Affiliation: Xi'an Jiaotong University
- You M, Zhong J, Hong Y, Duan Z, Lin M, Xu F. Inkjet printing of upconversion nanoparticles for anti-counterfeit applications. Nanoscale. 2015;7:4423-31 pubmed publisher..The developed technology is promising to use one single substrate for carrying abundant information by printing multilayer patterns composed of luminescent materials with different excitation light sources. ..
- Guo H, Liu D, Gao B, Zhang X, You M, Ren H, et al. Antiproliferative Activity and Cellular Uptake of Evodiamine and Rutaecarpine Based on 3D Tumor Models. Molecules. 2016;21: pubmed publisher..Overall, this study provided a new vision of the anti-tumor activity of EVO and RUT via 3D multicellular spheroids and cellular uptake through the fluorescence of compounds. ..
- Zhang P, An K, Duan X, Xu H, Li F, Xu F. Recent advances in siRNA delivery for cancer therapy using smart nanocarriers. Drug Discov Today. 2018;23:900-911 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide an outlook on the fundamental limitation for clinical translation of siRNA-based nanomedicine that should be overcome by the combination of chemistry, biology, material and medical science. ..
- Yang C, Han X, Jiang X, Lei X, Bai L, Xu F. Relation Between C-X-C Motif Chemokine Receptor 4 Levels and the Presence and Extent of Angiographic Coronary Collaterals in Patients With Chronic Total Coronary Occlusion. Am J Cardiol. 2016;118:1136-1143 pubmed publisher..Elder age, women, diabetes, increased plasma level of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, and N-terminal brain-type natriuretic peptide may be risk factors of CXCR4 expression. ..
- Hu J, Cui X, Gong Y, Xu X, Gao B, Wen T, et al. Portable microfluidic and smartphone-based devices for monitoring of cardiovascular diseases at the point of care. Biotechnol Adv. 2016;34:305-20 pubmed publisher..We envision an integrated smartphone-based system capable of functioning blood tests, disease examination, and imaging will come in the future. ..
- Choi J, Hu J, Feng S, Wan Abas W, Pingguan Murphy B, Xu F. Sensitive biomolecule detection in lateral flow assay with a portable temperature-humidity control device. Biosens Bioelectron. 2016;79:98-107 pubmed publisher..We envision that in the future the portable device could be coupled with a fully integrated paper-based sample-to-answer biosensor for sensitive detection of various target analytes in POC settings. ..
- Cui X, Hu J, Choi J, Huang Y, Wang X, Lu T, et al. A volumetric meter chip for point-of-care quantitative detection of bovine catalase for food safety control. Anal Chim Acta. 2016;935:207-12 pubmed publisher..The meter chip has great potential to detect various target analytes for a wide range of POC applications. ..
- Ma Y, Ji Y, You M, Wang S, Dong Y, Jin G, et al. Labeling and long-term tracking of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in vitro using NaYF4:Yb(3+),Er(3+) upconversion nanoparticles. Acta Biomater. 2016;42:199-208 pubmed publisher..This study provided a necessary reference for the application of UCNPs in stem cell tracking to better understand the mechanism of stem cell fate in tissue engineering, stem cell therapy, etc. ..
- Gao B, Yang Q, Zhao X, Jin G, Ma Y, Xu F. 4D Bioprinting for Biomedical Applications. Trends Biotechnol. 2016;34:746-756 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we review the uses of 4D bioprinting in tissue engineering and drug delivery. Finally, we discuss the major roadblocks to this approach, together with possible solutions, to provide future perspectives on this technology. ..
- Tang R, Yang H, Choi J, Gong Y, Hu J, Feng S, et al. Improved sensitivity of lateral flow assay using paper-based sample concentration technique. Talanta. 2016;152:269-76 pubmed publisher..This simple, low-cost and portable integrated device holds great potential for highly sensitive detection of various target analytes for medical diagnostics, food safety analysis and environmental monitoring. ..
