Shou ling WU
- Dong Y, Yao T, Sun J, Song S, Zhou J, Gao X, et al. [Prevalence of isolated diastolic hypertension and associated cardiovascular risk: four years follow up results]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2014;42:520-5 pubmed..Aging, higher systolic pressure, higher sensitivity C-reactive protein and excessive salt intake are risk factors for IDH subjects to suffer from ISH and SDH. ..
- Gao J, Liang X, Shi J, Huang Z, Wei X, Li H, et al. [Impact of ideal cardiovascular health behaviors and factors on resting heart rate in individuals without cardiovascular diseases]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2014;42:778-83 pubmed..71-0.87), 0.68 (0.62-0.75), 0.61 (0.55-0.67), 0.52 (0.47-0.58), 0.50 (0.44-0.56), 0.49 (0.40-0.60) respectively. Ideal cardiovascular health behavior and factors is related to lower RHR in individuals without cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Ji C, Zheng X, Chen S, Dong Y, Yang G, Gao X, et al. [Impact of resting heart rate on the progression to hypertension in prehypertension patients]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2014;42:860-5 pubmed..Elevated RHR is an independent risk factor for the progression to hypertension in patients with prehypertension. ..
- Wang Y, Tao J, Dong Y, Chen S, Gao X, Ji C, et al. [Effect of different levels of systolic blood pressure on brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2014;35:655-9 pubmed..70 (95% CI:2.20-3.32), 4.56(95% CI: 3.67-5.67) and 13.51 (95% CI:10.87-16.78), respectively. Higher SBP seemed an independent risk factor for the increase of baPWV. ..
- Li Y, Han H, Chen S, Lu Y, Zhu L, Wen W, et al. [Effects related to experiences of famine during early life on diabetes mellitus and impaired fasting glucose during adulthood]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2014;35:852-5 pubmed..959). Experiences of famine during early life increased the risk of diabetes mellitus and impaired fasting glucose in the adulthood. However, this negative effect existed mainly in the males, according to the results from our study. ..
- Tao J, Li D, Dong Y, Wu S. [Relationship between resting heart rate and brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity in healthy Chinese population]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2014;42:686-92 pubmed..RHR is positively associated with baPWV in healthy Chinese population. ..
- Huang Y, Wang Z, Liu X, Li W, Wang M, Chen S, et al. [Effects of high resting heart rate on the stability of carotid artery plaque in a middle and advanced aged population]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014;94:2308-11 pubmed..The odds ratio was 1.290 (95% CI 1.039-1.062). High RHR can increase the risk of carotid artery unstable plaque in middle and advanced aged population. ..
- Xing A, Ji C, Shi J, Du X, Huang Z, Lin L, et al. [Relationship between ideal cardiovascular behaviors/factors and the prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2015;36:40-4 pubmed..56-0.66), 0.37(0.34-0.40), 0.17(0.15-0.18) and 0.08 (0.07-0.09), respectively, in the 2, 3, 4, 5-7 ideal behaviors/factors groups. Ideal cardiovascular health behaviors and factors were associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. ..
- Wang J, Wu J, Zhang S, Zhang L, Wang C, Gao X, et al. Elevated fasting glucose as a potential predictor for asymptomatic cerebral artery stenosis: a cross-sectional study in Chinese adults. Atherosclerosis. 2014;237:661-5 pubmed publisher..31-3.49). However, fasting glucose level was not significantly associated with ECCS. Our results showed that elevated fasting glucose levels are associated with asymptomatic cerebral artery stenosis, especially ICAS and IECS. ..
- Huang Y, Wang Z, Liu X, Li W, Wang M, Chen S, et al. [Effect of high resting heart rate on the detection rate of carotid artery plaque in elderly population]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2014;35:1053-7 pubmed..6%, when compared with that of the low RHR group. The OR value was 1.226 (95%CI:1.018-1.477). High RHR could increase the risk of carotid artery plaque. ..
- Chen L, Zhou Y, Li S, Williams G, Kan H, Marks G, et al. Air pollution and fasting blood glucose: A longitudinal study in China. Sci Total Environ. 2016;541:750-755 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the findings suggest that air pollution increases the levels of FBG. Vulnerable people should pay more attention on highly polluted days to prevent air pollution-related health issues. ..
