Genomes and Genes
Philip P C Ip
Affiliation: The University of Hong Kong
- Uterine smooth muscle tumors other than the ordinary leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas: a review of selected variants with emphasis on recent advances and unusual morphology that may cause concern for malignancyPhilip P C Ip
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR
Adv Anat Pathol 17:91-112. 2010..Their clinicopathologic features, differential diagnoses, and management options based on findings in the previously reported cases will also be reviewed...
- Uterine smooth muscle tumors of uncertain malignant potential (STUMP): a clinicopathologic analysis of 16 casesPhilip P C Ip
Department of Pathology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Am J Surg Pathol 33:992-1005. 2009..More recently, it has been suggested that immunohistochemical staining may be helpful in the diagnosis of STUMPs...
- Tranexamic acid-associated necrosis and intralesional thrombosis of uterine leiomyomas: a clinicopathologic study of 147 cases emphasizing the importance of drug-induced necrosis and early infarcts in leiomyomasPhilip P C Ip
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1215-24. 2007..Four hundred ninety patients with uterine leiomyomas in 2004 and 2005 were reviewed. Their ages ranged from 22 to 86 (mean 47.2). One hundred forty-seven (30%) were treated with tranexamic acid...
- Pathology of uterine leiomyosarcomas and smooth muscle tumours of uncertain malignant potentialPhilip P C Ip
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 25:691-704. 2011..The problems with histologic diagnosis, immunohistochemical studies and molecular pathology are reviewed...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism of pi-class glutathione s-transferase and susceptibility to endometrial carcinomaQueeny K Y Chan
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Clin Cancer Res 11:2981-5. 2005..In this study, we aimed at determining the association between the GSTP1 polymorphism and the risk of endometrial carcinoma in a Chinese population...
- Aberrant activation of hedgehog signaling pathway in ovarian cancers: effect on prognosis, cell invasion and differentiationXiaoyun Liao
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Carcinogenesis 30:131-40. 2009..Gli1 expression is an independent prognostic marker. Inhibition of the HH pathway molecules might be a valid therapeutic strategy for ovarian cancers...
- Paradoxical impact of two folate receptors, FRα and RFC, in ovarian cancer: effect on cell proliferation, invasion and clinical outcomeMichelle K Y Siu
Department of Pathology, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Special Administrative Region of China
PLoS ONE 7:e47201. 2012..FRα and RFC may potentially be explored as therapeutic target or prognostic marker respectively. We recommend caution and additional research on folate supplements in cancer patients...
- Tumor suppressor effect of follistatin-like 1 in ovarian and endometrial carcinogenesis: a differential expression and functional analysisQueeny K Y Chan
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Carcinogenesis 30:114-21. 2009..Our findings suggested that a tumor suppressor role of FSTL1 may be important in ovarian and endometrial carcinogenesis...
- Papillary proliferation of the endometrium: a clinicopathologic study of 59 cases of simple and complex papillae without cytologic atypiaPhilip P C Ip
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China Department of Pathology, Royal Jubilee Hospital, Victoria, BC, Canada Department of Pathology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada Department of Pathology, Belfast Health and Social Care Trust, Belfast, Northern Ireland The James Homer Wright Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
Am J Surg Pathol 37:167-77. 2013..As the distinction between simple and complex PPE may be difficult in small endometrial aspirational samples, consideration for curettage should be given to ascertain whether the lesion has been completely removed...
- Aberrant activation of hedgehog signaling pathway contributes to endometrial carcinogenesis through beta-cateninXiaoyun Liao
Department of Pathology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Mod Pathol 22:839-47. 2009..In summary, overexpression of Gli1 was an early event in endometrial carcinogenesis. Aberrant activation of hedgehog pathway may play important roles in endometrial cancer through beta-catenin nuclear accumulation...
- Ovarian clear cell carcinoma with choriocarcinomatous differentiation: report of a rare and aggressive tumorYuan Jing Hu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Int J Gynecol Pathol 29:539-45. 2010..Nonetheless, there may be a role for neoadjuvant chemotherapy that targets both the clear cell and the choriocarcinoma components to reduce the volume of the disease before debulking surgery...
- Promoter methylation and differential expression of pi-class glutathione S-transferase in endometrial carcinomaQueeny K Y Chan
Department of Pathology, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Rd, Hong Kong
J Mol Diagn 7:8-16. 2005....