Js Malik Peiris
Affiliation: University of Hong Kong
- Luk G, Leung C, Sia S, Choy K, Zhou J, Ho C, et al. Transmission of H7N9 Influenza Viruses with a Polymorphism at PB2 Residue 627 in Chickens and Ferrets. J Virol. 2015;89:9939-51 pubmed publisher..In addition, PB2-V627 was transmitted and stably maintained in both avian and mammalian species. Our results support applying intervention strategies that minimize direct and indirect contact at the poultry markets during epidemics. ..
- Peiris J, Hui K, Yen H. Host response to influenza virus: protection versus immunopathology. Curr Opin Immunol. 2010;22:475-81 pubmed publisher..Understanding pathogenesis will help develop novel therapeutic options that minimize immunopathology without impairing beneficial host defenses. ..
- Ng M, Zhou G, Chong W, Lee L, Law H, Zhang H, et al. The association of RANTES polymorphism with severe acute respiratory syndrome in Hong Kong and Beijing Chinese. BMC Infect Dis. 2007;7:50 pubmed..However, -28 CG (OR = 4.27, 95%CI:1.64-11.1) and GG (OR = 3.34, 95%CI:0.37-30.7) were associated with admission to intensive care units or death due to SARS (P = 0.011). RANTES -28 G allele plays a role in the pathogenesis of SARS. ..
- Wong E, Smith D, Rabadan R, Peiris M, Poon L. Codon usage bias and the evolution of influenza A viruses. Codon Usage Biases of Influenza Virus. BMC Evol Biol. 2010;10:253 pubmed publisher..Human influenza viruses are subject to selection pressure on codon usage which might assist in understanding the characteristics of newly emerging viruses. ..
- Chan M, Chan R, Yu W, Ho C, Yuen K, Fong J, et al. Tropism and innate host responses of the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus in ex vivo and in vitro cultures of human conjunctiva and respiratory tract. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1828-40 pubmed publisher..These findings are therefore relevant for understanding transmission and therapy...