Godfrey Cf Chan
Affiliation: University of Hong Kong
- Arresting rampant dental caries with silver diamine fluoride in a young teenager suffering from chronic oral graft versus host disease post-bone marrow transplantation: a case reportChun Hung Chu
Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
BMC Res Notes 7:3. 2014..This case describes the management of rampant caries in a young teenager suffering from chronic oral graft versus host disease after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation...
- The immunomodulatory and anticancer properties of propolisGodfrey Chi Fung Chan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, LKS Faculty of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, People Republic of China
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 44:262-73. 2013..However, standardized quality controls and good design clinical trials are essential before either propolis or its active ingredients can be adopted routinely in our future therapeutic armamentarium...
- Effects of chelators (deferoxamine, deferiprone and deferasirox) on the growth of Klebsiella pneumoniae and Aeromonas hydrophila isolated from transfusion-dependent thalassemia patientsGodfrey Chi Fung Chan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Hemoglobin 33:352-60. 2009..Therefore, we suggest that factors other than DFO may account for the increased prevalence of Klebsiella and Aeromonas infection in Asian thalassemic patients...
- Comparison of subcutaneous infusion needles for transfusion-dependent thalassemia patients by the intrapersonal cross-over assessment modelG C F Chan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Am J Hematol 76:398-404. 2004..It induced fewer local skin reactions such as pain, itchiness, tenderness, and swelling. However, recommendations for its routine clinical use require further cost-effectiveness analysis...
- Use of midazolam and ketamine as sedation for children undergoing minor operative proceduresD K L Cheuk
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, 121 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Support Care Cancer 13:1001-9. 2005..We used intravenous midazolam and ketamine for children undergoing minor operative procedures with satisfactory results. We aimed to further evaluate its efficacy and adverse effects in pediatric ward setting...
- Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharides can induce human monocytic leukemia cells into dendritic cells with immuno-stimulatory functionWing Keung Chan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China
J Hematol Oncol 1:9. 2008..The question of how leukemic cells especially in monocytic lineage respond to GL-PS stimuli remains unclear...
- The effects of beta-glucan on human immune and cancer cellsGodfrey Chi Fung Chan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Hematol Oncol 2:25. 2009..Future effort should direct at performing well-designed clinical trials to verify the actual clinical efficacy of beta-glucans or beta-glucans containing compounds...
- Multi-center transferability of a breath-hold T2 technique for myocardial iron assessmentTaigang He
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 10:11. 2008..This cardiac T2 technique has good interstudy reproducibility, but its transferability to different centres has not yet been investigated...
- Prolonged exposure to bacterial toxins downregulated expression of toll-like receptors in mesenchymal stromal cell-derived osteoprogenitorsIrene Fung Ying Mo
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China
BMC Cell Biol 9:52. 2008..This study investigated whether proliferation and osteogenic differentiation of MSCs would be affected by potent gram-positive and gram-negative derived bacterial toxins commonly found in human settings...
- Phenotypic and functional abnormalities of bone marrow-derived dendritic cells in systemic lupus erythematosusYing J Nie
Department of Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, PR China
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R91. 2010..However, whether DC abnormalities occur during their development in the bone marrow (BM) or in the periphery is not known...