James Y Lau
Affiliation: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Cholecystectomy or gallbladder in situ after endoscopic sphincterotomy and bile duct stone removal in Chinese patientsJames Y W Lau
Department of Surgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Gastroenterology 130:96-103. 2006..Expectant management is alternately advocated. In this study, we compared the treatment strategies of laparoscopic cholecystectomy and gallbladders left in situ...
- Omeprazole before endoscopy in patients with gastrointestinal bleedingJames Y Lau
Institute of Digestive Disease, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
N Engl J Med 356:1631-40. 2007..A neutral gastric pH is critical for the stability of clots over bleeding arteries. We investigated the effect of preemptive infusion of omeprazole before endoscopy on the need for endoscopic therapy...
- Systematic review of the epidemiology of complicated peptic ulcer disease: incidence, recurrence, risk factors and mortalityJames Y Lau
Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Digestion 84:102-13. 2011..This systematic review aimed to determine the incidence, recurrence and mortality of complicated peptic ulcer and the risk factors associated with these events...
- Chinese translation and validation of the Walking Impairment Questionnaire in patients with peripheral artery diseaseBryan P Yan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Vasc Med 16:167-72. 2011..In conclusion, this study showed that the Chinese version of the WIQ is a valid, reliable and clinically relevant instrument for assessing walking impairment in patients with intermittent claudication...
- Intravenous esomeprazole for prevention of recurrent peptic ulcer bleeding: a randomized trialJoseph J Y Sung
Institute of Digestive Diseases, Prince of Wales Hospital, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Ann Intern Med 150:455-64. 2009..Use of proton-pump inhibitors in the management of peptic ulcer bleeding is controversial because discrepant results have been reported in different ethnic groups...
- Closure of a gastrotomy after transgastric tubal ligation by using the Eagle Claw VII: a survival experiment in a porcine model (with video)Philip W Chiu
Institute of Digestive Disease, Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Gastrointest Endosc 68:554-9. 2008..Transgastric access to the peritoneal cavity presents new opportunities for novel endoscopic surgery. Secure closure of the gastrotomy site is critical to the success of transgastric endoscopic surgery...
- The epidemiology and phenotype of Crohn's disease in the Chinese populationRupert W L Leong
Department of Gastroenterology, The University of New South Wales, Bankstown Lidcombe Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:646-51. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the incidence, temporal trend, clinical features, risk factors, extraintestinal manifestations, and the treatment of CD in the Chinese population of Hong Kong...
- Association of intestinal granulomas with smoking, phenotype, and serology in Chinese patients with Crohn's diseaseRupert W L Leong
Faculty of Medicine, The University of New South Wales, Department of Gastroenterology, Bankstown-Lidcombe Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1024-9. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Intestinal granulomas in the setting of CD may be helpful in determining phenotypic subtypes of CD, but is unhelpful in predicting disease severity. Smoking impairs the formation of granulomas in CD...