Affiliation: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Health services research in the public healthcare system in Hong Kong: an analysis of over 1 million antihypertensive prescriptions between 2004-2007 as an example of the potential and pitfalls of using routinely collected electronic patient dataMartin C S Wong
General Practice and Primary Care, Division of Community Based Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Glasgow, 1 Horselethill Road, Glasgow G12 9LX, UK
BMC Health Serv Res 8:138. 2008..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the potential usefulness of a comprehensive database used routinely in the public healthcare system in Hong Kong, using antihypertensive drug prescriptions in primary care as an example...
- Misleading funnel plot for detection of bias in meta-analysisJ L Tang
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
J Clin Epidemiol 53:477-84. 2000..These findings also suggest that the discrepancies between large trials and corresponding meta-analyses and heterogeneity in meta-analyses may also be determined by how they are evaluated...
- How willing are the public to pay for anti-hypertensive drugs for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a survey in a Chinese cityJin Ling Tang
Chinese Cochrane Centre Hong Kong Branch, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Epidemiol 39:244-54. 2010..We conducted this study to address these issues and to describe the gap between current policy and what the public truly want...
- Review paper: epidemiology, evidence-based medicine, and public healthJin Ling Tang
School of Public Health, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, PWH, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, P R China
Asia Pac J Public Health 21:244-51. 2009..Although more closely related to epidemiology than clinical medicine, public health should also adopt a more systematic approach to evidence-based practice...
- Research priorities in traditional Chinese medicineJin-ling Tang
Hong Kong Cochrane Branch, School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, China
BMJ 333:391-4. 2006
- Selection bias in meta-analyses of gene-disease associationsJin Ling Tang
Chinese Cochrane Centre, Hong Kong Branch, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, The People's Republic of China
PLoS Med 2:e409. 2005
- Weighting bias in meta-analysis of binary outcomesJ L Tang
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
J Clin Epidemiol 53:1130-6. 2000..Suggestions for detection and control of the bias are also given...
- Dose-response relationship between cooking fumes exposures and lung cancer among Chinese nonsmoking womenIgnatius T S Yu
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, China
Cancer Res 66:4961-7. 2006..Cumulative exposure to cooking by means of any form of frying could increase the risk of lung cancer in Hong Kong nonsmoking women. Practical means to reduce exposures to cooking fumes should be given top priority in future research...
- Acupuncture for nocturnal enuresis in children: a systematic review and exploration of rationaleWendy F Bower
Department of Surgery, Division of Paediatric Surgery and Paediatric Urology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Neurourol Urodyn 24:267-72. 2005..This review identified reports of acupuncture for childhood nocturnal enuresis, with the aim of ascertaining whether acupuncture is efficacious and or better than standard therapy for treating enuresis...
- Intrapartum cesarean delivery after successful external cephalic version: a meta-analysisL Y Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Obstet Gynecol 104:155-60. 2004..We sought to estimate whether the risk of intrapartum cesarean delivery is higher in pregnancies after successful external cephalic version...
- Adverse effects of low-level air pollution on the respiratory health of schoolchildren in Hong KongT S Yu
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong, 4 F, Lek Yuen Health Centre, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
J Occup Environ Med 43:310-6. 2001..The study provides additional evidence for the adverse effects of long-term exposure to relatively low-level air pollution...
- The challenges of public health education with a particular reference to ChinaS M Griffiths
School of Public Health and Primary Care, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Public Health 124:218-24. 2010..This paper summarizes some of the discussions on the future of public health education in China within the context of China's healthcare reforms and trends in global public health education...
- Deaths from nasopharyngeal cancer among waiters and waitresses in Chinese restaurantsIgnatius T S Yu
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, 4 F, School of Public Health, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong, China
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 77:499-504. 2004..This study was carried out to investigate whether waiters/waitresses in Chinese restaurants have an increased risk of dying from NPC...
- An efficacy-driven approach to the research and development of traditional Chinese medicineJ L Tang
Department of Community and Family Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 7:375-80. 2001..An efficacy-driven approach could avoid basic research into therapies that are clinically ineffective, thus sparing precious research resources...