Po Sing Leung
Affiliation: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Location: Hong Kong, China
- Leung P. The Potential Protective Action of Vitamin D in Hepatic Insulin Resistance and Pancreatic Islet Dysfunction in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Nutrients. 2016;8:147 pubmed publisher....
- Cheng S, So W, Zhang D, Cheng Q, Boucher B, Leung P. Calcitriol Reduces Hepatic Triglyceride Accumulation and Glucose Output Through Ca2+/CaMKKβ/AMPK Activation Under Insulin-Resistant Conditions in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Curr Mol Med. 2016;16:747-758 pubmed..Our data indicate that calcitriol, at above-physiological serum concentrations, reduces hepatic triglyceride accumulation and glucose output, at least in part through activation of Ca2+/CaMKK?/AMPK under insulin-resistant condition. ..
- Chen L, So W, Li S, Cheng Q, Boucher B, Leung P. Niacin-induced hyperglycemia is partially mediated via niacin receptor GPR109a in pancreatic islets. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2015;404:56-66 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that niacin-induced pancreatic islet dysfunction is probably modulated through activation of the islet beta-cell GPR109a-induced ROS-PPAR?-UCP2 pathways. ..
- Wong T, Chan L, Leung P. Involvement of the Niacin Receptor GPR109a in the LocalControl of Glucose Uptake in Small Intestine of Type 2Diabetic Mice. Nutrients. 2015;7:7543-61 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the enhanced GPR109a expression in jejunal enterocytes of T2DM mice and high-glucose treated Caco-2 cells suggests that GPR109a is involved in elevating intestinal glucose transport observed in diabetes. ..
- So W, Leung P. Irisin ameliorates hepatic glucose/lipid metabolism and enhances cell survival in insulin-resistant human HepG2 cells through adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase signaling. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2016;78:237-247 pubmed publisher....
- Zhang D, So W, Wang Y, Wu S, Cheng Q, Leung P. Insulinotropic effects of GPR120 agonists are altered in obese diabetic and obese non-diabetic states. Clin Sci (Lond). 2017;131:247-260 pubmed publisher....
- Li S, Cheng S, Zhang D, Leung P. Identification and Functional Implications of Sodium/Myo-Inositol Cotransporter 1 in Pancreatic ?-Cells and Type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes. 2017;66:1258-1271 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our results, we postulate that the MI transporter SMIT1 is required to maintain a stable PI pool in ?-cells in order that PI remains available despite its rapid turnover. ..