Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- Coenzyme Q10 attenuates beta-amyloid pathology in the aged transgenic mice with Alzheimer presenilin 1 mutationXifei Yang
The Jockey Club MRI Center, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Mol Neurosci 34:165-71. 2008....
- Coenzyme Q10 protects SHSY5Y neuronal cells from beta amyloid toxicity and oxygen-glucose deprivation by inhibiting the opening of the mitochondrial permeability transition poreGeng Li
The Jockey Club MRI Centre, The University of Hong Kong, China
Biofactors 25:97-107. 2005..05) when CoQ10 was administered. Our results demonstrate that CoQ10 protects neuronal cells against Abeta neurotoxicity together with OGD by inhibiting the opening of the pore and reducing the concentration of superoxide anion...
- Neuroprotective effect of Coenzyme Q10 on ischemic hemisphere in aged mice with mutations in the amyloid precursor proteinGeng Li
Jockey Club MRI Center, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Neurobiol Aging 28:877-82. 2007..We conclude that CoQ10 has a protective effect on the brain from infarction and atrophy induced by ischemic injury in aged and susceptible transgenic mice...
- Cognitive processing in Chinese literate and illiterate subjects: an fMRI studyGeng Li
The Jockey Club MRI Center, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Hum Brain Mapp 27:144-52. 2006..These results indicate that the patterns of neural activation associated with language tasks are strongly influenced by education. Education appears to have enhanced cognitive processing efficiency in language tasks...
- An fMRI study of somatosensory-implicated acupuncture points in stable somatosensory stroke patientsGeng Li
The Jockey Club MRI Centre, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Magn Reson Imaging 24:1018-24. 2006..To assess differences in brain responses between stroke patients and controls to tactile and electrical acupuncture stimulation using functional MRI (fMRI)...
- Coenzyme Q10 reduces beta-amyloid plaque in an APP/PS1 transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseXifei Yang
Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute Company Limited, Hong Kong, China
J Mol Neurosci 41:110-3. 2010..These data demonstrate that in addition to reducing intracellular deposition of Abeta, CoQ10 can also reduce plaque pathology. Our study further supports the use of CoQ10 as a therapeutic candidate for AD...
- Spinal effects of acupuncture stimulation assessed by proton density-weighted functional magnetic resonance imaging at 0.2 TGeng Li
The Jockey Club MRI Center, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Magn Reson Imaging 23:995-9. 2005..During stimulation, 8 of the 11 subjects had consistent functional activations in C6/C7. A bilateral activation pattern was common. Our findings show that acupoint stimulation modulates activity in the spinal cord...
- Visual cortical activations on fMRI upon stimulation of the vision-implicated acupointsGeng Li
The Jockey Club MRI Engineering Centre, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Neuroreport 14:669-73. 2003..Thus, acupuncture may modulate the activity of relevant brain sites. Our results also suggest that electro-acupuncture is useful in future studies...
- Diet supplement CoQ10 delays brain atrophy in aged transgenic mice with mutations in the amyloid precursor protein: an in vivo volume MRI studyGeng Li
Hong Kong Applied Science and Technology Research Institute Company Limited, Hong Kong, HKSAR, China
Biofactors 32:169-78. 2008..Our result indicated that CoQ10 may have therapeutic potential in the prevention and treatment of MCI and AD...
- An fMRI study of acupuncture-induced brain activation of aphasia stroke patientsGeng Li
Hong Kong Time Medical System and Rejuvenis International Ltd, Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Complement Ther Med 19:S49-59. 2011..These results suggest that acupuncture may have therapeutic benefits in post-stroke aphasia patients...
- Cortical activations upon stimulation of the sensorimotor-implicated acupointsGeng Li
The Jockey Club MRI Engineering Centre, Faculty of Engineering, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Magn Reson Imaging 22:639-44. 2004..Our results indicate the existence of sensorimotor-implicated acupoints as sensitive sites to obtain somatotopic activations over the sensory cortices with co-activation of the motor cortices...
- Melatonin reduces infarction volume in a photothrombotic stroke model in the wild-type but not cyclooxygenase-1-gene knockout miceLiang Yu Zou
Division of Neurology, University Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Pineal Res 41:150-6. 2006..Melatonin treatment reduces infarct size in the wild-type mice following photothrombotic stroke partly via maintenance of penumbral CBF in which the COX-1-gene may play a role...
- An fMRI study comparing brain activation between word generation and electrical stimulation of language-implicated acupointsGeng Li
The Jockey Club Magnetic Resonance Imaging Engineering Centre, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Hum Brain Mapp 18:233-8. 2003..Although our results support the notion of acupoint-brain activation, applying acupuncture at SJ 8 or Du 15 does not activate the typical language areas in the left inferior frontal cortex...
- Physiology and cell biology of acupuncture observed in calcium signaling activated by acoustic shear waveGeng Li
Time Medical Systems, No 2, Science Park West Avenue, Hong Kong, China
Pflugers Arch 462:587-97. 2011..ASW signaling makes use of the anisotropy of elasticity of tissues as its waveguides for transmission and that cell activation is not based on the nervous system...
- Proton-density-weighted spinal fMRI with sensorimotor stimulation at 0.2 TMan Cheuk Ng
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, 5 F, Professor Block, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Neuroimage 29:995-9. 2006..Our results suggested the existence of task-driven proton density change in the cervical spinal cord...
- Neural correlates of nouns and verbs in early bilingualsAlice H D Chan
State Key Laboratory of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1145:30-40. 2008..Our findings are consistent with the theory that neural circuits for linguistic dimensions are weighted and modulated by the characteristics of a language...
- Identification of a novel prostate cancer-associated tumor antigenAmanda K Miles
School of Biomedical and Natural Science, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Lane, Clifton, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Prostate 67:274-87. 2007..Using sera from cancer patients, we have previously reported on the identification of immunologically recognized proteins that belong to the family of cancer testis antigens (CTAs)...
- Derivative temporal clustering analysis: detecting prolonged neuronal activityXia Zhao
Research Imaging Center, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 25:183-7. 2007..By removing the limitations in the previous TCA, DTCA has shown its powerful capability in detecting prolonged plateau neuronal activities...
- Peptide immunisation of HLA-DR-transgenic mice permits the identification of a novel HLA-DRbeta1*0101- and HLA-DRbeta1*0401-restricted epitope from p53José Manuel Rojas
School of Sciences, The Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Lane, Nottingham, NG11 8NS, UK
Cancer Immunol Immunother 54:243-53. 2005....
- Anti-tumour therapeutic efficacy of OX40L in murine tumour modelSelman A Ali
School of Science, Nottingham Trent University, Clifton Lane, Nottingham NG11 8NS, UK
Vaccine 22:3585-94. 2004..These results demonstrate the potential role of the OX40L in cancer immunotherapy...
- A prototype methodology combining surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization protein chip technology and artificial neural network algorithms to predict the chemoresponsiveness of breast cancer cell lines exposed to Paclitaxel and Doxorubicin under in vShahid Mian
Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research Building, Faculty of Science and Land based Studies, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, UK
Proteomics 3:1725-37. 2003....