Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- Yip P, Thorburn J. Marital status and the risk of suicide: experience from England and Wales, 1982-1996. Psychol Rep. 2004;94:401-7 pubmed..The decrease in suicide rates observed for the period 1982-1996 in England and Wales was mainly attributable to the reduction of suicide rates among the widowed and divorced. ..
- Cheung T, Yip P. Lifestyle and Depression among Hong Kong Nurses. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..Nurses should make therapeutic lifestyle changes to improve their work-life balance and safeguard their functioning at work and personal well-being. ..
- Lo C, Tung K, Chan K, Yip P, Lau J, Wong W, et al. Risk factors for child physical abuse and neglect among Chinese young mothers. Child Abuse Negl. 2017;67:193-206 pubmed publisher..Closer examination of a subgroup of adolescent mothers aged 18 and below shows that family background/structure was an important risk domain for this group. ..
- Chan C, Wong H, Yip P. Associations of relative income deprivation with perceived happiness and self-rated health among the Hong Kong Chinese population. Int J Public Health. 2017;62:697-707 pubmed publisher..The weak tie between RID and self-rated health may relate to the Hong Kong context, where the public health system is relatively equitable and has multiple pro-poor health policies. ..
- Sha F, Chang Q, Law Y, Hong Q, Yip P. Suicide rates in China, 2004-2014: comparing data from two sample-based mortality surveillance systems. BMC Public Health. 2018;18:239 pubmed publisher....
- Cheung T, Wong S, Wong K, Law L, Ng K, Tong M, et al. Depression, Anxiety and Symptoms of Stress among Baccalaureate Nursing Students in Hong Kong: A Cross-Sectional Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2016;13: pubmed publisher..Prevention, including the early detection and treatment of mental disorder, promises to reduce the prevalence of these indicators among this group. ..
- Kwok C, Yip P. Diminishing seasonality of self-harm: Temporal trends in Hong Kong SAR. J Affect Disord. 2017;207:63-68 pubmed publisher..It could be related to the increasing use of social media to connect people, especially the younger generation. The impact of seasonal events and activities, as in the past, has become less significant in the social media era. ..
- Cheung T, Lee P, Yip P. Workplace Violence toward Physicians and Nurses: Prevalence and Correlates in Macau. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017;14: pubmed publisher..i>Conclusions: WPV remains a significant concern in healthcare settings in Macau. Macau's local health authority should consider putting in place a raft of zero-tolerance policies designed to prevent it. ..
- Chang Q, Chan C, Yip P. A meta-analytic review on social relationships and suicidal ideation among older adults. Soc Sci Med. 2017;191:65-76 pubmed publisher..More importantly, our study is the first meta-analysis to provide significant evidence for improving social relationships, especially in perceived bonds, is a promising strategy in reducing late-life suicide risks. ..
- Ho R, Fong T, Yip P. Perceived stress moderates the effects of a randomized trial of dance movement therapy on diurnal cortisol slopes in breast cancer patients. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2017;87:119-126 pubmed publisher..14) than the control group (M=-5.80) at Time 2. The present findings suggest that DMT might have a beneficial effect on diurnal cortisol slopes in breast cancer patients with high levels of distress...
- Chen Y, Chen M, Lui C, Yip P. Female labour force participation and suicide rates in the world. Soc Sci Med. 2017;195:61-67 pubmed publisher..Although the beneficial effect may reach a plateau in countries with the highest HDI/FLPR; whereas in countries with relatively lower HDI/FLPR, increased FLPR were associated with higher suicide rates...
- Cheng Q, Chen F, Lee E, Yip P. The role of media in preventing student suicides: A Hong Kong experience. J Affect Disord. 2017;227:643-648 pubmed publisher..It is essential to sustain the media's coverage of preventive reporting to maintain its enduring effect. ..