- Validity of self-reports and reliability of spousal proxy reports on the smoking behavior of Chinese parents with young childrenYim Wah Mak
School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
Addict Behav 30:841-5. 2005..0 and 0.58, and 0.82 and 0.33, respectively. Self-report and proxy reports of smoking status are considered valid and reliable to assess smoking behavior of parents with young children in Hong Kong...
- Family process and peer influences on substance use by adolescentsAlice Yuen Loke
School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, China
Int J Environ Res Public Health 10:3868-85. 2013..Interventions are needed that recognize the strength of the parent-child relationship, as well as strengthen family functioning through improved interpersonal, parenting, and monitoring skills. ..
- Experiences and perceptions of nurses caring for dying patients and families in the acute medical admission settingYim Wah Mak
Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong SAR
Int J Palliat Nurs 19:423-31. 2013..This study aimed to explore the experiences and perceptions of nurses caring for dying patients and their families in the acute medical admission setting...
- Predictors of spontaneous smoking cessation among Chinese men whose wives are pregnantAlice Yuen Loke
Family and Community Health Division, School of Nursing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong
Matern Child Health J 16:1247-56. 2012....
- Predictors of the participation of smoking parents in a proactive telephone-based smoking cessation programYim Wah Mak
Department of Nursing Studies, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Addict Behav 31:1731-43. 2006..The objective of this study is to identify the predictors of participation by smoking parents in a proactive telephone-based smoking cessation program...