Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- Mental health care reforms in Asia: the urgency of now: building a recovery-oriented, community mental health service in chinaSamson Tse
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Psychiatr Serv 64:613-6. 2013....
- Can recovery-oriented mental health services be created in Hong Kong? Struggles and strategiesSamson Tse
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Faculty of Social Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Room 1326, 13 F, K K Leung Building, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Adm Policy Ment Health 40:155-8. 2013..The present authors propose three strategies to guide the transformation of Hong Kong mental health services toward becoming more recovery-oriented...
- Gambling behavior and problems among older adults: a systematic review of empirical studiesSamson Tse
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 67:639-52. 2012..To facilitate a better understanding of gambling behavior among older adults that will inform preventive strategies, this article systematically examined empirical studies on issues related to older adults' gambling...
- Families and family therapy in Hong KongSamson Tse
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Int Rev Psychiatry 24:115-20. 2012..Furthermore, challenges in applying the western model in Chinese culture are also outlined. We conclude that more future research is warranted to investigate how family therapy can be adapted for Chinese families...
- Recovery in Hong Kong: service user participation in mental health servicesSamson Tse
University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Int Rev Psychiatry 24:40-7. 2012....
- Examination of Chinese gambling problems through a socio-historical-cultural perspectiveSamson Tse
Department of Social Work and Social Administration, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
ScientificWorldJournal 10:1694-704. 2010..To effectively deal with gambling addictions among Chinese people, it is imperative to develop culturally responsive interventions...
- Assessing social support among South Asians: the multidimensional scale of perceived social supportKareen Tonsing
The University of Hong Kong, 13 F, K K Leung Building, Department of Social Work and Social Administration, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Asian J Psychiatr 5:164-8. 2012..The internal reliability and construct validity of the MSPSS-U and MSPSS-N were also established and provided support for the validity of both versions as tools for measuring perceived social support among South Asian migrants...