- Hu J, Yew C, Chen X, Feng S, Yang Q, Wang S, et al. Paper-based capacitive sensors for identification and quantification of chemicals at the point of care. Talanta. 2017;165:419-428 pubmed publisher..The PCS-based method enables chemical identification and quantification to take place much cheaply, simply, and quickly at the point-of-care (POC), holding great promise for environmental monitoring in resource-limited settings. ..
- Cheng B, Lin M, Huang G, Li Y, Ji B, Genin G, et al. Cellular mechanosensing of the biophysical microenvironment: A review of mathematical models of biophysical regulation of cell responses. Phys Life Rev. 2017;22-23:88-119 pubmed publisher..The review highlights key successes and failings of existing models, and discusses future opportunities and challenges in the field. ..
- Zhao B, Cui X, Ren W, Xu F, Liu M, Ye Z. A Controllable and Integrated Pump-enabled Microfluidic Chip and Its Application in Droplets Generating. Sci Rep. 2017;7:11319 pubmed publisher..5 kV, 5 Hz when the pump chamber was full of water. We have used the integrated microfluidic chip with two pumps for droplet generation to demonstrate its great potential for application in droplet-based microfluidic chip. ..
- Cheng B, Lin M, Li Y, Huang G, Yang H, Genin G, et al. An Integrated Stochastic Model of Matrix-Stiffness-Dependent Filopodial Dynamics. Biophys J. 2016;111:2051-2061 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results support the hypothesis that mechanical and structural factors combine with signaling kinetics to enable cells to probe their environments via filopodial dynamics. ..
- Cheng B, Lin M, Huang G, Li Y, Ji B, Genin G, et al. Energetics: An emerging frontier in cellular mechanosensing: Reply to comments on "Cellular mechanosensing of the biophysical microenvironment: A review of mathematical models of biophysical regulation of cell responses". Phys Life Rev. 2017;22-23:130-135 pubmed publisher..In this response, we highlight some promising research aimed at resolving this conundrum. ..
- Liu H, Liu S, Jiao J, Lu T, Xu F. Trichomes as a natural biophysical barrier for plants and their bioinspired applications. Soft Matter. 2017;13:5096-5106 pubmed publisher..This review offers a new perspective of interdisciplinary research on both trichome functions and their biomimetic applications. ..
- Tang R, Yang H, Gong Y, Liu Z, Li X, Wen T, et al. Improved Analytical Sensitivity of Lateral Flow Assay using Sponge for HBV Nucleic Acid Detection. Sci Rep. 2017;7:1360 pubmed publisher..The improved LFA holds great potential for diseases diagnostics, food safety control and environment monitoring at point-of-care. ..
- Dong Y, Jin G, Ji C, He R, Lin M, Zhao X, et al. Non-invasive tracking of hydrogel degradation using upconversion nanoparticles. Acta Biomater. 2017;55:410-419 pubmed publisher..This study provides inspirations on developing advanced NIR light regulated probes with great clinical translation potentials. ..
- Cao L, Cui X, Hu J, Li Z, Choi J, Yang Q, et al. Advances in digital polymerase chain reaction (dPCR) and its emerging biomedical applications. Biosens Bioelectron. 2017;90:459-474 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide a glimpse of the existing challenges and future perspectives for dPCR. ..
- Hu J, Wang L, Li F, Han Y, Lin M, Lu T, et al. Oligonucleotide-linked gold nanoparticle aggregates for enhanced sensitivity in lateral flow assays. Lab Chip. 2013;13:4352-7 pubmed publisher..The methodology described here could be used to detect a broad range of nucleic acids, and the general signal amplification approach could be potentially adopted in other types of LFAs. ..
- Han Y, Wang W, Hu J, Huang G, Wang S, Lee W, et al. Benchtop fabrication of three-dimensional reconfigurable microfluidic devices from paper-polymer composite. Lab Chip. 2013;13:4745-9 pubmed publisher..The developed method can be applied in a wide range of standard applications and emerging technologies such as liquid-phase electronics. ..