Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Wuhan University
- Li B, Zhu Y, Chen H, Gao H, He H, Zuo N, et al. Decreased H3K9ac level of AT2R mediates the developmental origin of glomerulosclerosis induced by prenatal dexamethasone exposure in male offspring rats. Toxicology. 2019;411:32-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PDE induced the offspring's kidney dysplasia as well as adult glomerulosclerosis, which was mediated by a sustained decrease in renal AT2R expression via decreasing the H3 K9ac level. ..
- Shangguan Y, Wen Y, Tan Y, Qin J, Jiang H, Magdalou J, et al. Intrauterine Programming of Glucocorticoid-Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Axis-Mediated Developmental Origin of Osteoporosis Susceptibility in Female Offspring Rats with Prenatal Caffeine Exposure. Am J Pathol. 2018;188:2863-2876 pubmed publisher
- Huang M, Wang H, Guo Y, Ping J, Chen M, Xu D, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphism of CYP3A4 intron 2 and its influence on CYP3A4 mRNA expression and liver enzymatic activity in human liver. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2015;35:502-507 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study indicates that the appropriate selection of probe substrates is very important in studying the relationship between the genotype and phenotype of CYP3A4. ..
- Hu H, Zhao X, Ma J, Shangguan Y, Pan Z, Chen L, et al. Prenatal nicotine exposure retards osteoclastogenesis and endochondral ossification in fetal long bones in rats. Toxicol Lett. 2018;295:249-255 pubmed publisher..The adverse effects of PNE may be mediated via the direct effect of nicotine and indirect effect of maternal corticosterone on osteoblastic cells. ..
- Xie Z, Zhao Z, Yang X, Pei L, Luo H, Ni Q, et al. Prenatal nicotine exposure intergenerationally programs imperfect articular cartilage via histone deacetylation through maternal lineage. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;352:107-118 pubmed publisher..This study may be helpful to elucidate the developmental variability of articular cartilage quality and useful for the early prevention of articular damage. ..
- Ni Q, Wang L, Wu Y, Shen L, Qin J, Liu Y, et al. Prenatal ethanol exposure induces the osteoarthritis-like phenotype in female adult offspring rats with a post-weaning high-fat diet and its intrauterine programming mechanisms of cholesterol metabolism. Toxicol Lett. 2015;238:117-25 pubmed publisher..This study showed PEE could induce an enhanced susceptibility to HFD-induced OA in adult female IUGR offspring. The underlying mechanism related to cholesterol accumulation in cartilage mediated by intrauterine programming. ..
- Chen Z, Zhao X, Li Y, Zhang R, Nie Z, Cheng X, et al. Course-, dose-, and stage-dependent toxic effects of prenatal dexamethasone exposure on long bone development in fetal mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;351:12-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PDE with multiple course, higher dose, or exposure at an early stage of pregnancy have stronger toxic effects on bone development of fetal mice. ..
- Liu M, Chen B, Pei L, Zhang Q, Zou Y, Xiao H, et al. Decreased H3K9ac level of StAR mediated testicular dysplasia induced by prenatal dexamethasone exposure in male offspring rats. Toxicology. 2018;408:1-10 pubmed publisher..Taken together, PDE caused testicular dysplasia before and after birth in male offspring rats, and its mechanism was related to the low-expressional programming of StAR mediated by decreasing H3K9ac level. ..
- Guo Y, Luo H, Wu Y, Magdalou J, Chen L, Wang H. Influencing factors, underlying mechanism and interactions affecting hypercholesterolemia in adult offspring with caffeine exposure during pregnancy. Reprod Toxicol. 2018;79:47-56 pubmed publisher..This study confirmed the influencing factors (such as a HFD and female gender) of hypercholesterolemia in IUGR offspring providing theoretical and experimental bases for the effective prevention of fetal-originated hypercholesterolemia. ..
