Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- An X, Su J, Li B, Ouyang W, Zhao Y, Chen Q, et al. Tracking antibiotic resistome during wastewater treatment using high throughput quantitative PCR. Environ Int. 2018;117:146-153 pubmed publisher..This study tracked the footprint of ARGs during wastewater treatment process, which would support the assessment on the spread of ARGs from WWTPs and provide data for identifying management options to improve ARG mitigation in WWTPs. ..
- Liu L, Wang Z, Ju F, Zhang T. Co-occurrence correlations of heavy metals in sediments revealed using network analysis. Chemosphere. 2015;119:1305-1313 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated its powerful application for revealing the co-occurrence correlations among heavy metals in marine sediments, which could be further applied for other pollutants in various environment systems. ..
- Li B, Wu W, Watson D, Cardenas E, Chao Y, Phillips D, et al. Bacterial Community Shift and Coexisting/Coexcluding Patterns Revealed by Network Analysis in a Uranium-Contaminated Site after Bioreduction Followed by Reoxidation. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2018;84: pubmed publisher..These findings offer new insights into compositions of and associations among bacterial communities and serve as a foundation for future bioreduction implementation and monitoring efforts applied to uranium-contaminated sites. ..
- Huang K, Mao Y, Zhao F, Zhang X, Ju F, Ye L, et al. Free-living bacteria and potential bacterial pathogens in sewage treatment plants. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2018;102:2455-2464 pubmed publisher..g., Pseudomonas aeruginosa) present in the effluent had higher relative abundance after UV disinfection. Overall, the results extend our knowledge regarding the community of potential pathogens (especially free-living pathogens) in STPs. ..
- Xiong W, Wang Y, Sun Y, Ma L, Zeng Q, Jiang X, et al. Antibiotic-mediated changes in the fecal microbiome of broiler chickens define the incidence of antibiotic resistance genes. Microbiome. 2018;6:34 pubmed publisher..These findings will help to optimize therapeutic schemes for the effective treatment of antibiotic resistant pathogens in poultry farms. Resistome variations in faecal microbiome of chickens exposed to chlortetracycline. ..
- Ju F, Wang Y, Lau F, Fung W, Huang D, Xia Y, et al. Anaerobic digestion of chemically enhanced primary treatment (CEPT) sludge and the microbial community structure. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:8975-82 pubmed publisher..Combined, this study supports AD as an efficient technology for CEPT sludge treatment and poses first insights into the microbial community structure. ..
- Chao Y, Mao Y, Yu K, Zhang T. Novel nitrifiers and comammox in a full-scale hybrid biofilm and activated sludge reactor revealed by metagenomic approach. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2016;100:8225-37 pubmed publisher..These findings have significant implications in expanding our knowledge of the biological nitrogen transformations in wastewater treatment. ..
- An W, Guo F, Song Y, Gao N, Bai S, Dai J, et al. Comparative genomics analyses on EPS biosynthesis genes required for floc formation of Zoogloea resiniphila and other activated sludge bacteria. Water Res. 2016;102:494-504 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that floc formation of desired AS bacteria, including CAP strains, facilitate their recruitment into AS and gradual enrichment via repeated AS settling and recycling processes. ..
- Wang Y, Ma L, Mao Y, Jiang X, Xia Y, Yu K, et al. Comammox in drinking water systems. Water Res. 2017;116:332-341 pubmed publisher..The findings of MAGs and the occurrences of AOM in different drinking water systems provided a significant clue that comammox are widely distributed in drinking water systems. ..
- Leng L, Yang P, Mao Y, Wu Z, Zhang T, Lee P. Thermodynamic and physiological study of caproate and 1,3-propanediol co-production through glycerol fermentation and fatty acids chain elongation. Water Res. 2017;114:200-209 pubmed publisher..The knowledge gleaned paves new avenues for the biodiesel industry by upcycling the byproduct crude glycerol into 1,3-PDO and caproate. ..
- Ma L, Li B, Jiang X, Wang Y, Xia Y, Li A, et al. Catalogue of antibiotic resistome and host-tracking in drinking water deciphered by a large scale survey. Microbiome. 2017;5:154 pubmed publisher..The antibiotic resistome catalogue compiled using a large-scale survey provides a useful reference for future studies on the global surveillance and risk management of ARGs in drinking water. . ..
- Guo F, Li B, Yang Y, Deng Y, Qiu J, Li X, et al. Impacts of human activities on distribution of sulfate-reducing prokaryotes and antibiotic resistance genes in marine coastal sediments of Hong Kong. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2016;92: pubmed publisher..In summary, our study provided important hints of the niche differentiation of SRPs and behavior of ARGs in marine coastal sediment. ..
- Su J, An X, Li B, Chen Q, Gillings M, Chen H, et al. Metagenomics of urban sewage identifies an extensively shared antibiotic resistome in China. Microbiome. 2017;5:84 pubmed publisher..This study provides a baseline for investigating environmental dissemination of resistance elements and raises the possibility of using the abundance of resistance genes in sewage as a tool for antibiotic stewardship. ..