu J, Yang Y, Chen J, Cheng K, Li Q, Wei Y, et al. Elevated host lipid metabolism revealed by iTRAQ-based quantitative proteomic analysis of cerebrospinal fluid of tuberculous meningitis patients. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;466:689-95 pubmed publisher..Further evaluation of these findings in larger studies including anti-tuberculosis medicated and unmedicated patient cohorts with other center nervous system infectious diseases is required for successful clinical translation. ..
- Zhou C, Fang L, Chen Y, Zhong J, Wang H, Xie P. Effect of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors on bone mineral density: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Osteoporos Int. 2018;29:1243-1251 pubmed publisher..Future studies into the relationship between SSRI use and bone metabolism and bone mass need to be conducted with larger sample sizes for both men and women at different bone sites. ..
- Li J, Zhang S, Wang W, Cheng K, Guo H, Rao C, et al. Potential antidepressant and resilience mechanism revealed by metabolomic study on peripheral blood mononuclear cells of stress resilient rats. Behav Brain Res. 2017;320:12-20 pubmed publisher..The GC-MS based metabolomics may contribute to better understanding of resilience, as well as shedding light on antidepressant discovery. ..
- Dong M, Li C, Shen P, Hu Q, Wei Y, Ren Y, et al. Recombinant tissue plasminogen activator induces long-term anxiety-like behaviors via the ERK1/2-GAD1-GABA cascade in the hippocampus of a rat model. Neuropharmacology. 2018;128:119-131 pubmed publisher..The underlying pathogenesis involves the ERK1/2-GAD1-GABA cascade in the hippocampus. This pharmacological side effect of rtPA may further exacerbate post-stroke anxiety disorder for stroke patients. ..
- Xu F, Yang J, Chen J, Wu Q, Gong W, Zhang J, et al. Differential co-expression and regulation analyses reveal different mechanisms underlying major depressive disorder and subsyndromal symptomatic depression. BMC Bioinformatics. 2015;16:112 pubmed publisher..DCEA and DRA revealed no apparent similarities between the differential regulatory processes underlying MDD and SSD. This bioinformatic analysis may provide novel insights that can support future antidepressant R&D efforts. ..
- Wu Y, Tang J, Zhou C, Zhao L, Chen J, Zeng L, et al. Quantitative proteomics analysis of the liver reveals immune regulation and lipid metabolism dysregulation in a mouse model of depression. Behav Brain Res. 2016;311:330-339 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide novel insight (liver-brain axis) into the multifaceted mechanisms of major depressive disorder. ..
- Bai S, Zhang X, Chen Z, Wang W, Hu Q, Liang Z, et al. Insight into the metabolic mechanism of Diterpene Ginkgolides on antidepressant effects for attenuating behavioural deficits compared with venlafaxine. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9591 pubmed publisher..Understanding the metabolic changes produced by DG and VLX should provide insight into the mechanisms of action of these drugs and aid in the development of novel therapies for depression. ..
- Li R, Li Q, Cui M, Ying Z, Li L, Zhong T, et al. Visceral adiposity index, lipid accumulation product and intracranial atherosclerotic stenosis in middle-aged and elderly Chinese. Sci Rep. 2017;7:7951 pubmed publisher..71) and 79.3%, 40.5%, and 84.1% for LAP (cut-off: 23.99). The same relationships in males were not significant. Both VAI and LAP were closely associated with an increased risk of ICAS in middle-aged and elderly Chinese females. ..
- Liao L, Zhang X, Li J, Zhang Z, Yang C, Rao C, et al. Pioglitazone attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced depression-like behaviors, modulates NF-ÎºB/IL-6/STAT3, CREB/BDNF pathways and central serotonergic neurotransmission in mice. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;49:178-186 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our findings may provide a novel therapeutic target for the treatment of depression-like behaviors in patients with inflammatory status. ..
- Mao Q, Gong X, Zhou C, Tu Z, Zhao L, Wang L, et al. Up-regulation of SIRT6 in the hippocampus induced rats with depression-like behavior via the block Akt/GSK3? signaling pathway. Behav Brain Res. 2017;323:38-46 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data indicates that SIRT6 is involved in the modulation of depressive-like behaviors and affects the survival and synaptic plasticity of hippocampal neuron via inhibitory activation of Akt-GSK3? signaling. ..
- Chen J, Zeng B, Li W, Zhou C, Fan S, Cheng K, et al. Effects of gut microbiota on the microRNA and mRNA expression in the hippocampus of mice. Behav Brain Res. 2017;322:34-41 pubmed publisher..Gut microbiota could significantly influence the expression levels of miRNAs and mRNAs in hippocampus. Our results could provide original and valuable data for researchers to further study the microbiota-gut-brain axis. ..
- Chen J, Zhao L, Liu Y, Fan S, Xie P. Comparative efficacy and acceptability of electroconvulsive therapy versus repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation for major depression: A systematic review and multiple-treatments meta-analysis. Behav Brain Res. 2017;320:30-36 pubmed publisher..ECT was the most efficacious, but least tolerated, treatment, while R-rTMS was the best tolerated treatment for MDD. B-rTMS appears to have the most favorable balance between efficacy and acceptability. ..
- Zhou C, Zhang H, Qin Y, Tian T, Xu B, Chen J, et al. A systematic review and meta-analysis of deep brain stimulation in treatment-resistant depression. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2018;82:224-232 pubmed publisher..Several adverse events might occur during DBS therapy, although it is uncertain whether some AEs can be linked to DBS treatment. Further confirmatory trials are required involving larger sample sizes. ..
- Liu Z, Li S, Wang H, Tang M, Zhou M, Yu J, et al. Proteomic and network analysis of human serum albuminome by integrated use of quick crosslinking and two-step precipitation. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9856 pubmed publisher..Thus, this new strategy has the potential to effectively survey the human albuminome, especially low-abundance proteins of clinical interest. ..
- Shen P, Hu Q, Dong M, Bai S, Liang Z, Chen Z, et al. Venlafaxine exerts antidepressant effects possibly by activating MAPK-ERK1/2 and P13K-AKT pathways in the hippocampus. Behav Brain Res. 2017;335:63-70 pubmed publisher..This study sheds light on the biological mechanisms underlying the effects of venlafaxine. ..
- Chen J, Zhou C, Zheng P, Cheng K, Wang H, Li J, et al. Differential urinary metabolites related with the severity of major depressive disorder. Behav Brain Res. 2017;332:280-287 pubmed publisher..Our results could also be helpful for researchers to study the pathogenesis of MDD. ..