- Wang G, Li N, Cao L, Chen S, Guo L, Su K, et al. [Association between the level of high sensitivity C-reactive protein and risk of breast cancer among non-diabetic females: a prospective study in Kailuan group]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2014;36:944-8 pubmed..Further follow-up and etiological exploration will help to evaluate the association between the hsCRP level and the risk of breast cancer more reliably. ..
- Wang L, Tian Q, Wu A, Kan S, Tao J, Dong Y, et al. [Influence of low birth weight on the increased risk of post-partum hypertension]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2014;35:779-83 pubmed..02-2.53) folds higher than that in the non-LBWI group. Prevalence of hypertension in women with LBWI was higher than that in those women without LBWI. History of LBWI seemed to have had an increased risk to develop hypertension. ..
- Liu Y, Huang Z, Vaidya A, Li J, Curhan G, Wu S, et al. A longitudinal study of altered taste and smell perception and change in blood pressure. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2018;28:877-883 pubmed publisher..No significant association was observed in individuals with altered taste or smell perception only. Our results suggest an association between chemosensory function and blood pressure. ..
- Li D, Tao J, Dong Y, Zhao H, Gao X, Ji C, et al. [Impact of premature birth on long term cardio-cerebral vascular events of puerpera]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2014;42:598-602 pubmed..03 fold (95% CI: 1.02-4.04, P = 0.002) and 3.11 fold (95% CI: 1.18-8.18, P < 0.001) higher than in NPTB group. PTB is an independent risk factor for total cardio-cerebral vascular events, especially myocardial infarction of puerpera. ..
- Xing F, Dong Y, Tao J, Gao X, Zhou J, Chen S, et al. [Impact of isolated diastolic hypertension on new-onset cardiovascular and cerebro-vascular diseases]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi. 2014;35:956-60 pubmed..IDH was the independent risk factor for the total cardio-cerebral vascular events, on both cerebral infarction and cerebral hemorrhage. The predicted values of IDH for different CVD events were diverse on different age groups. ..
- Wu Y, Hou J, Li J, Luo Y, Wu S. Correlation between Carotid Intima-Media Thickness and Early-Stage Chronic Kidney Disease: Results from Asymptomatic Polyvascular Abnormalities in Community Study. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:259-65 pubmed publisher..This association is independent of traditional and nontraditional cardiovascular risk factors. Early detection of kidney dysfunction is important to improve risk stratification of atherosclerotic disease. ..
- Wang L, Shi J, Zhu J, Huang H, Bai Y, Liu G, et al. Health-related quality of life and utility scores of patients with breast neoplasms in China: A multicenter cross-sectional survey. Breast. 2018;39:53-62 pubmed publisher..The utility scores deteriorate with the severity of breast neoplasms. Detailed utility scores of breast cancer and precancer are fundamental for further cost-utility analysis in China. ..
- Hou J, Li J, Wang J, Lu D, Wang R, Huang J, et al. [The prediction of high-sensitivity C reactive protein for peripheral arterial sclerosis in middle-aged population]. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2015;49:883-7 pubmed..69 (0.67-0.71), 0.75 (0.73-0.77), respectively. The hsCRP level could not predict the peripheral arteriosclerosis alone, and the combined age and systolic blood pressure level could have better predictive value. ..
- Li S, Zhou Y, Williams G, Jaakkola J, Ou C, Chen S, et al. Seasonality and temperature effects on fasting plasma glucose: A population-based longitudinal study in China. Diabetes Metab. 2016;42:267-75 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that there may be strong relationships between FPG levels and season and ambient temperature. In particular, there were higher FPG levels in the winter and at extreme cold and hot temperatures. ..
- Yan N, Zhou Y, Wang Y, Wang A, Yang X, Russell A, et al. Association of Ideal Cardiovascular Health and Brachial-Ankle Pulse Wave Velocity: A Cross-Sectional Study in Northern China. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016;25:41-8 pubmed publisher..001). The favorable score of ideal CVH was inversely related to baPWV in Chinese adults, supporting the use of ideal CVH metrics as a useful tool for public health efforts. ..
- Huang X, Wang A, Liu X, Chen S, Zhu Y, Liu Y, et al. Association between high sensitivity C-Reactive protein and prevalence of asymptomatic carotid artery stenosis. Atherosclerosis. 2016;246:44-9 pubmed publisher..Both baseline and chronic elevation of serum hs-CRP were associated with ACAS, especially in older or male adults. hs-CRP might be used as a useful marker and a potential therapeutic target for carotid atherosclerosis. ..