- Wu Y, Luo H, Kou H, Wen Y, Shen L, Pei L, et al. Prenatal caffeine exposure induced a lower level of fetal blood leptin mainly via placental mechanism. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015;289:109-16 pubmed publisher..Together, PCE decreased fetal blood leptin mainly via reducing the expression and transportation of leptin in the placenta. ..
- Yu L, Zhou J, Zhang G, Huang W, Pei L, Lv F, et al. cAMP/PKA/EGR1 signaling mediates the molecular mechanism of ethanol-induced inhibition of placental 11β-HSD2 expression. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;352:77-86 pubmed publisher..Together, PEE reduced placental 11β-HSD2 expression, and the underlying mechanism is associated with ethanol-induced histone modification changes to the HSD11B2 promoter through the cAMP/PKA/EGR1 pathway. ..
- Tan Y, Lu K, Li J, Ni Q, Zhao Z, Magdalou J, et al. Prenatal caffeine exprosure increases adult female offspring rat's susceptibility to osteoarthritis via low-functional programming of cartilage IGF-1 with histone acetylation. Toxicol Lett. 2018;295:229-236 pubmed publisher..Then, the delayed cartilage development increased susceptibility to osteoarthritis in offsprings. ..
- Lu J, Jiao Z, Yu Y, Zhang C, He X, Li Q, et al. Programming for increased expression of hippocampal GAD67 mediated the hypersensitivity of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in male offspring rats with prenatal ethanol exposure. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:659 pubmed publisher..Programming for the increased expression of hippocampal GAD67 is a potential mechanism responsible for the hypersensitivity of the HPAA in PEE male rats. ..
- Zhang G, Zhou J, Huang W, Yu L, Zhang Y, Wang H. Placental mechanism of prenatal nicotine exposure-reduced blood cholesterol levels in female fetal rats. Toxicol Lett. 2018;296:31-38 pubmed publisher..Taken together, nicotine could inhibit the expression of SR-B1, ABCA1 and ABCG1 via nAChR and LXR ?/? in female placentas, finally leading to reduced blood cholesterol levels in fetal rats. ..
- Xiao H, Wen Y, Pan Z, Shangguan Y, Qin J, Tan Y, et al. Increased H3K27ac level of ACE mediates the intergenerational effect of low peak bone mass induced by prenatal dexamethasone exposure in male offspring rats. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:638 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, PDE induced the low peak bone mass and its intergenerational effect, which was mediated by sustained activation of RAS via increasing H3K27ac level of ACE. ..
- Huang H, Liu L, Li J, Zhu C, Xie X, Ao Y, et al. Autophagy as a compensation mechanism participates in ethanol-induced fetal adrenal dysfunction in female rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;345:36-47 pubmed publisher..Autophagy may be a compensatory mechanism for the PEE-induced inhibition of fetal adrenal steroidogenesis to maintain fetal adrenal development. ..
- Tie K, Tan Y, Deng Y, Li J, Ni Q, Magdalou J, et al. Prenatal nicotine exposure induces poor articular cartilage quality in female adult offspring fed a high-fat diet and the intrauterine programming mechanisms. Reprod Toxicol. 2016;60:11-20 pubmed publisher..Therefore, PNE induced poor articular cartilage quality in female adult offspring fed a high-fat diet via a dual programming mechanism. ..
- Liu L, Wang J, Fan J, Rao Y, Liu F, Yan Y, et al. Nicotine Suppressed Fetal Adrenal StAR Expression via YY1 Mediated-Histone Deacetylation Modification Mechanism. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..These data indicated that YY1-medicated histone deacetylation modification in StAR promoters might play an important role in the inhibitory effect of nicotine on StAR expression. ..
- Chen G, Yuan C, Duan F, Liu Y, Zhang J, He Z, et al. IGF1/MAPK/ERK signaling pathway-mediated programming alterations of adrenal cortex cell proliferation by prenatal caffeine exposure in male offspring rats. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2018;341:64-76 pubmed publisher..The underlying mechanism is associated with the inhibition of fetal adrenal IGF1-related MAPK/ERK signaling pathway caused by high glucocorticoid levels. ..
