Dong Yan Jin
Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- Gao W, Tang H, Cheng Y, Chan C, Chan C, Jin D. Suppression of gluconeogenic gene transcription by SIK1-induced ubiquitination and degradation of CRTC1. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2018;1861:211-223 pubmed publisher..Our findings have implications in the development of new antihyperglycemic agents. ..
- Deng J, Kong K, Gao W, Tang H, Chaudhary V, Cheng Y, et al. Interplay between SIRT1 and hepatitis B virus X protein in the activation of viral transcription. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech. 2017;1860:491-501 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings revealed not only the interplay between SIRT1 and HBx in the activation of HBV transcription but also new strategies and compounds for developing antivirals against HBV. ..
- Yuen K, Wang Z, Wong N, Zhang Z, Cheng T, Lui W, et al. Suppression of Epstein-Barr virus DNA load in latently infected nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells by CRISPR/Cas9. Virus Res. 2018;244:296-303 pubmed publisher..Our work provides the proof-of-principle for suppressing EBV DNA load with CRISPR/Cas9 and a potential new strategy to sensitize EBV-infected NPC cells to chemotherapy. ..
- Chan C, Kok K, Jin D. Human T-Cell Leukemia Virus Type 1 Infection and Adult T-Cell Leukemia. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2017;1018:147-166 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of HTLV-1 biology and leukemogenesis will reveal new strategies and modalities for ATL prevention and treatment. ..
- Chaudhary V, Yuen K, Chan J, Chan C, Wang P, Cai J, et al. Selective Activation of Type II Interferon Signaling by Zika Virus NS5 Protein. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..A drug that specifically inhibits the IFN-γ receptor or STAT1 shows an anti-ZIKV effect and might also have anti-inflammatory activity. ..