- Wang A, Chen G, Cao Y, Liu X, Su Z, Luo Y, et al. Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate, Proteinuria, and Risk of Cardiovascular Diseases and All-cause Mortality in Diabetic Population: a Community-based Cohort Study. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17948 pubmed publisher..Both lower eGFR and proteinuria are independent risk factors for all-cause mortality in the Chinese diabetic population. Proteinuria conferred excessive risk for CVDs, and especially in women. ..
- Sang D, Tao J, Song D, Huang K, Xu J, Dong Y, et al. [Impact of ideal health behaviors and factors on the newly developed carotid plaques]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2015;43:816-21 pubmed..52(0.34-0.80) and 0.28(0.12-0.64), respectively. Higher number of ideal cardiovascular health behaviors and factors is associated with lower incidence of newly developed carotid plaques. ..
- An S, Zheng X, Li Z, Wang Y, Wu Y, Zhang W, et al. [Correlation between long time systolic blood pressure variability and short time systolic blood pressure in aged population]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2015;43:982-8 pubmed..41 mmHg (OR=1.10, 95%CI: 0.75-1.61, P=0.639) and nighttime SSD>11.11 mmHg (OR=0.98, 95%CI: 0.67-1.42, P=0.899). Increased long time SBPV is a risk factor for increasing daytime SBPV. ..
- Wang A, Chen G, Su Z, Liu X, Yuan X, Jiang R, et al. Carotid intima-media thickness and cognitive function in a middle-aged and older adult community: a cross-sectional study. J Neurol. 2016;263:2097-104 pubmed publisher..There is a significant association between CIMT and cognitive function among middle-aged and older adults sampled from a Chinese population. This association was stronger in older adults and adults with low education levels. ..
- Liu H, Wu S, Li Y, Sun L, Huang Z, Lin L, et al. Body mass index and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A prospective cohort study of 11,449 participants. J Diabetes Complications. 2017;31:328-333 pubmed publisher..949). After stratifying for age tertiles, this trend remained. In T2DM patients in north China, the risk for all-cause mortality was lower in the overweight and the obese groups than those in the normal weight and the underweight groups. ..
- Wang A, Huang X, Liu X, Su Z, Wu J, Chen S, et al. No Association Between High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein and Carotid Intima-Media Progression: The APAC Study. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis. 2017;26:252-259 pubmed publisher..The hs-CRP levels in early atherosclerosis might be considered as risk markers rather than having a causal role. ..
- Liu X, Song Q, Hu W, Han X, Gan J, Zheng X, et al. Night Sleep Duration and Risk of Incident Anemia in a Chinese Population: A Prospective Cohort Study. Sci Rep. 2018;8:3975 pubmed publisher..29; 95% CI, 1.56-3.37), not in men(HR, 0.90; 95% CI, 0.60-1.34). Both short and long night sleep duration were associated with increased risk of anemia. ..
- Wu J, Jia J, Li Z, Pan H, Wang A, Guo X, et al. Association of estimated glomerular filtration rate and proteinuria with all-cause mortality in community-based population in China: A Result from Kailuan Study. Sci Rep. 2018;8:2157 pubmed publisher..A combination of severely decreased eGFR and proteinuria increases the risk of all-cause mortality, which is even over 5-fold higher in females. ..
- Dai H, Lu Y, Song L, Tang X, Li Y, Chen R, et al. Visit-to-visit Variability of Blood Pressure and Risk of Stroke: Results of the Kailuan Cohort Study. Sci Rep. 2017;7:285 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, higher visit-to-visit BP variability might be an important target to reduce stroke risk, particularly for hemorrhagic stroke. ..
- Wang X, Liu X, Song Q, Wu S. Sleep duration and risk of myocardial infarction and all-cause death in a Chinese population: the Kailuan study. Sleep Med. 2016;19:13-6 pubmed publisher..01. However, no significant association was seen between sleep duration and myocardial infarction. Both short and long duration of sleep might be potential predictors/markers for all-cause death, but not for myocardial infarction. ..
- Wang A, Su Z, Liu X, Yang Y, Chen S, Wang S, et al. Brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity and metabolic syndrome in general population: the APAC study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016;16:228 pubmed..0001). baPWV was associated with MetS and was greater with increasing numbers of MetS components. Elevated blood pressure was the most important factor for baPWV. ..