- Chen Z, Zhao Z, Li Y, Zhang X, Li B, Chen L, et al. Course-, dose-, and stage-dependent toxic effects of prenatal dexamethasone exposure on fetal articular cartilage development. Toxicol Lett. 2018;286:1-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, PDE induces fetal developmental toxicity and articular cartilage developmental toxicity in a course-, dose-, and stage-dependent manner. ..
- Wen Y, Qin J, Deng Y, Wang H, Magdalou J, Chen L. The critical role of UDP-galactose-4-epimerase in osteoarthritis: modulating proteoglycans synthesis of the articular chondrocytes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;452:906-11 pubmed publisher..These data indicated a critical role of GALE in maintaining cartilage homeostasis, and suggested that GALE inhibition might contribute to OA progress. ..
- He B, Chen P, Xie Y, Li S, Zhang X, Yang R, et al. 20(R)-Ginsenoside Rg3 protects SH-SY5Y cells against apoptosis induced by oxygen and glucose deprivation/reperfusion. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2017;27:3867-3871 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, 20(R)-Rg3 exerts a neuroprotective effect against OGD/R-induced apoptosis. ..
- He Z, Lv F, Ding Y, Zhu C, Huang H, Zhang L, et al. Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 Mediates Adrenal Development Dysfunction in Offspring Rats Induced by Prenatal Food Restriction. Arch Med Res. 2017;48:488-497 pubmed publisher..These results showed that a higher level of circulation corticosterone by PFR in utero inhibited adrenal IGF1 signaling and steroidogenesis, whereas post-weaning HFD induced adrenal steroidogenesis by an enhanced IGF1 signaling. ..
- Yan Y, Liu L, Wang J, Liu F, Li X, Qin H, et al. Prenatal nicotinic exposure suppresses fetal adrenal steroidogenesis via steroidogenic factor 1 (SF-1) deacetylation. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2014;277:231-41 pubmed publisher..Thus, nicotine-mediated reduction of SF-1 expression resulted in an inhibitory effect on the expression of its target genes and steroid production via histone deacetylation. ..
- Lu X, Xiang Y, Yang G, Zhang L, Wang H, Zhong S. Transcriptomic characterization of zebrafish larvae in response to mercury exposure. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2017;192:40-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, these findings provide useful insights to help further understand the transcriptional response and detoxification ability of zebrafish larvae following acute exposure to mercury. ..
- Kou H, Wang G, Pei L, Zhang L, Shi C, Guo Y, et al. Effects of prenatal caffeine exposure on glucose homeostasis of adult offspring rats. Naturwissenschaften. 2017;104:89 pubmed publisher..The adaptive compensatory enhancement of ? cell responsiveness to glucose and elevated insulin sensitivity mainly mediated by upregulated hepatic insulin signaling might coordinately contribute to the increased glucose tolerance. ..
- Pei L, Yuan C, Guo Y, Kou H, Xia L, Zhang L, et al. Prenatal caffeine exposure induced high susceptibility to metabolic syndrome in adult female offspring rats and its underlying mechanisms. Reprod Toxicol. 2017;71:150-158 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that PCE adult female offspring rats were highly susceptible to MS, which is related to HPAA-associated neuroendocrine-metabolic programming disorder. ..
- Ping J, Wang J, Liu L, Yan Y, Liu F, Lei Y, et al. Prenatal caffeine ingestion induces aberrant DNA methylation and histone acetylation of steroidogenic factor 1 and inhibits fetal adrenal steroidogenesis. Toxicology. 2014;321:53-61 pubmed publisher..These effects may contribute to the inhibition of the expression of SF-1 and its associated steroidogenic enzymes and the production of corticosterone during fetal development. ..