Affiliation: University of Hong Kong
- Xu A, Lam M, Chan K, Wang Y, Zhang J, Hoo R, et al. Angiopoietin-like protein 4 decreases blood glucose and improves glucose tolerance but induces hyperlipidemia and hepatic steatosis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:6086-91 pubmed..These results collectively indicate that ANGPTL4 exerts distinct effects on glucose and lipid metabolism, and that its beneficial effect on glucose homeostasis might be useful for the treatment of diabetes. ..
- Wong C, Wang Y, Lee J, Huang Z, Wu D, Xu A, et al. Adropin is a brain membrane-bound protein regulating physical activity via the NB-3/Notch signaling pathway in mice. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:25976-86 pubmed publisher..It regulates physical activity and motor coordination via the NB-3/Notch signaling pathway and plays an important role in cerebellum development in mice. ..
- Xu A, Yin S, Wong L, Chan K, Lam K. Adiponectin ameliorates dyslipidemia induced by the human immunodeficiency virus protease inhibitor ritonavir in mice. Endocrinology. 2004;145:487-94 pubmed..These results suggest that hypoadiponectinemia is partly responsible for the metabolic disorders induced by HIV PIs, and adiponectin or its agonists might be useful for the treatment of these disorders. ..
- Xu A, Wong L, Wang Y, Xu J, Cooper G, Lam K. Chronic treatment with growth hormone stimulates adiponectin gene expression in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. FEBS Lett. 2004;572:129-34 pubmed....
- Xu A, Chan K, Hoo R, Wang Y, Tan K, Zhang J, et al. Testosterone selectively reduces the high molecular weight form of adiponectin by inhibiting its secretion from adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18073-80 pubmed....