- Zheng Y, Liang L, Qin T, Yang G, An S, Wang Y, et al. Cross-section analysis of coal workers' pneumoconiosis and higher brachial-ankle pulse wave velocity within Kailuan study. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:148 pubmed publisher..001). For patients with CWP, increased baPWV was associated with traditional cardiovascular risk factors and long-term silica dust exposure. ..
- Li X, Wang A, Wang J, Wu J, Wang D, Gao X, et al. Association between High-density-lipoprotein-cholesterol Levels and the Prevalence of Asymptomatic Intracranial Arterial Stenosis. Sci Rep. 2017;7:573 pubmed publisher..76-1.27, 0.78-1.29, 0.71-1.19, and 0.66-1.13, respectively. The study showed little correlation between HDL-C levels and asymptomatic ICAS. Normal levels of HDL-C are not an independent risk factor for asymptomatic ICAS. ..
- Zheng X, Zhang R, Liu X, Zhao H, Liu H, Gao J, et al. Association between cumulative exposure to ideal cardiovascular health and arterial stiffness. Atherosclerosis. 2017;260:56-62 pubmed publisher..What is more, the results of sensitivity analysis had no influence on our results. Exposure to higher cumCVH can prevent the increase in baPWV and reduce the incidence of arterial stiffness. ..
- Wang B, Li H, Han X, Yang Y, Chen Y, Li W, et al. Elevated Long Term Resting Heart Rate Variation is Associated with Increased Risk of All-cause Mortality in Northern China. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8043 pubmed publisher..43, 95% confidence interval 1.18-1.74, P?<?0.001). These findings suggest that an elevated long-term RHR variation is an independent risk marker for all-cause mortality in the general population without known cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Wang A, Sun Y, Liu X, Su Z, Li J, Luo Y, et al. Changes in proteinuria and the risk of myocardial infarction in people with diabetes or pre-diabetes: a prospective cohort study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2017;16:104 pubmed publisher..These findings may help clinicians to interpret proteinuria changes in the outpatient setting and provide possible preventive approaches for people with pre-diabetes or diabetes. ..
- Li Z, Li J, Wang A, Pan H, Wu S, Zhao X. Decreased Estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate (eGFR), Not Proteinuria, Is Associated with Asymptomatic Intracranial Arterial Stenosis in Chinese General Population. Sci Rep. 2017;7:4619 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, declined eGFR, not proteinuria, is associated with asymptomatic ICAS in Chinese general population, especially in people over 60 years old. ..
- Song Q, Liu X, Hu W, Zhou W, Liu A, Wang X, et al. Long Sleep Duration Is an Independent Risk Factor for Incident Atrial Fibrillation in a Chinese Population: A Prospective Cohort Study. Sci Rep. 2017;7:3679 pubmed publisher..75/0.25). We conclude long sleep duration may be a potential predictor/marker for incident atrial fibrillation. ..
- Zhang Q, Jiang R, Wang Y, Zhang S, Chen S, Zhang Y, et al. Relation of Ideal Cardiovascular Health Metrics to Asymptomatic Polyvascular Disease in a Chinese Population. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:393-398 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we observed a significant inverse gradient association between the number of ideal CVH metrics and prevalence of asymptomatic polyVD. ..
- Wu Y, Song L, Liu X, Gao J, Zheng X, Ruan C, et al. Time-cumulated blood pressure exposure and incident impairment of glucose tolerance and diabetes mellitus. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:106 pubmed publisher..04(95% CI:1.03,1.04) and 1.03(95% CI:1.02,1.03), respectively. Time-cumulated exposure to elevated blood pressure was significantly associated with an elevated incidence of impaired glucose tolerance and diabetes. ..
- Zhang Q, Wang A, Zhang S, Li N, Chen S, Zhang Y, et al. Asymptomatic polyvascular disease and the risks of cardiovascular events and all-cause death. Atherosclerosis. 2017;262:1-7 pubmed publisher..86). PolyVD significantly increased the risk of major cardiovascular events and all-cause death in the asymptomatic community population. Performing invasive screening tests for polyVD is useful in the high-risk asymptomatic population. ..
- Wang A, Sun Y, Liu X, Su Z, Li J, Luo Y, et al. Erratum to: Changes in proteinuria and the risk of myocardial infarction in people with diabetes or pre-diabetes: a prospective cohort study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2017;16:117 pubmed publisher..Following publication of the original article , the authors reported that figure 2 had not been replaced with the correct figure as indicated in the proofs. ..